Oil Rig as a Lootable PVP

M-A-S-H

Old
Banned
Ok ok, so i know most of you all wont like this idea, but i just want to see what your view are on this. And dont be mean, im like a chicken feed uber noob, but im sure some high octane low intellect jittery muppet will neg rep me anyway. Oh Boohoo :D So like heres what im thinking and would like your responses to. I cant go to the rig cause like i wont even get a change to take a leek on a bush before i get shot :D (yes picture it, not nice. Now take a deep breath, count 1, 2, 3 and BAM!!. There the thought is gone)

Back to business. So i know the rig already has like no radar and drops oil for free. I also know there are some folks that are regulars and others who want to be, but never survive long enough to loved.

So how about Making the Oil Rig a Lootable pvp? Woulnt that be a greasy monkeys ass better than the plain old stand, wait and kill everyone when the time for a drop comes? I mean like the loot is only worth from what i ready here like 9 ped mostly anyway. So what do you all say. Are the wannabe ubers gonna protest and the real ubers take over. Or would you all like to step up and be seen as not backing down from such a challenge or change?

What Do yall think :D

No

Every newbie wants to see the oil rig and have dreams about free oil. Well atleast most of us did 4 years ago.

Other times the oil rig is just a meeting place (sometimes for nice ppl, other times for noobs). It serves more a social function; is a status symbol and one of the few things the remain from the olden days.
they already took away our giant mushroom; now don't them make the rig toxic :cry:

You sure got a way with words :)

Not a bad idea, but then i dont go there much. Maybe not the entire area, but perhaps just a radius around the pump slightly bigger than the drop radius. I like the idea to some extent, not sure it would be much liked by all though. But then its not where o go very often. I certainly dont have the patience to wait for drops lol

Other times the oil rig is just a meeting place (sometimes for nice ppl, other times for noobs). It serves more a social function; is a status symbol and one of the few things the remain from the olden days.
they already took away our giant mushroom; now don't them make the rig toxic :cry:

Not to say anything about Hades and my beloved tree (rest in peace, dear), roof you could jump up to in Minopolis and few other lovely places they took away from us.

I say no.
Not only because it's a social place but also because we already have 2 lootable zones and we need some non lootable as well. For some to do "save" mining or hunting runs, for some to have a pleasure of shooting others just to defend the oil rig, not for loots.

LoL i like how you said that you would get -rep you dont deserve -rep
but you might think about a *FacePalm* :D

so a 5ped toxic shot to go to the rig to loot a 8-12ped of oil.
The hunters that take down the trox stalkers get killed instantly after they kill and loot the trox.
Newbs coming to oil rig for the first time, first pay the 5ped, then get shot instantly and ahve to sweat for another 4 hours to be able to come back only to get shot again.
A lot less of the fun fights just beacuse it would get to expencive to get killed multiple times.

I say NO!

:sniper:
:)

I actually think its a good idea. That way the people who were actually the best at pvp would get the rewards and the rig wouldnt constatly be full of newbies who were just there to be a pain in the ass.

Lets face it at the moment it isn't worth it to shut down the rig. You waste more in ammo and decay than the oil drops. And it costs the newbies what? a few pec ME each time they go there?

If it were lootable pvp and it cost a couple ped everytime you went in and died youd think twice, teams would actually co-ordinate and fight over it and and newbies who cry when you shoot them would be noplace around. Instead of the bullshit hippy comune lovein crap we have down there now. wahwah im a newbie dont shoot me I just want oil. Its pvp bitches, get used to it :silly2:

I don´t like the idea of lootable PvP at RIG.

Its a nice place to visit, talk to some UBERs and with a little luck you won´t get shot as a noob befor you manage to pick up some oil :)

We got PvP4 lootable, thats enough for those who like lootable PvP.

If we get another lootable PvP than it should be new area, not modified old one!

I have actually been think about something similar. It would be cool if we had more places around the planet like the Oil Rig. It could be ore mines or rigs that gives away free ore/enmatters to the player or players that control the place, and it would be small pvp areas around them. Could be like small land grabs all the days. The oil rig itself could be as it is with no pvp.

Could be a bit fun for the playing. :)

So like what if like one of the posters here said, there was only a small radius just little bigger than the drop zone that was lootable? So like the noobs and everyone else who wants to sociolise can do that still and not need toxic shots. But like they can all still be right there just in a regular pvp. So no toxic shot for sociolising :D

I though of it because like surely it be more fun to try and hold on to your takings and defend it? I know some folks there agree to split the oil, but those arrangements can still be there. Maybe add a few more walls and containers to run and escape out of the small lootable zone :D Man i wish i was skilled enough hehe

Like someone else here has said. The drop amounts are too small to validate this sort of initiative. Perhaps if the drop amounts were slightly larger. But fat chance that will happen just to allow this sort of setup lolz

We got PvP4 lootable, thats enough for those who like lootable PvP.

If we get another lootable PvP than it should be new area, not modified old one!
How about a second oil rig that is in a new pvp zone... wasn't there a little hidden island that had an unused rig somewhere?!? ;)

Also, what about a beer rig/mosh pit on Rocktropia?

I think this will piss of more ppl then it will make ppl happy so i say No.

Always look to the greater good.

No

Every newbie wants to see the oil rig and have dreams about free oil. Well atleast most of us did 4 years ago.

agree, not more to say

hell yea

Yes a rig in lootable pvp can be funn and i think its gonna be much ppl fighting for it :)

But i think a oil rig as a Claim u need to take oil all time not much but some all time so u cant just be there half active (uber limited geer) or just jump in clean ppl just when its a drop to grabb oil.

Worst idea ever.

