Question: Overprotection is like overkill?

DrGirlfriend

Prowler
Banned
Sheila Dr Girlfriend
Is overprotection from armor (deflecting) worse for returns than blocking all but 1 damage for example?

my theory is that when you deflect you may get more decay than if you blocked all but 1 damage (or all but any amount, the one isn’t important) like how when you do too much damage and overkill it hurts dpp, does overblocking damage work the same?

I know you get armor decay returned, but does deflecting give say less returns like overkill does less dpp and thus less items in loot compared to shrap.

What are your thoughts

Yea that doesn’t answer my question at all. I know armor gives returns I’m asking if overprotection had any effect on the returns

no!
but look for an armor guide on this forum, there is a really really great one that answers all the questions, and even some you didnt know you had!

no!
but look for an armor guide on this forum, there is a really really great one that answers all the questions, and even some you didnt know you had!
Any guide written on this forum is horribly out of date

• Armor no longer has a minimum decay based on total protection, it will now always decay proportionally to the amount of damage absorbed.

Any guide written on this forum is horribly out of date
You just didnt check at all. thats just lazy.

from 2020 and armors and mechanics dont change that often. as a matter of fact, I can remember 1! armor mechanics change

You just didnt check at all. thats just lazy.

from 2020 and armors and mechanics dont change that often. as a matter of fact, I can remember 1! armor mechanics change
Nothing in there answers my question

And excuse me for ignoring guides when there are outdated stickies from 2012 like wtf none of the stickies are even relevant or true anymore

• Armor no longer has a minimum decay based on total protection, it will now always decay proportionally to the amount of damage absorbed.
So deflection is cheaper than taking full damage and letting some through then as deflection isn’t paying for the entire hit (the extra damage isn’t included in decay)

are we sure of this? Is there a way to test it?

Armor takes decay based on how much damage you get hit for not exceeding the armor's protection #, you can save pec by having mobs deal 1-2 damage through your armor and the auto-regeneration just healing it back, but the difference is so minor it doesn't matter much. Just avoid getting hit more than you should (have enough dps to kill the mob without letting it hit you 20 times) and have an evade level at minimum 5 levels higher than the mob level to minimize the amount of damage you take.

Back