Oh, what's the use...

Donald

Stalker
Society
Retired
Donald "Don" Cleveland
I would really rather not spoil my diary with a rant against MindArk, so I will post one here instead. A few days ago I pressed the 'Sit' action key to sit on the floor in Kira's apartment. That triggered a bug that left me suspended in space! Looking down I could see all the landscape in the region of Omegaton Habitat West but no buildings. Looking up, I could see Kira's apartment from my position far below. When I explained what happened to Kira, she was not at all surprised.

A day or so afterward I was looking for an apartment of my own. While out on a balcony I decided to try that 'sitting' thing once more. Needless to say, it happened again. I was once more suspended in space! This time I tried to get back into a building. That didn't work so I tried to descend to the surface. The result of that effort was a reboot of my computer! This really mad me angry. This is no slouch of a machine, and I can play any game out there with no ill-effects. This doesn't mean other games don't have some bugs, but in my experience, nothing that would cause a machine to reboot!

When I was able to re-enter the EU, I was still hanging out in space. My only apparent recourse was to press the T key and teleport out.

Countdown to freedom!

This is my complaint: MindArk knows about this bug. If Kira knew, MindArk knows. And I can reproduce it at will. One key to eradicating a software bug is being able to reproduce it. Also, it caused my machine to reboot! I know MA could try to cover itself, if they only cared to, by asking all sorts of annoying questions like, what other programs were running in the background, what graphics drivers, video card, yada, yada, yada... Based on this, I don't really think it is worthwhile to file a complaint. I am particularly angry about the fact that it rebooted my computer. I don't take computer-abuse lightly! To me that's a very serious offense.

It has become a cliché that MA only fixes bugs that cost it money. Well, I don't know if that's true but if the bugginess does not abate soon, it will cost them my money, at least. Not that it matters...

Sincerely,
Donald

Hey there donald, i think this bugs been around for quite a whilst but it can also be quite helpfull at times when i was in my apartment and was in a rush to get somewhere it was a lot quicker to run into the corner of my balcony sit down and then you become suspended then stand up and you fall to the floor, a lot quicker way to get down than using the TP and corridors :) But yes i understand this bug can be annoying when you dont wont to make a sharp escape :mad:

Elroy :)

Back