People who would hate lootable @ rig:

Lots of atrox hunters who also come to this area for high maturity trox.
Noobs who want to try and get a chance to pick a stack of oil or two.
Midlevel players who like to spend time practicing pk, and getting a little oil to pay for the effort.
Ubers who pick oil and would have to be in constant fear of some ass with a pulverizer hiding in the building.
The casual rig visitor who just wants to come hang out from time to time.
(This list basically includes everyone who goes to the rig at all, as well as many other avatars who don't)

We have pvp4. We have pvp3. We have pvp on Rocktropia (or do we? I stopped keeping track). We don't need another lootable zone in an area where lootable pvp would really contradict the reason for the area to be there in the first place. File this one away with foot guards.

A. Ok so the main arguments/problems are:

1. The drops arent worth the toxic shots
2. Noobs cant go there then
3. Enough pvp zones already
4. Hunters wont pay to hunt there
5. ppl hiding in buildings from a distance
6. Its a social place and toxic wont allow that

=================================

So here is how i think those probs can be solved like :D

A
1. Toxic shot peds can go directly to drops. So either more drops more often or bigger amounts in the drops each time :D:D That would make it worth while. or they could like make it a Non Toxic Lootable pvp, but then the drop rate and amounts stays the same.

2. If the toxic zone is slightly bigger than the drop or outside pickup distance then noobs can still come look. The containers where you all send us too usually would be just outside the lootable zone. So the noobs can still come and watch as they do now. To be honest how many noobs get to grab oil anyway? Not much or maybe .05% of the time if that much at all :D

3. Sure there are enough lootable pvp zones. But none have this added bonus element. i think it makes it soo much more exciting to partake, nevermind watch. Oh how joyfull a sight it would be. It could be like a sort of gladiators areana :D

4. The toxic zone radius would not be that wide at all. Im only talking of small enough radius so that oil cant be picked up from the outside zone. So hunters still get to hunt and miners still get to mine. They wont be affected :D

5. No one can blast you from a distance building and loot you if the radius is the size im talking about.

6. Again the toxic zone wont be that big. Im talking literally up to the containers maybe in a radius. No shot required :D

Pheeeew im out of ink. :D

Last edited:
MA should let the oil rig of pvp2 and put a new oil rig with new drop zize somewhere in pvp3 as this pvp has nothing particular that is worth to go there so that problem would be fixed.

A
1. Toxic shot peds can go directly to drops. So either more drops more often or bigger amounts in the drops each time :D:D That would make it worth while. or they could like make it a Non Toxic Lootable pvp, but then the drop rate and amounts stays the same.

2. If the toxic zone is slightly bigger than the drop or outside pickup distance then noobs can still come look. The containers where you all send us too usually would be just outside the lootable zone. So the noobs can still come and watch as they do now. To be honest how many noobs get to grab oil anyway? Not much or maybe .05% of the time if that much at all :D

3. Sure there are enough lootable pvp zones. But none have this added bonus element. i think it makes it soo much more exciting to partake, nevermind watch. Oh how joyfull a sight it would be. It could be like a sort of gladiators areana :D

4. The toxic zone radius would not be that wide at all. Im only talking of small enough radius so that oil cant be picked up from the outside zone. So hunters still get to hunt and miners still get to mine. They wont be affected :D

5. No one can blast you from a distance building and loot you if the radius is the size im talking about.

6. Again the toxic zone wont be that big. Im talking literally up to the containers maybe in a radius. No shot required :D

Nice suggestions. Easiest though would be what Geoffrey Fr said. It could add some more excitement to the free oil industry lolz

A

The easiest way to handle this issue is not to do any of that at all, and leave the rig the way it is. I like the oil rig. Everybody else likes the oil rig. Are you one of the people who hates it an drags spiders there all the time?

Most of the people who actually hang out at the rig (never seen you there) also go to pvp4. Sometimes we want to do lootable, sometimes we want to go to the rig. It's nice to have a change of pace in this game, rather than everything be the same (kind of like when you loot an item rather than the same old shit oils). Stop making bad suggestions that make the game less fun.

Last edited:
Nope and I dont see it happening anytime soon, since the ubers would complain too much.

MA should let the oil rig of pvp2 and put a new oil rig with new drop zize somewhere in pvp3 as this pvp has nothing particular that is worth to go there so that problem would be fixed.

Agreed. I have had many times walked around PVP3 for hours and never ran into anyone. This would at least make it more interesting.

Ok ok, so i know most of you all wont like this idea, but i just want to see what your view are on this. And dont be mean, im like a chicken feed uber noob, but im sure some high octane low intellect jittery muppet will neg rep me anyway. Oh Boohoo :D So like heres what im thinking and would like your responses to. I cant go to the rig cause like i wont even get a change to take a leek on a bush before i get shot :D (yes picture it, not nice. Now take a deep breath, count 1, 2, 3 and BAM!!. There the thought is gone)

Back to business. So i know the rig already has like no radar and drops oil for free. I also know there are some folks that are regulars and others who want to be, but never survive long enough to loved.

So how about Making the Oil Rig a Lootable pvp? Woulnt that be a greasy monkeys ass better than the plain old stand, wait and kill everyone when the time for a drop comes? I mean like the loot is only worth from what i ready here like 9 ped mostly anyway. So what do you all say. Are the wannabe ubers gonna protest and the real ubers take over. Or would you all like to step up and be seen as not backing down from such a challenge or change?

What Do yall think :D

At some point it it good idea, but Nah :p

Look, give you few examples (A - now ; B - your idea)

exampleA: Newbies go to oil rig too see free peds, they know they are not loose anything just die so they allways give it a try so pk'ers there have a lot of funn to laugh out of them when they get few head shots

exampleB: Newbies wont go there because they know they can loose 1skin or 1 wool or fre hides :p in this case pk'ers would be very boored :p

(just my toughts)

Back