Non Gold Card Users

HardWrath

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Max HardWrath Mayhem
For all of today, aside from people who were online before the Gold Card servers went down, the only people who have been able to log into EU are those who do not use a Gold Card.

I am unable to log on of course because I have a gold card and have had one since I started. In fact, my Gold Card says Project Entropia and its number is under 1000. Its so worn down you cant even read what it says but it keeps on working. I think I got it in 2005 and have only had to have MA replace the reader one time.

By talking with friends today who were able to access EU, I quickly learned how many people are playing without a gold card. I can tell you that this is a huge mistake. If your avatar has any meaningful dollar value, perhaps at least $500 or $1000, its completely worth owning a gold card.

Since 2005 I've encountered too many people who's PC have gotten infected with a key logger, or someone was able get their account log-in details.... Then one day that person logs in to EU only to find that everything of value on their avatar is gone.

So I want to say this here for everyone: Don't be an idiot.. Get a Gold Card and use it.

For all of you who have played for some time now and built trust and friendships in EU: Imagine the scenario where someone gains access to your account and along with clearing anything of value out of your avatar, they also contact your friends and "borrow" items from them using your good name.

Guess what happens: You are completely fucked... Lets just be blunt about it.

Its not MindArk's fault that your account was compromised and just so you know, they both cant and wont do anything about it. You most likely will not get your stuff back and if other people got scammed because you were too lazy to secure your account, your name likely will also be ruined.

Last edited:
For all of today, aside from people who were online before the Gold Card servers went down, the only people who have been able to log into EU are those who do not use a Gold Card.

I am unable to log on of course because I have a gold card and have had one since I started. In fact, my Gold Card says Project Entropia and its number is under 1000. Its so worn down you cant even read what it says but it keeps on working. I think I got it in 2005 and have only had to have MA replace the reader one time.

By talking with friends today who were able to access EU, I quickly learned how many people are playing without a gold card. I can tell you that this is a huge mistake. If your avatar has any meaningful dollar value, perhaps at least $500 or $1000, its completely worth owning a gold card.

Since 2005 I've encountered too many people who's PC have gotten infected with a key logger, or someone was able get their account log-in details.... Then one day that person logs in to EU only to find that everything of value on their avatar is gone.

So I want to say this here for everyone: Don't be an idiot.. Get a Gold Card and use it.

For all of you who have played for some time now and built trust and friendships in EU: Imagine the scenario where someone gains access to your account and along with clearing anything of value out of your avatar, they also contact your friends and "borrow" items from them using your good name.

Guess what happens: You are completely fucked... Lets just be blunt about it.

Its not MindArk's fault that your account was compromised and just so you know, they both cant and wont do anything about it. You most likely will not get your stuff back and if other people got scammed because you were too lazy to secure your account, your name likely will also be ruined.

Gold Card system is really old system and soon it should be marked as redundant. Its not flexible and annoying to use and it is very fragile for device malfunction.

Instead MA could use sms msges with every login (or to reduce amount of sms sends - either: every time IP adress is changed or 24h passes). Two above issues are solved with this solution and security level stays exactly the same. Notice that i am not talking about app for smartphone but rather simple sms sends (similar to Blizzard and few other companies already use).

I would never use gold card system even if it was totally free and included as part of the game... yet i would use sms protection even with small monthly payment (~30peds).

Falagor
:bandit:

Back