Planet calypso content release 2012.6.1

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
PLANET CALYPSO CONTENT RELEASE 2012.6.1
2012-12-11
***PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT IF YOU FIND SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY IN PLANET CALYPSO! IT MIGHT PROVIDE THE INFO YOU NEED BEFORE CONTACTING THE SUPPORT DEPARTMENT!***

Changes

• Increased the grace period between land grabs to 30-45 days, the change will take effect as soon as a land area has been claimed after the update has gone live.
Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue that caused the lower portion of the “truck outpost” to become displaced on lower graphics settings.
  • Fixed a problem with Primordial Longu Leather Texture that prevented the item from showing its textures.
MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to insure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches.

Originally Posted Here

wow thats fast!

kinda expected a lil bit more for 2 hours....?

There was a slight mistake in the first post, the current owners can claim the areas and get the new grace period as well.

Anything more to add??? :scratch2:

Atleast fast patchnotes :p

Hmm... nice to see the release notes posted so fast, but this is all... ?

And:

"Fixed an issue that caused the lower portion of the “truck outpost” to become displaced on lower graphics settings"

This was "fixed" at least one time before, I know because I'm on lower settings. It was messed up after one of the updates again. Sisyphus work... I cannot possibly understand how the old broken code can make its way back into new releases.

awesome update! ;)

awesome update! ;)
These are just the Calypso notes.

Wait until you see the EU notes, I'm sure you will be even more amazed.;)

Hmm... nice to see the release notes posted so fast, but this is all... ?

And:

"Fixed an issue that caused the lower portion of the “truck outpost” to become displaced on lower graphics settings"

This was "fixed" at least one time before, I know because I'm on lower settings. It was messed up after one of the updates again. Sisyphus work... I cannot possibly understand how the old broken code can make its way back into new releases.

Several programmers working on different small projects on the same basecode but with different timelines, so when they finish their work in include it in the life version there is the risk of overwriting changes that had been applied to the lifeversion in the meantime.
Look at space - over the last 14 months there have been 'downgrades' in various areas which havent been fixed at all due to the whole space topic getting shifted to 2013.
Examples are broken onboard animations - which were ingame back in october last year when they did the last major space upgrade by rescaling the universe and introducing warp - like explosions, glass splinters, fire, dropping parts, etc.
Warp animation on the windows inside of spacecrafts, got lost somewhat later - i think around the time when new spacemobs for quadhunters got added.
Crits in all of space lost their doubledamage ability and now do even less damage then normal hits since may 2012 when cyrene got introduced.
There is lots of these issues, all reported again and again since over a year - some of which would be easy fixes - but considering that they have many projects running on same basecode - this may internally be way more complex to get sorted then we might think.

Several programmers working on different small projects on the same basecode but with different timelines, so when they finish their work in include it in the life version there is the risk of overwriting changes that had been applied to the lifeversion in the meantime.

I understand that. My "I cannot possibly understand" is just my way of talking - after each update the basecode should be changed for everyone, programming 101. MA/Calypso team not being Microsoft or Oracle or any other huge software company dealing with tens of millions of code lines, it seems to me these kind of things can be easily avoided by :

a) the QA manager and his team IF they have one;

b) by the guys themselves who probably share the same office IF not all working from home;

c) by testing the damn thing before release. IF they have a test server, and IF the test server mirrors the live one in every aspect.

Lots of IFs.. anyhooow... stuck at downloading the 5.04 client update exactly as last time.

I got into CL like 20min ago, saw even the new splash screen and currently am watching how the install file gets loaded into the server or smth :) (was 20Mb when I got in and now its almost 64Mb)

There was a slight mistake in the first post, the current owners can claim the areas and get the new grace period as well.

Kim has something been done for the within soc tax problem ? (aka new member not getting % of share if the soc already claimed the piece of land when he joins and not add him to the shared %tage when the LA is succesfully defended or re-won)

Kim has something been done for the within soc tax problem ? (aka new member not getting % of share if the soc already claimed the piece of land when he joins and not add him to the shared %tage when the LA is succesfully defended or re-won)

The bug is still there but we are working on fixing it. We are also trying to purge the societies from suspended members manually in the database.

Last edited:
The extended time for holding LA is really great and so is the no arrival safe bubble with teleports and no vehicles at claim. If the % shares is adjustable by leader or only people at the specific LG get % that would help the issues with that.

mm2012.jpg

Cool picture Mindark,
May be you could display it from the login page,
that's 2 years we have the same spaceship all the time...

Keep shooting the mutated reindeer, when you have a giant snowman and Christmas trees converging on you. And no, none of you can have what I am having. :rolleyes:

Back