Paid Events - Biggest single loot or Most total loot?

What event rules do you prefer?

• Biggest single loot

Votes: 42 65.6%
  • Most total loot

Votes: 22 34.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Medusa

Guardian
Society
Dedicated Freelancer
Medusa Mistress Rox
What do you prefer?

Biggest single loot is more of gambling, but still until the end of the event everyone has the chance to win it.
Most total loot is more fair if players of almost the same lvl and with similar dmg / sec play, but with a mixture where some ppl do 200% dmg / sec more than others its an almost decided event, since they get 2x, 3x more kills in the same ammount of time.

So, what do you prefer?

Personally I think both are difficult to choose from

- Most loot favors high dmg
- Highest loot is more pure gambling

In both case you can go loose a lot just before the event and then come to the event for "compensation" and get some nice globals.

Maybe MA should think about adding other stuff like nr. of kills, weight per maturity etc ...

I've won at least 4 Events with Hofs which would have won under either system, and I'd guess the winner in about 80% of Events would be the same.

But I did make a decision not to enter Events if certain uber players had already registered. So if a mid-level Event is Most Loot, there should also be a Max Health set.

I would like to organise Events, but I won't do it until MA fix the creation system to allow correction of mistakes.

I used to like the single highest loot events when I was running around with my trusty mkII or as98 as I knew I had no chance in a total loot event. Now I can take along a cb26/28 + dante the highest total loot events are more appealing.
There should be a mixture of events that appeal to different level of hunters. I think the rule will depend on the mob too, the weaker the mob the more variety of dps weapons will be used so highest single loot is probably more appropriate. On tougher mobs the contenders will probably all be using similar high dps weapons so highest total loot may be better.
Of course some players may prefer it the other way around & there should be events catering for them too. I guess the trick is to strike the right balance of the number of total to single events.
This is from a players point of view however, if a land owner sees more income from a certain type of event of course they will prob only offer that type.

i like the biggest loot win that the only way i enter a event unless if it on cp and i can see every one around

the most loot poeple can team up and win the event i seen it

whit the biggest loot win so they can do it also whit the most loot win

Certainly if I made a habit of participating in such events, it would be beneficial for me and my skill-less avatar to favor the single loot rule set.

However, ANY serious game that has prizes distributed on a meritocratic basis should have its rules designed to reduce the impact of luck.

Thus I would vote for the most loot total rule set. It's just more fair and less tainted by undeserved wins.

I prefer biggest single loot, that gives everyone a chance imo....

If you're lucky, you win the event, that's "all" that's needed... Just like I did on iron molisk part 2 event... 8.1k molisk hof :D ...

But yeah, highest single for the win imo...

Back