FYI: Petition: Improve Auction to reduce mistakes in sales

People, any "timers", "cooldowns" and other similar crap is killing of game play.

Do you think, timer will help person who just listed something for wrong price? No. If person doesn't double-tripple check moment UPON PRESSING FINAL BUTTON - no timers will help, nothing.

timers and cooldowns actually might make game play better - the reason is that auctions will be on a queue system, which means, assuming MA programs it right (big assumption I know), the timer would put less stress on the server, giving that extra bit of server time to the big 3 professions, in theory making them less laggy?

ahh thats a negative. I vote for less control from mindark. We should be free to make our own mistakes. I don't understand why there is such a desire for hand holding in life.

Next thing we need is ped stamps where if you have less then 100 ped on your card you can turn them in weekly for some ammo.

Be carefull, and take responsibility for your mistakes.

I support this mentality.

However even Gmail has an add on feature that you can opt into if you choose. This feature saves your emails in a cache for 10 minutes prior to actually sending them, allowing you to take back any email you have issue with, as long as you catch the issue within a certain window.

This feature is optional.

If it were included as an opt-in under our in game settings, I would be OK with that.

Since in last weeks threads like these are becoming popular:

I'm gonna cry, I was distracted and sold 10 CL Deeds for 500 ped

Accidental sale of 15 CLD's for 1700 ped

It's time to introduce one or more features to reduce this to happen, like:

- Time delay (like 2 minutes) when you place item in auction. The item will show up after few minutes to allow seller to remove it in time when made mistakes. It might be only when item is placed in the average

- A message to advertise sellers that items have been placed in auction with a BO way lower than usual MU.

- A message to advertise sellers that there is an order for the item you are selling highest than sale price you set.

- Allow the "lock" of items you don't want to be accidentaly auctioned.

I agree. A timelock is only on items WE are selling - it's fair to see a 2 minute timer (or even 5 minutes) on it. We are in no real rush to list items immediately when we have a 7 day listing most times! /Agree.

An item LOCK has been suggested a million times. /Agree.

The messages can only be beneficial. No harm. /Agree.

/Signed: Vehshi Rogue Shard-Angel

PS. While we're at it, can we have a 24 hour timer BUYBACK from TT as well?

Example:
TT'ing a 30,000USD item.

I'm up for the "Item Lock" option.

MA has taken the liberty of locking certain items in my inventory, But I should be able to pick which items I wish to lock as well.

• Time delay on auctioning 2-5 mins
  • Lockable items

These two get my vote, yes it takes up coding time but in a real cash economy, we have had too many examples of human error over the years - and we have all done things by accident after all.

Mindark even traded 464 CLD to one person in error recently for example as a classic example.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ale-Update-2&p=3023111&viewfull=1#post3023111

So why not?

Mega Megavolt Volt.

I'm kinda split on this one.

On one hand... requiring the real life skill of PAYING ATTENTION is good in a RCE game.

On the other hand.... with so many items that all look the same, it's getting real difficult for the "average user" to keep on top of what's what in this game.

I don't think full Item Locking abilities is quite the answer. But maybe "100 PED to lock this item or stack indefinately until the user logs in to thier account on the EU website and unlocks it there" with a max of say 10 locks would be ok.

Allowing users to put a "Yellow Glow" to "Mark as Important" around items/stacks may be the better option.

Menace

Simply create a 'recommended sale price' for all auctions based on previous sales of like items. the sale price automatically starts at this 'recommended level' and we have to manually change it to what we want for every sale.

Other games do this and it works perfectly.

I hate the time delay ideas, 2-5mins is a long time for me to sit around waiting.
I hate the constant warnings for everything in this game, please make the 'check this box to never show again' actually work.

Item lock is a great idea and suggested forever.

Simply create a 'recommended sale price' for all auctions based on previous sales of like items. the sale price automatically starts at this 'recommended level' and we have to manually change it to what we want for every sale.

Other games do this and it works perfectly.

I hate the time delay ideas, 2-5mins is a long time for me to sit around waiting.
I hate the constant warnings for everything in this game, please make the 'check this box to never show again' actually work.

Item lock is a great idea and suggested forever.

LOL wanna earn peds on noobs? Sell 10*a104 amp for tt+300, this will bring the recommended price up, and you can make up the lost au fees with 1customer.

If the system works - dont try to fix it. (yeah some ppl make mistakes, why are we others getting punished?)

I'm kinda split on this one.

On one hand... requiring the real life skill of PAYING ATTENTION is good in a RCE game.

