Planet Calypso Content Release 2010|01

Let's blame MA/FPC for the bad loot, for bugs and missing content, but let's not blame them for the slow download speed - this is very likely your ISP causing this (or your low bandwidth) - i have never had a single update loading slower than ~350 kB/s, which is around the max downstream my connection can handle (i am sure i could download way faster with more downstream, as MAs servers are sending very stable).

Instead, ring up your ISP and give them some heat.

Oh, and once again: If the patcher appears to be frozen let it finish it's task ffs! Whatever you do, DONT abort it!

actually it was (partially) a problem from MA's side, one of the servers went down. so only 50% bandwidth left.

Let's blame MA/FPC for the bad loot, for bugs and missing content, but let's not blame them for the slow download speed

no, lets. they even said they were haveing problems. if they dont provide enough bandwidth, then connections will be slow.

actually it was (partially) a problem from MA's side, one of the servers went down. so only 50% bandwidth left.

no, lets. they even said they were haveing problems. if they dont provide enough bandwidth, then connections will be slow.

They said this might cause trouble, yes - but it didn't, as i posted this i had full download speed, very stable at ~375 kB/s

I never had any problems in the past (not with speed), others had way higher download speed, so why do you think that MA "doesn't provide enough bandwidth"?

I am pretty sure those who had slow downloads don't have a much better speed to ANY server - maybe go to www.speed.io or somewhere like that to verify it is not your line...

And:
Last VU was hosted on dlmirror.entropiauniverse.com - that is min ~6 servers belonging to ilait.com/ilait.se, an external host, so MAs "download servers" (download.entropiauniverse.com) didnt even play a role here.

They said this might cause trouble, yes - but it didn't, as i posted this i had full download speed, very stable at ~375 kB/s

I never had any problems in the past (not with speed), others had way higher download speed, so why do you think that MA "doesn't provide enough bandwidth"?

I am pretty sure those who had slow downloads don't have a much better speed to ANY server - maybe go to www.speed.io or somewhere like that to verify it is not your line...

And:
Last VU was hosted on dlmirror.entropiauniverse.com - that is min ~6 servers belonging to ilait.com/ilait.se, an external host, so MAs "download servers" (download.entropiauniverse.com) didnt even play a role here.

for me it caused trouble..
I can download at 2MB/s , but that day 250KB/s maximum :)
I was also in the first wave, when the update was just released

My guess is that they tried to first host it on their own server, but after some 30 minutes that server died and *then* they decided to use the external download server.

I did try to download the patch from the dlmirror server when MAs server was brokwn but then I got a 404 error, however an hour later the file was there...

I think (this is just a guess) that the clientloader *always* tries "download.entropiauniverse.com", to look either for an update file, or for a redirection (to dlmirror). If neither the file is there nor the redirection things simply won't work.

Back