Pic and vid posting rules?

K-Max

Stalker
Society
Don't Feed the Animals
Killarious K-Max Maximillion
What are or where are the rules and requirements that need to be met to post pics and vids on these threads?

I have been patient for almost 2 years and have Alpha ranking etc. and I still can't seem to post a pic inline on any posting.

Is it a setting I am missing? Is it some stupid right of passage I need to go through with forum level ranking? WHAT!!!!!

This is very annoying this is the only forum of all the others it seems impossible to post pictures in for me.

I have had to add pictures to the gallery, I just put them in off topic

then it shows my pics under my profile page with a link you can cut and paste into the thread

dont ask me where to actually find the gallery I have to go hunt for it every time lol

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/content.php?114-planet-calypso-forum-rules

Do you mean, how can you post small clickable pics, like:

If so, while making a post, click the "Link Images" on the right side, under the emoticons, choose the album/galler on the "From" dropdown, and click an image you want to link.

Oh, and you're forbidden to link images from other locations than planetcalypsoforum.com.

When posting there is a small icon "insert image" above the textbox where you write.

There you can paste any URL.

Like this

Mod: removed

Sok

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just saying it's a bit stupid rule, takes so much longer to save an image, upload it to gallery, then link it.
But hey, rules are rules :dunno:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok wierd place to put the Link Images option :( but now it works thanks for the help.

Other forums put a manage images section down in the additional options. I never ever noticed that link over below the emotion icons before.

I'm just saying it's a bit stupid rule, takes so much longer to save an image, upload it to gallery, then link it.

It may not be as common as it used-to-was but some places that hosted an image and had traffic to their site but only for the image data would at times switch out the original for a goatse, tubgirl etc.

It may be a slightly tiresome rule, but it's not a stupid rule. As Cron points out, an image that is uploaded here first, will always remain the same image. An image linked from elsewhere, could be later changed to an inappropriate image, or even a virus-ridden one.

It may be a slightly tiresome rule, but it's not a stupid rule. As Cron points out, an image that is uploaded here first, will always remain the same image. An image linked from elsewhere, could be later changed to an inappropriate image, or even a virus-ridden one.
I know, i know, or, as the rules say, it may be taken down and for the sake of "non-broken" links you should upload it here.
Still, i've been browsing about 50 forums, where people link images from other sites, only a handfull of links that have been broken.
It's not really a big deal if you're posting some funny image for just that situation, it'll be forgotten and it won't be meaningfull later on even if it gets taken down.
Someone atleast go and make an addons to auto-upload images to this server to make it easier and faster.

As Cron points out, an image that is uploaded here first, will always remain the same image.
So.... Why is there Edit Image -> Replace Image in the gallery then...?

Here's me globalling:

Ewwwwww, the whole gallery went haywire on me now.

[...] An image linked from elsewhere, could be later changed to an inappropriate image, or even a virus-ridden one.

I never looked at it from this perspective, thank you for the explanation! (and sorry then for those i posted)

Sok

So.... Why is there Edit Image -> Replace Image in the gallery then...?

I didn't actually know there was. But still, with your good additional point about broken links we now have:

(i) No broken links (Replace Image doesn't affect that, although for some reason it looks like you can delete images too, unless that's a mod thing)
(ii) No switching image to inappropriate image (could be done with Replace Image, but it would have to be done by the person who uploaded it, an external image could be altered by anybody)
(iii) Security issues (similar to (ii), but also presumably allows the forum software to run a scan during upload)

I personally have always thought it was a good rule, actually I'm not sure why the forum software doesn't just block any external image. Should be possible I'd have thought.

Last edited:
Back