On the other hand.... with so many items that all look the same, it's getting real difficult for the "average user" to keep on top of what's what in this game.

I don't think full Item Locking abilities is quite the answer. But maybe "100 PED to lock this item or stack indefinately until the user logs in to thier account on the EU website and unlocks it there" with a max of say 10 locks would be ok.

Allowing users to put a "Yellow Glow" to "Mark as Important" around items/stacks may be the better option.

Menace

First sensible idea in this thread. + rep. I just dont want some shitty systems introduced because ppl dont pay attention.

A lock item/s so unsellable
Or a different colour on "special" items sounds good to me

^^^
Amanda Mandi Williams

------

Not keen on Timer or more click yes "I want to sell this because im an idiot screen"

Interesting suggestions here... :D

I see lot of appreciations but I will add only written names into the list, if you want to sign and still didn't, please don't forget to write your full ingame name.

Signed - Shadowsniper Viper Viperstrike.

Lock items and proxy of 5 mins :)

LOL wanna earn peds on noobs? Sell 10*a104 amp for tt+300, this will bring the recommended price up, and you can make up the lost au fees with 1customer.

If the system works - dont try to fix it. (yeah some ppl make mistakes, why are we others getting punished?)

No one says you have to follow the recommendation, it is only there as a guide so you don't sell 10x CLD for 1250ped instead of 1 on accident.

If the system worked, there wouldn't be a new thread complaining about it every other week.

How is a recommended sale price a punishment to anyone?

There's already confirmation window before the final "Yes". Those people, who are too lazy to read, deserve that punishment. Take responsibility and grown up. We all make mistake but get over it.

• Time delay on auctioning 2-5 mins
  • Lockable items

Also agree on this solution, would only benefit us all. And when placing buying bids an extra confirmation question when bids are much higher than the normal MU.

Larry Larethania Larrelito.

Also an feature that would be so very useful to have is an small contract to signs when making p2p trades. When you do an trade an simple small window pops up with 3 checkboxes that would be for Loan,Selling/something else, and and qustionmark to click where you can read the diferent rules for the choices. I cant imagine that it would take more than like 10 minutes to program up something that simple, and it would sort out soooo many scam cases where someone was just gonna "loan" it for a while.

It's time to introduce one or more features to reduce this to happen, like:

- Time delay (like 2 minutes) when you place item in auction. The item will show up after few minutes to allow seller to remove it in time when made mistakes. It might be only when item is placed in the average

I support that idea. One minute timer before auction goes live would help to revert some terrible misclicks and would not change anything from seller/buyer perspective. That is exactly how it is in few other games.

- A message to advertise sellers that items have been placed in auction with a BO way lower than usual MU.

No to that.
System should not 'work' for benefit of those lazy, not understanding economy or playing drunk. At the same time those who do care and do their homework before selling, should be rewarded for their work and time.
Any mistakes could be reverted if auction was delayed (as above).

- A message to advertise sellers that there is an order for the item you are selling highest than sale price you set.

No to that as well, same reason as above.

- Allow the "lock" of items you don't want to be accidentaly auctioned.

I support that. Not only locking from auctioning but tt and private trade as well as dropping item.

Id be for the 5 min item lock on deeds because my first reaction was to try to retrieve it when I made the error. :yup:

I wrote this idea in another thread (non responded so maybe not a interesting idea? ;)):

If MA once and for all could update auctionsystem so PECs could be used for SB and BO,
they could do so when we put up a item in auction for sale, with default it is set to weekly
Market Value (or closest possible value above MV), with the option to start at 0.

Option could also be for all types of MV... if there is no MV that meets the option, you
have to confirm that.
With the option where it starts at 0 it works as it does today.

I think one should assume all risks on person to person trade.

Auction is a different system controlled by MA and some minimum protection should be useful :
- trades below TT value should not be possible thru auction
- a timer of few minutes before operation becomes effective
- buyer bid delay against any existing offer
- possibility for a buyer to withdraw bid after his delay

Sign me on :) Sbinortz Sbi Latz'tek

It's difficult one to legislate against.

How about this for a solution. When we do get voting rights, perhaps we could set each individual case to a vote. For example the seller listing CLD's on auction at moment at 12k peds each seems to most of us to be trying to take advantage of someone.

Whilst it's difficult to have a generic rule maybe individual cases could be judged in this kind of way?

Definitly not happy with the current system... You got my full support

NoBion Nob Andersen

You can never fully idiot-proof anything, unfortunately. Just when you think you have, a bigger idiot comes along.

Back