Pick me a laptop

Luu

Prowler
Society
Freelancer
Mighty Luu Buu
Im not sure what a decent laptop is and would like to see if any1 could help me pick one out for about £700. I will use it for Eu, Half Life 2 ,internet, school work ect just general use nothing super.

i was thinking this one...
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=450652

Just wandering what some1 experienced thought.

Luu said:
Im not sure what a decent laptop is and would like to see if any1 could help me pick one out for about £700. I will use it for Eu, Half Life 2 ,internet, school work ect just general use nothing super.

i was thinking this one...
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=450652

Just wandering what some1 experienced thought.

looks like a goodin, you play Half life 2 :p gota let me play that some time as my PC doesnt work with it for some reason wich sucks as ive always wanted to play that game anywho ill see what other Laptops are about for ya ;)

i guess it looks ok, only thing i can question is the hd speed and maybe a bit better gfx card.. but i'm not very good at ati though :p

i got myself a dell inspirion 6400 for 1.3k € inkl. shipping

it gots 2gb ddr2
intel core duo t2500 (2x2ghz)
100gb hdd
ati x1400 256mb ddr
15,4 " screen
and the bigger battery
windows xp pro media edition

and its great for games and pe doenst lag anymore (2gbddr ;) )
i play cs:s, fear combat, pe, cabal, wc3

the only problem is that u cant play pe on a widescreen like they are on nearly all laptops :)

ps: if u get urself a laptop dont get a 17" its too big to carry around even 15.4" is already big and ~2.5-4kg

Last edited:
luthien said:
i got myself a dell inspirion 6400 for 1.3k € inkl. shipping

it gots 2gb ddr2
intel core duo t2500 (2x2ghz)
100gb hdd
ati x1400 256mb ddr
15,4 " screen
and the bigger battery
windows xp pro media edition

and its great for games and pe doenst lag anymore (2gbddr ;) )
i play cs:s, fear combat, pe, cabal, wc3

the only problem is that u cant play pe on a widescreen like they are on nearly all laptops :)

ps: if u get urself a laptop dont get a 17" its too big to carry around even 15.4" is already big and ~2.5-4kg

its not really the casing thats heavy...(or shouldnt be) its more the inside components, such as harddrive, battery, which make it heavy.

(btw, i heard about 19" laptops...)

but they are not as mobile as a smaller laptop.... i dont see a reason to buy a laptop if i dont want to be mobile

luthien said:
but they are not as mobile as a smaller laptop.... i dont see a reason to buy a laptop if i dont want to be mobile

a 17" is still mobile. it may not be great for going on a hike, but going from airport to hotel room it is fine, and it is especially useful when watching movies in bed! :D

i would go with a better graphics card if you upgrade anything.

seriously check out alienware! there is a laptop around £700 that has great options. i am shopping myself, so anyone with alienware experince plz chime in. :)

well if u mean the one i saw then its better to get a dell...

better cpu and more ddr ram

same graphics

Back