Question: oil rig,

Tomkat

Prowler
Society
Freelancer
Abekat Tomkat Abekatsen
What section I need to go to learn about, -

Rules on Mob training people., is it alloved to run 100 mobs on another person? Used not to be some time long ago.

Info on status of pvp, - like... Oil rig is not what it used to be anymore.

You just get noobs sitting in vehicles and running when you show up…

Frequent mob trains…I understand these are not allowed, but it’s not enforced

There is no mob train in pvp

I guess maybe there were conflicting statements? SEE Digital Studios formally specified in response to this question that do not care how people play in PVP, but they aren't around any more, and we don't actually have an answer to the more general question of whether ex-planet-partners' intentions count for anything.

Talked to support so that I could make a comment to clarify the rules here:

Mobtraining is not allowed outside of a PvP area. If you experience anyone doing this, you should submit a support case, preferably with screenshots and avatar name of the person doing the mobtraining, so that it can be investigated and appropriate action can be taken.

It is not against the rules to mobtrain inside a PvP area though. However, if the mobtrain kills someone outside of the PvP area, it's against the rules. For example, if a player were to start a mobtrain in a non-PvP area with the purpose of dragging them into a PvP area, and the creatures attack another player along the way (still outside the PvP area), that would be punishable.

Mobtraining is not allowed outside of a PvP area. If you experience anyone doing this, you should submit a support case, preferably with screenshots and avatar name of the person doing the mobtraining, so that it can be investigated and appropriate action can be taken.

It is not against the rules to mobtrain inside a PvP area though. However, if the mobtrain kills someone outside of the PvP area, it's against the rules. For example, if a player were to start a mobtrain in a non-PvP area with the purpose of dragging them into a PvP area, and the creatures attack another player along the way (still outside the PvP area), that would be punishable.

All people I met over the years that do mob train with the purpose to get the mobs in pvp they usually avoid green dots, it takes time to gather them again :))

Seems like making the AI allow mob trains should be punishable? Naughty Mindark. Let me break out a whip.

Seems like a with a new game engine you should redo the mob ai so that mob won't follow avatars aimlessly for miles, instead make them refocus what they are doing in walk cycle every so many seconds or make them run back to area they spawned from after so many seconds, etc.

Seems like making the AI allow mob trains should be punishable? Naughty Mindark. Let me break out a whip.

Seems like a with a new game engine you should redo the mob ai so that mob won't follow avatars aimlessly for miles, instead make them refocus what they are doing in walk cycle every so many seconds or make them run back to area they spawned from after so many seconds, etc.
I noticed that's already the case on Cyrene at least, where if you drag a mob it'll run back to its spawn location.

For example, if a player were to start a mobtrain in a non-PvP area with the purpose of dragging them into a PvP area, and the creatures attack another player along the way (still outside the PvP area), that would be punishable.
This is an incredibly scary precedent. Usually policy intervention requires a standard of intentional or repetitious behavior that interferes with another player's ability to use and enjoy Entropia. Have we ever had an enforcement standard as draconian as punishing accidental mob agroing/kill stealing/etc. before? This makes me really appreciate not being a hunter.

What happens in a pvp zone stays in pvp zone.
Supposed too but emotions happen.

It is not against the rules to mobtrain inside a PvP area though.
About 6 years ago I did post this on the forums so this has been the case probably longer than I been playing.

Mob training someone is perhaps the most fun thing you can do in this game....with the exception of creature control pills and becoming the mob. Sorry but a good ole mob train is hilarious every time. With that said fully understand why it's only permitted in PvP as it's a RCE. Seeing legendary mob trains from Star or old timers made me want to play the game. I was like dam that looks like fun lol. Just having a good ole time and was a Gear/Skill check on if you could take the train.

Personally the game needs some stuff to spice it up. I'd love for a daily bonus mission on Caly where you have to mob train and kill 5 avatars with mobs. The game needs a lil more chaos in it at times. Turrets at basses turned off and maybe they need restocking or for players to come help the stranded.

Add some adventure in the Macro AFK Entropia Universe to see if there are players out there.

# What I learned reading this...
When im out of ammo and run back to town! - the mobs that follow can get me in trobble :D

I got banned one week ago for mobtraining in a pvp zone

Mindark told me i did train the Person in a pve zone

I did provide Screenshots and Chat logs that proove i was in pvp i even got killed from that Person

Support does not answer to the prooves i did provide
---------

Training mobs is officially allowed for others , not for me 😅

Haven't you been much more shot than shooting?

In the Araneatrox spawn outside that fort it must be allowed. There is a guy collecting mobs with pitbull there and when I start to tag that mob pack he train all on me. Less running so it's win win :p

In the Araneatrox spawn outside that fort it must be allowed. There is a guy collecting mobs with pitbull there and when I start to tag that mob pack he train all on me. Less running so it's win win :p
Y he did same thing to me multiple times.

Y he did same thing to me multiple times.
When you clean it the pack a few times he stops and runs from you :) But I can see how this could ruin others experience.

Stop fibbing, don't look at what keeps happening to you as a source of shame but rather as an opportunity for gaining skills

Stop fibbing, don't look at what keeps happening to you as a source of shame but rather as an opportunity for gaining skills

Again no. And nor do I care when someone PM's me the famous "Ty for the free skills" line. When deep down inside their all in their feelings they got 1 shot through their plates and can't do anything about it. Based on what you said you prolly do just that.

Thats correct :) you don't know as you have never killed me in PvP or even seen me killed - It does not happen that often.
You however are a pleasant interlude for lots of people - but that's a good thing as you do get skills & your carry on & excuses brings enjoyment to this game.
So keep on with the mobtrains :)

Thats correct :) you don't know as you have never killed me in PvP or even seen me killed - It does not happen that often.
You however are a pleasant interlude for lots of people - but that's a good thing as you do get skills & your carry on & excuses brings enjoyment to this game.
So keep on with the mobtrains :)

I have no clue what youre on about. I think you have too much unwarranted pride. My comment was sarcastic, as I think it's not right that people are able to kill people essentially free through mob training, while other people are spending ammo to close the rig. MA has spoken, it is what it is. I never had or will have the intentions of mob training regardless. I'm not understanding what you are trying to get out of this conversation.

we hould add oilrig in the threads on F2p opportunhities
personally i dont even know its locations but now oil is 101% as nanofood
if i correctly understood a full day in the zone can lead to some ammo ped

we hould add oilrig in the threads on F2p opportunhities
personally i dont even know its locations but now oil is 101% as nanofood
if i correctly understood a full day in the zone can lead to some ammo ped

It is most definitely one of the most effective f2p methods. If not the best assuming you don't have the means to do other things. Such as ped to hunt for MU with low risk of ruin, or a mod fap, or ped to flip. Rig in my opinion is the best way a pure f2p player can build their account value to do other things. Most people won't do it though because they can't stomach being killed so they resort to sweating.

With CLDs being split, its only better for f2p or low depo players.

Back