Planet calypso content release 2013.3.1

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
2013-11-12
***PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT IF YOU FIND SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY IN PLANET CALYPSO! IT MIGHT PROVIDE THE INFO YOU NEED BEFORE CONTACTING THE SUPPORT DEPARTMENT!***

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed an issue preventing players from accepting the Halloween Mayhem mission.
  • Fixed several object position issues on the areas adjacent to Cape Corinth.
  • Fixed broken teleporters in the Fort Ithaca area.
  • Fixed an issue causing teleporters not being discovered correctly on Cape Corinth.

Changes
  • Adjusted some creature spawn rates on Cape Corinth.
  • The Combat Token Traders now have a Support Weapons category.
  • Name changes:
    From: “Laser Power Amplifier 1” To: “CDF Laser Power Amp 3”
    From: “Laser Power Amplifier 2” To: “CDF Laser Power Amp 4”
  • Lower level weapon amps have been added to the Combat Token Trader.

Known Issues
  • It is not possible to start Lysterium Mining Challenge Stage II
  • It is not possible to start Iron Mining Challenge Stage II

We strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free patch. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches.

Originally Posted Here

where is the trapping fix ??!?!?!?!

dex its listed in the platform vu fix notes

Why make it easy if you can do it in a difficult way ... seems the MA way :)
Can't they just communicate 1 list, where all PP's extend their personal release notes with the MA ones.

Atami

Why make it easy if you can do it in a difficult way ... seems the MA way :)
Can't they just communicate 1 list, where all PP's extend their personal release notes with the MA ones.

Atami

I agree 100%.

Just like if u look in the vu notes it says "reactivated anti-trapping logic." so what fucking moron turned it off in the first place?

Fixed an issue that made it possible for players to launch EU :mad:

I agree 100%.

Just like if u look in the vu notes it says "reactivated anti-trapping logic." so what fucking moron turned it off in the first place?

The same person that switched the launch button from active to inactive.

still no melee weapons??

I agree 100%.

let me guess here, i think you will find those "morons" disabled anti-trapping because other morons that work for the same company thought it a good idea to design small rooms with lots of features that would cause all the mobs tp go "unreachable", get stuck and prevent people killing them and then swarm players and kill them, and in the case of the cyclops depth send you right back to the entrance past the lvl300 mob. :p

Known Issues

• It is not possible to start Lysterium Mining Challenge Stage II
  • It is not possible to start Iron Mining Challenge Stage II

And what about Narc and Cald mining challenge Stage I ?
Anyone succeded to start it ?

Code quality

On topic
I will restrain 2 enter instance and watch some streams, as nothing about increase of stability ... was crashing out of Halloween instances 2 often .. .

GL all with update

On a side note:
Sad 2 see that code quality in game, is kinda most done in "Outsourced 2 country" for coding (not naming country),... as they are paid for Code lines... ( code blocks CTRL+C -> CTRL +V...), as a result making such code almost impossible 2 maintain (implement changes) + Performance issues, in ingame slang = LAGS/crashes /bugs

Looks like game is done in Plain text code , w/o sufficient normalization,.... = Plan text, simple proof mission NPC, and mission statuses are copied as code Block,.... New CC missions NPC got messed up their statuses when doing mission (@ Cape Corinth area) ,... creating Lame 1st impression for New newcomers ...

Still There are some Plusses = Communication has become available ...

Wish List
Make simple Bug fixing process ... , like
1. Small Release each Tuesday (there 2 looo00000000000ng list ... not 2 have anything 2 release) (Content release on their own path)
2. Bugs what are worked on and their severity and statuses (like planned , analysis , WIP, release ID, postponed 2/hold (You might have reason, like bound platform is being planned /redesigned))(listed plc with some release identification) - update like in a week or 2 ... (2 be in line with releases)
3. Redesign some Game system like Mission NPCs - for normalized + then -> create mission templates = no bugs in next releases or simply to fix (upto typing correction for texts can be done w/o release )
+ when implement new systems make them optimized

4. And fix the bugs, plc ....

Resnis

Another thought : Mob path algorithm update

The problem is that mob cannot find path 2 reach player ..... (core problem = inadequate path calculation algorithm/ + creating obstacles mob cannot pass)

Nothing in release notes about fixing core problem...

Resnis

Back