noob mining trip to cnd

preAcher_SLO

Provider
hi! i have 1 question since it seems i am cursed in mining...is it worth to sacrifice any ped at all for a CND trip (figure is lower than 500ped)? i've been mining eudoria and amethera with the equipment i max, i currently did it with 211(L) in around 1k mining skills (80% i mine ore) and lost around 400ped planet-wise...in the time of skills acquired, i didn't get 1 global, 1 hof, only a 30%-50% max. return on most runs...and here the question comes...should i even bother going on CND or will i have 25 NRF streak and then a V claim like planetside? or worse?? because i've heard that CND doesnt even give claims smaller than 15ped, but at the same time i was at a friend when he was mining cnd and he got a V claim and such...am I perhaps mining incorrectly? i always drop bombs CCA 90-110m appart...oh and btw neither did i get a spaceship in those 1k skills...i know its not much but..in all this time and ped lost...starting to think something wrong with my mining...so please post a reccomendation about YES, go to CND and HELL NO, stay planetside until xxxx skills.....

thx for answers, GL all!

Smalles you can get on CND is V, but due to tax it can turn into IV, happened to me few.

Mining on CND is different from mining on Calypso.
First of all your seekres have smaller range, so you need to drop bombs more often. Second, CND is moody - sometimes you can get few HoFs on a 100 bombs run, sometimes you will get few size V claims and that's it.
Another thing is you can get a big thing there, but more often than on Calypso you will get NRF, with 1k skill it is pritty sure. I know miners with nice skills who happen to have up to 50 NRFs one by one there. Still last bomb can change your life. I got my first HoF there, after I dopped 200 bombs and had only 5 to go.

Another thing is - are you ready for mobs all over your claim. There are domes where you can mine safe, but in some domes (like dome 4) you will have lots of little nasty atroxes following you all the time. Kill 5, drop 1 bomb.

I'd advice you to wait with CND untill you can fully use of105. I had similar situation to what you write about when I was on your skill level, and I kept on mining Calypso for some more time.

OFC, would be best if others gave you their advices too :D
GL mate

I had same idea when I was mining, baaaad idea :D

Like Jason said you can either hit big claims or hit smaller ones or nothing at all. My first trip with an OF-103 I went 175 straight NRF's then hit about 80 peds worth of claims in the next 20 bombs and never hit another one. 2nd time up with an OF-211 and skills about where yours are now I only lost a little after markup. 3rd time up with 600 ped in bombs and a maxed Z20 I lost 300 ped so as you can see hitting the jackpot at CND is not easy. I am waiting until my 105 is maxed until I make another trip up and will probably carry a couple of amps as well but no matter how much I lose I will always go back because it's a nice vacation from the planet.

And aside from Dome 3 there are only a couple of domes I can run without mobs all over me and die more often then not. Then again I cannot take down most mobs there with my amped Riker2 and Shogun armor with 3a plates so I don't even bother wearing armor or try to take down mobs. I just try to avoid them...lol

My suggestion is wait until you refine your technique and can make profit on the planet more times than not and can afford to lose it all on CND but it's ultimately your choice. Just don't expect to hit the big one and look at it more as an experience and you will have fun even if you lose peds. If you truly are a cursed miner then you should look into another profession maybe?

yea that's true that's why I'm so fond of going to CND, I already got all tp's on the planet by now and am well..bored of the same old scenery..was thinking of getting rifle to 5k and then start mining when I'd be able to take out mobs on my way..I've maxed UL1 so far..you can't do much with UL1 LOL :D will probably go up just for the fun of it anyway...and try to avoid mobs as you said..I've read a thread here where someone said they graduated in mining on cnd from just small deposits here and there, that mostly she did it from claims :) so..is luck that great of a factor here? or just recognizing that NRF means MOVE AS FAR AS POSSIBLE FROM HERE?

