OLA#41 - East, New Switzerland - mining info, travel, lore and more

Igorl

Stalker
Society
Victory
Igor Nikola Lucky
index.php
Welcome everyone

This page contains all you need to know about mining area that is New Switzerland OLA#41 - East.

Mining info - what you can expect at the LA

Mining tax: at 2.99% AND - no mobs to bother you
Hunting: 1.99% - just in case some of the Argos follow you there, cheap to shake them off

Resource data is aggregated using 129 globals from entropialife.com from 20. Nov. 2020 until 20. Dec. 2020 (1 month of data), regularly available here:

Info is given as ore / enmat with number of globals recorded in the brackets:

Narcanisum Stone (27), Zinc Stone (24), Melchi Water (18), Acid Root (10), Azzurdite Stone (10), Crude Oil (9), Gold Stone (4), Lysterium Stone (4), Alicenies Liquid (3), Cumbriz Stone (3), Ares Head (3), Valurite Stone (2), Henren Stems (2), Acid Root (2), Lytairian Dust (2), Blausariam Stone (1), Niksarium Stone (1), Caldorite Stone (1), Azur Pearls (1), Ignisium Stone (1), Belkar Stone (1)

I also regularly find Cave sap and alot of Angelic Dust along with occasional Binary fluid, but I guess resource cap wont let those global so often.

I have also done a 100 drop run with a TT finder to record what a new player might expect.
With a TT finder I found: Lysterium Stone, Oil, Typonolic Steam, Alicenies Liquid , Cumbriz Stone , Blausariam Stone , Zinc Stone , Caldorite Stone , Narcanisum Stone , Melchi Water, Belkar Stone, Lytairian Dust, Copper Stone, Garcen Grease

As a conclusion - you can find a large assortment of different ores / enmaters. With ever changing markups this assures that many of them will have decent markup to them. Lyst and Oil are not so common with Zinc and Acid Root being regular "filler" materials you can find. Your excavator and refiner will definitely decay less. Also please note that Lyst had the same number of globals as Gold and Oil is back at the sixth place in global rank.

How to get there

Visit by going to New Switzerland TP and youll immediately be greeted by several of my western neighbours Argonaut youngs that will be mowed down by a nearby turret. To avoid them you can either hop onto a flying vessel for a 1 minute fly over towards east with e.g. a Sliepnir, or charge a TP chip for a jump or two... Or just plow your way thru the Argos if you like. When Argonauts are no more - you have arrived.

Named globals?

If you look at New Switzerland global track youll notice a bunch of Argos there. How comes? So it seems that the three OLA#41 areas (West, East and North) share the same permanent named global that is "New Switzerland". With over 90% of mining globals being on East due to no Argos swarming you and much lower tax. I do not intend to buy a custom named global so any future event will have to work with current system.

History, lore and more

I joined for the first time in 2005, been on and off for almost half of my life here. If you are into history of OLA#41 like I remember it - youll probably be amazed that is still the most expencive single LA that has a verified sell on an auction. It sold in the late 2007 for a sum of 550k PED, as documented here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...eas-on-auction-who-will-buy-them-today.85100/
Back in the days it was an only LA sporting a TP inside it (aside from a TI) and a full service station on premises. Argos were top sport at the time looting iron ore at 120% and ever popular Isis HL6(L) which made them a profit mob of a choice for alot of us.

After VU 10 it split into three parts, being West, East and North. Two of which containing Argonauts, own by an also very old avatar - Akoz. And the East one recently been bought by yours truly from George Skywalker.

I hope you liked the brief summary of the past and present and hope to see ya on the field.

Regards
I.

Last edited:
Reserved...

Time for a bump. Seen few HOFs at around 3k mark... time for tower?

Bump up, still at the same place, easy to find

Mining place to visit

Mining resources rearranged in last VU? Great time for a visit.

Fyi guys, the LA is not under my control anymore since few days ago.

Good luck to new owner in selling it, since thats what he is apparently doing.

I would just like to dissociate myself from argonauts added there.

Have fun
I.

Back