Paying for arcade games?

Click the Arcade button on the top menu. I have no idea how the EF thing works though.

I know how to play those games - Im just curious how much is it cost me ;]

that's pretty simple. nothing :D

that's pretty simple. nothing :D

If it costs nothing, then why are we offered the unlimited pass to play for 10 days (which is a limit by the way...)?

If it costs nothing, then why are we offered the unlimited pass to play for 10 days (which is a limit by the way...)?

Exactly.
And this...

rules said:
Each game costs a certain number of EFDs

AFAIK it cost nothing. Even more, in the main menu of arcade game there is a sign:
arcade said:
Earn EFDs by posting new high scores!
I didnt notice additional EFDs in my account for posting high scores :silly2:
So maybe its go like this:
You spend 1 efd for playing a game, then you post new high score and by that you earn 1 efd. Thats why you didnt see any difference. :laugh:

But seriously - maybe its time to little update in "EFD System Explained" topic? Couse I think it could be confusing for new users of EF (like myself ;))

Well in times of complete boredom, I will play games in the arcade... but I don't get the EFD part of it at all :laugh: Not too terribly important I guess.

a while ago, it used to be that way. cost EFD to play, but i never paid attention to what i got back. i do know that at one point i ran out of EFD....:(

i played arcade games a number of times and it didn't seem to cost any efd. maybe it's a bug but spoken for myself it didn't cost anything whether i posted a new highscore or not.

Have to agree that I've never noticed any cost for playing in the arcade.

Can't comment on the high score payout....as I am yet to find a game I am good enough at to get near to the High Score :laugh:

JC

Well I've just tried to play one of the games only to be told that I don't have enough EFD.

Odd thing is, I had less EFD yesterday (or was it the day before?) but was still able to play. :scratch2:

The EFD system is undergoing maintenance and upgrades:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/about-entropiaforum/89253-efd-store-maintenance.html

I have been working on the arcade plugin to the EFD system.

For now, it costs between 10 and 50 EFDs to play the arcade games (depends on which game).

However, all of those fees are collected in a jackpot for each game, and awarded when someone posts a new high score for that game.

Still working out all the settings and details. More info and details coming soon.

For now, it costs between 10 and 50 EFDs to play the arcade games (depends on which game).

Still working out all the settings and details. More info and details coming soon.

Is it finish? Do we know how much it costs? and where does it stands?
The little info on the arcade frontpage is:

"Welcome to the Arcade!
Welcome to the EntropiaForum Arcade. Earn EFDs by posting new high scores!"

Nothing on any costs...

Now its changed - its cost u to play arcade. But you still dont receive any EFD when u make some highscore :D

I suggest something like this:
You have to pay EFDs to play game, but when you make a highscore, this efds should be put back on your account (or at least some part of it). If u will make really high-highscore (like, lets say - 3-100 place), EFDs should be put back in your acc+a bonus (50% of EFDs u have spend?:scratch2:) and for 1st-3rd places something really nice (like 2(3,4,5?)00% of EFDs u have to spend for the game). Otherwise, playing that games will be waste of money - couse u can play them in any flash-game site for free (well, maybe not every of them - some are unique :D )

Just my 2...efds? ;]

Now its changed - its cost u to play arcade. But you still dont receive any EFD when u make some highscore :D

I suggest something like this:
You have to pay EFDs to play game, but when you make a highscore, this efds should be put back on your account (or at least some part of it). If u will make really high-highscore (like, lets say - 3-100 place), EFDs should be put back in your acc+a bonus (50% of EFDs u have spend?:scratch2:) and for 1st-3rd places something really nice (like 2(3,4,5?)00% of EFDs u have to spend for the game). Otherwise, playing that games will be waste of money - couse u can play them in any flash-game site for free (well, maybe not every of them - some are unique :D )

Just my 2...efds? ;]

ok, so, let me understand this.

The owner of this board gives you EFD. He also has been gracious to allow you to play games for a couple of the EFD he already has given to you. You feel that he should give some back to you also if you get a high score? Though that would indeed be nice, I think it would be a bit greedy in light of what he already has given. Tell ya what, here's 100 efd.. go have some fun on me instead of him for a change.

No, I dont. But if there is rule, that I have to pay for this (and this money is taken from me), and there is rule that I will receive some money If will get highscore (and that money is not given to me), then, there is something wrong. Dont u think?

No, I dont. But if there is rule, that I have to pay for this (and this money is taken from me), and there is rule that I will receive some money If will get highscore (and that money is not given to me), then, there is something wrong. Dont u think?

I haven't seen any "rules" pertaining the games on EF. I've seen some suggestions from 711 on how he would like it to work but not sure he got it to that place yet.

But let's get things straight here.. this is all play money that 711 has given you.. It's not really yours legally. You can't convert it to hard cash (without a third party to buy it from you). The board could shut down tomorrow and you would be out.. NOTHING!

Quit whining about something that doesn't really exist or belong to you.

Its not about "what-I-want" lol. U made that discussion, so listen. My only problem is: When u want to play arcade, u dont have a sign, that is cost 50 efd. But u have a sign"Welcome to the EntropiaForum Arcade. Earn EFDs by posting new high scores!". But the truth is, that u will lost a efds when u will play some arcade game, but u will not receive any efd, when u put any highscore. So....MA way? ;0

Last edited:
Well this thread kinda caught my attention for some unknown reason...so just out of curiosity I suppose, I´d just had to see what the fuss was all about, so I checked out the arcade section, and by doing so...It seems I instantly lost 29 efd lol...I swear I just checked out the Tetris Highscorelist and that´s it(!) (were yours truly can be found currently taking up spot #2 after...well pay me 29 efd and I might tell ya! hehe ;) ) ...didn´t play any game...eitherway...couldn´t rly care less...in a way I agree with my old soc mate Sion here I suppose...easy come easy go ;)

Kind regards!

/jim

I agree with Skannerin.

Strange shit........

if you change viewing mode from miniature tostanderd in the arcade you will see the cost and prizes of each game -.-

Its not about "what-I-want" lol. U made that discussion, so listen. My only problem is: When u want to play arcade, u dont have a sign, that is cost 50 efd. But u have a sign"Welcome to the EntropiaForum Arcade. Earn EFDs by posting new high scores!". But the truth is, that u will lost a efds when u will play some arcade game, but u will not receive any efd, when u put any highscore. So....MA way? ;0

yes you do, if you change to standard mode, to show all available info in the arcade.. get your facts straight before complaining about this place

ARCADE ROCKS!!

and you DO recieve EFD when posting a highscore, it has to be nr #1 on the highscore table though, you need to become the new champion of the game to get efd

Miniature is a default view? Imho There should be some info about costs of this in default view.

(And if you wrote a posts one under the other instead of do some edit in the first one, I dont wonder why you dont worry about your EFDs :D )

Miniature is a default view? Imho There should be some info about costs of this in default view.

as you already mentioned it is stated in the rules that each game costs EFD no reason to tell the users again..

Back