Luck is a very big factor at CND.
I have maxed (long time ago) OF105 and I still use it because it is good enough for me now.
On CND I use my ghost+4A plates and with ewe-ep 40 I can take down most of CND mobs, only exceptions are Cornoarterions, Caperons, strongest Molisks and Argos and ofc Desplators. But as I did many mining tours on Treasure Island I know how to avoid mobs.
My advice is that before you take a trip there try to mine "dancing around" Hogglos and Second Entities. This will give you an idea how far away should you keep some mobs. Desps have similar aggression factor to Hogglos. It is possible to mine domes with Desps and other, but sometimes you just have your path blocked.
In my opinion it makes no sense to go to CND when you can't take at lest 300ped for 2 mining runs (each 100probes and 100bombs). My first visit there was with 80ped and I got over 500ped HoF, but HoFs are rare.... You can also happen to be there at the time when no buyer are around which maybe a bit of a pain.
And most important, if you want to go there always have 25ped left on your card to pay the ticket back. Don't spend it if your mining is a disaster in hope you will hit the big score :rolleyes: some people end up there sweating to pay the ticket back....

Nice double post?:scratch2: Same answer... I would only go if you want the experience.. not because you expect to do better then calypso... it works out the same or for mining sometimes worse.

Do you rebomb on Ameritha? I had very average result with mining until I tried re-bombing... and now I get much closer to 100% and even make some profit. I have rebombed a global twice in just the few weeks I have tried it!
Heres one:

it seems ma has the game set up very strangely:) I was rebombing some time but in the end you know what happened? 100bombs rebombing, 3 were hits...i run, i hit a claim run 100m NRF, run 100m NRF, run 100m NRF, and so on untill i lost total 500peds in just 3-4 runs...its strange, how i never got more than 50% return in a mining run(EVER), with markup sometimes up to 70 maximum...no globals...no hofs, playing for 3 months now, dont know what's wrong with my mining...maybe mining is just not for me..well i just wanted to say i went up there a nice pilot by the name cleetus i think drove me up(+rep for being SOOOOOO NICE!!) and well saw the thing its amazing, but yea, would need money to have fun up there:) now im stranded till i get to my bank and depo..ah well we shall see what cnd will bring:) i think i should try crafting (LOL :lolup:) nah seriouosly i'm starting to think characters have different luck % in different proffesions. thats my conclusion for now:) thx for all the advice !! GL to all!

my brother cant get anything by mining on earth but he gets from cnd... me myself i dont get shit from cnd so i dont even go there... its like 1 claim/100 bombs... and its not cheap if uve dropped those 100 bombs with 103 or 104 amp

so maybe u should try it go to cnd

what are you smoking? :D

mostly AK47, Blue mystic is nice also, love the northern lights:D:D:D

any more questions?:) it's really hard to say what suits you, i think i'm sure my avatar was set to "drain ped" mode when created...like tamn's was set to "LUCKY-ooOOOOh":D

btw tamn how's it going? :) probably hit the ath by now?:) its been 1 month?:laugh::D good work btw, gratz! you're luck is :eek:

peace :cool:

mostly AK47, Blue mystic is nice also, love the northern lights:D:D:D

any more questions?:) it's really hard to say what suits you, i think i'm sure my avatar was set to "drain ped" mode when created...like tamn's was set to "LUCKY-ooOOOOh":D

btw tamn how's it going? :) probably hit the ath by now?:) its been 1 month?:laugh::D good work btw, gratz! you're luck is :eek:

peace :cool:

Oh...someone knows about me....warms my heart, :laugh:
Ah, not yet man..no yet...but I may have a surprise up my sleeve still.
;)
Ya...long as I can stay off the craft (lol...was that a pun)
Im good, ;)

hehe nice :) stay away from crafting..takes thousands before you have skills that can probably sometimes bring you profit too..stay at your thing:) and thats mining as far as we can comprehend:D

keep up the good work, can't wait to hear bout the next run and see the global pics:):yay:

peace

I am sorry you had size II on CND, this is very first time I hear about such size there.

preAcher_SLO said:
no globals...no hofs, playing for 3 months now, dont know what's wrong with my mining...maybe mining is just not for me..

I am in the game for 3 years. My first mining global came after 1,5 year. My first hunting global came after 2,5 years, but I am not a hunter.
I know new avatars develop faster. But don't expect to HoF after such a short time. I know some people do, for example my disciple on the day he finished being a disciple HoFed on 400ped molecules.... but some miners have to wait.

Back