PC Mags in your Country?

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
Hi, as you may or may not know I'm behind the WoF World of FirePower event for '08 and beyond. After last year I wanted to make it bigger and better, while retaining the freedom that made it succeed.

I've prepared a few press releases, meant for the PC Magazines of participating Nations; what I don't have is their addresses, or even info on which ones are actually bought and read by people.

<edit> Still need more addresses; Uk, Europe, The Americas... anywhere!:) All the magazines that mention Online gaming at all?

Thanks for all the help so far:)

The press release highlights the fact that even a one-week noob can help their country out; so in essence it is a "recruiting thread" too. More players = better game as far as I can see. And as several seasoned veterans called WoF '07 "the best time they had in EU" what better way to get new players interested.

So, if any of you know the top 2 or 3 Computer publications of a relevant (nature) in your home country, and can maybe even supply translation skills for the sending of the press release, I'd be really grateful if you could post them here:)

Hurrikane

Last edited:
oo interesting! :)
have you decided which uk mags you are going to write to? i will keep an eye out for them :)

Great intiative Hurrikane! +rep ;)

Good luck and all the best.

Jamhot

Very cool iniative Hurricane :) Kudos to you.

Not too many norwegian PC magazines unfortunally :scratch2: Most of the PC mags in the shelfs are imports from overseas.

Anyway,
I can give you the adress of some of the big newspapers in Norway,
some (more then others) have quite alot of gaming news in it (to subtitute for the fact there is no proper norwegian gaming mags) and I know MindArk and EU has starred in some of them before.

Ill PM you with the details.
If you need any help with it dont hesitate to give me a shout :)

One of the major newspapers in sweden is "PC för alla" (PC for everyone). They do a lot of game testing and ingame reportages. They accept info about news on http://pcforalla.idg.se/2.1054/1.83076. It is in swedish but i think it is easy to understand anyway, they just ask for name, adress, phone and the info.

They also offer to publish an article you have written on your own at http://pcforalla.idg.se/2.1054/1.94848. However i guess that article has to be in swedish so if that is a problem someone here would have to translate it.

I'll send you some links to certain mags in Spain. Perhaps some media cover is needed here. If you need some transaltion help i can do it too (from english to spanish, that's it) .

I guess you may be covered for the UK? I'll send u a pm with a few contact emails etc for some that may find it relevant... also.. how about coverage for a TV show? :p

Suchs as "gamers guide to" or Gamer TV both in the UK but on sky/cable TV channels.. I know PE has been on one of them before (think it was Gamer TV)

ut I'll send you a pm

Rip

I'll send you some links to certain mags in Spain. Perhaps some media cover is needed here. If you need some transaltion help i can do it too (from english to spanish, that's it) .

Spanish mags would be good, we could do with a Spanish contender... while we're at it, we need USA, Eastern Europe and all other areas' publications....

Thanks for all the help so far:)

Hurrikane

I'll go check the names again and post later for some good ones.

I actually clicked on this Post because I thought it was referring to Mags the avatar. She travels a lot so I thought it was a joke about her being on the move again. :)

Promotion is nice, but it's not really true 1 day noobs can participate (with any meaning). Maybe if people start now they, there is some potential, but saying WOF is for everybody is not true. I had to borrow some 6a to join in on the warriors (as support even). That's while i had some basic gear already.

Promotion is nice, but it's not really true 1 day noobs can participate (with any meaning). Maybe if people start now they, there is some potential, but saying WOF is for everybody is not true. I had to borrow some 6a to join in on the warriors (as support even). That's while i had some basic gear already.

LOL believe me, a wall of noobs is a very handy thing when hunting certain taller prey:) I maintain that anyone can take part.

Bumpy Bumpy.

Still need addresses... have edited original post:)

Hurrikane

I tend to agree with chielsen on this.

If a bunch of completely new players signed up for us it would probably be a bit of a headache to deploy them effectively.

It takes time to get to grips with EU, especially so to develop any event expertise (I would have thought?).

Worst case scenario is that they could be more of a hindrance than a help.

It's not that I'm absolutely against new players joining the WoF, but 'en masse' it could prove distracting.

But...as always I hope Hurrikane proves me wrong once again ;)

Hurricane,
The main Australian ones are:
APC Magazine
pcuser.com.au - home of tech help on the net

The Aussie gamining mags have all died or are dying soon. There are lots of smaller ones but I don't know which ones are creditable.

A good show we have is on our ABC (gov funded tv station). its a gaming show by gamers for gamers. A very good chance of being at least looked at here.
Good Game - ABC2

Even australia's 60minutes did a spot about online gaming. Neverdie took the 60 minutes reporter around the game. They also covered other games but EU got some great airtime.

Back