OK guys lets talk Terratech Ph-4L!!

Mr. Zerostone

Hatchling
Hey everyone,
Turning to all you crafting veterans for help.
I need the dirt on the (Terratech PH-4L) Harvester tool. Who knows what BP it drops from? I am having a heck of a time finding this info out. Also, if anyone knows how I can get a hold of a Galaxy 6v Gel batteries BP I would love the help.

Thanks for your time.

I have a bp if you want a few clicks or me to click it for you.

I recall it being simply not worth it even if only used on the rare L3 trees, given the mus involved.
Since then harvesting missions have been introduced on some planets, so the PH-4 would at least be faster on any trees, but still not worth it.
I crafted a couple years ago, used one and sold one - and left it at that. Anyway, GL.

Thanks a bunch for the input guys. So any tool symbol bp will work right? Even Medic tools? What about Warp Mines?

A real shame that MA abandoned the whole harvesting > gardening > housing mechanics right after implementing them and getting the houses sold... one could think all they care about is quick cash grabs.

There's a lesson to be learned here somewhere.

To me it used to be that the PH-4 was worth it. But being a crafted L item it all came down to the MU involved when purchased. (they wear out very quickly when used)
Then again, my knowledge on Harvesting is dated, and a lot seems to have changed.
It used to be for me that I could obtain a small profit or a small loss on every run I did. (I have three PH3s, they cut more timber than the lower numbers, and a 4 would cut more than a 3). At the end of each run I just used to TT everything - chopped trees for the skills, and also it was a cheap & relaxing way to play for a change.
I used my PH3s to cut all size trees.
I would be very interested to find out what the current situation is re all aspects of harvesting.

If you are doing trees for skills, the TT tool is better. Only use these bigger tools if you really wanted the wood and can justify the markup.

The bigger tools cut more wood - it seems counterintuitive that a PH 1 would give more skills than a PH3. I am not disbelieving you, but is there a basis to your statement? I guess I may have to do tests & comparisons all over again :(
I don't know if I have the time or energy sadly

At least given current MU, even if you use it only on huge trees, it's generally around break-even at best compared to buying long boards on auction. Better to use a PH-3/Reaper 3 in the long run.

The bigger tools cut more wood - it seems counterintuitive that a PH 1 would give more skills than a PH3. I am not disbelieving you, but is there a basis to your statement? I guess I may have to do tests & comparisons all over again :(
I don't know if I have the time or energy sadly
Yes tests were done by myself and others. Skill gains seemed to be tied to number of uses, not the decay or amount of wood gained. In fact some tests actually indicated that the TT tool actually gave more skill in a set number of uses vs the PH3, but that wasn’t my test. My tests indicated skill gain was roughly the same.

Since my motive was purely skill gain, I never used anything other than the TT tools from that moment on.

I always have Terratech PH-4 (L) in my mobile stock. But there are almost never buyers :-D

Back