Planet calypso content release 2014.2

Also, Kim, as a side note, could you give us one or two LT spawns that are not shared loot, maybe? For those of us trying to get mission points, we really hate shared. Also, I hate doing 90% of the damage to a mob and getting 8 ped of a 128 ped global because some nib stole my item. Please and thank you.

Funny cause the opposite happens to me... I do a lot of damage and some uber takes my item :p

Honestly, i start to suspect there might be something wrong with loot distribution in these shared loot waves ... so many times I got that 90/10 dmg/loot case that I start to believe is either f**in random or system is not paying all it should ... if is random than it must be noob heaven :laugh: ... or free-loaders one, once they get the hang of it :laugh: ... but seriously, how can some1 doin less than 10% of the damage get 80%+ of the loot several times in a row :scratch2: ... I understand items and happening a couple of times, but not 99% of the time :(

Other than that this LT waves are nice fun while they'll last ... hope to see some ancient LT spawns in migration, otherwise would take forever to comple stage V and Bronze :laugh:

The bug in the Gateway's Crystalline Cave still not fixed. The NPC doesn't talk until relog, so most people just leave the cave and end up without the weapon and means to continue the mission chain. Without the gun and the car, guess how many of them make it to Calypso? Some ask for help on #rookie but most just wander there aimlessly and finally log out.

Kim, this might not be your area of responsibility but you really need to kick someone near you, because (knowing how many I and others do save) I can only imagine how many newcomers you lose daily because of this.
^ Quoted for the truth.

The starting NPC on Arkadia was mute also, and it also required a re-log to make him give out the mission.
However: after reporting this, it has been fixed.
So I'm surprised that the NPC in the Calypso Gateway Crystalline Cave is still bugged.
Just because newbies eventually give up and leave the game, without writing to support/on a forum; it doesn't mean this issue is not real.

Many wish for better advertising, to attract more players. Though some posts feel questionable to me, in that regard.
When new players do show up, and are faced with a bug, it's suggested they have decrepit equipment, or could be cheating ped farmers? Really?

I tip my hat to the many kind souls, who have taken the time to help these lost newbies, and have flown them back to the cave.
There hasn't a day gone by without this happening.
But unfortunately for others the advertising dollars may have been spend in vain; because they left after being unable to play through even the Gateway.

Though ironically, this might result in a higher number of new accounts.
When there is nobody available to fly them back, many opt to just make a new account.
Which may add abandoned and ghost accounts to the numbers?

But if the aim for this game is to grow with actual playing participants: this issue deserves more attention.
Or rather: a fix.

I've just helped a couple of rookies on Gateway - brothers. Let's call them A and B.

A got the gun inside the cave, and did the 'target practice' bit, B did not. On leaving the cave, the B then couldn't talk to the NPC's, but A could.

The NPC inside the cave doesn't need to be clicked on to get the gun and target mission. You only need to approach close enough, and the dialog opens automatically.

The main issue as I see it, is that the radius of interaction is too small, and new players can inadvertantly miss the NPC (standing in a fairly dark area) if they head directly for the clearly obvious cave opening.

The simplest solution to me is to increase the NPC's radius of interaction to at least the full width of the cave.

Accidentally found a huge spawn of (mostly Guardian) Cornundacaudas Monday. Was ENE (I think) from Hades crater, as I recall. That was before the VU, though.

Thanks for the info. I'll go and take a look.

I am currently hacking at the cornundas on TI. It is Prancers I can't find!

Thanks for the info. I'll go and take a look.

I am currently hacking at the cornundas on TI. It is Prancers I can't find!

Tried the spawn 1 minor jump north of Fort Argus? A little thin, but a pure spawn, and they seem to re-spawn fairly quickly.

I've just helped a couple of rookies on Gateway - brothers. Let's call them A and B.

A got the gun inside the cave, and did the 'target practice' bit, B did not. On leaving the cave, the B then couldn't talk to the NPC's, but A could.

The NPC inside the cave doesn't need to be clicked on to get the gun and target mission. You only need to approach close enough, and the dialog opens automatically.

The ones I've had the opportunity to ask have clicked on the NPC inside the Cave, without success. And my guess is also that when Yoshida refuses to speak, it's again tied to not having relogged, rather than passing through the Cave corretly - after all, most of us older players begun the mission chain at outside the Cave (and Before we knew about crystalline cavern handed out weapons to peopole who had clicked the teleporter accidently).

Or could it be something besides the relog that's the difference?

If it's two brohters, could it be that, if they were using same computer, first B signed up, then A signed up, entered the game, tried to do the things but got stuck without weapon, then A logged out, B logged in, and was able to complete?
Or, if a player goes through registration "too fast" (faster than average), when he gets ingame the account isn't properly saved for the first time, while if someone takes his time, the session will get saved to the proper servers.

Problem is only way to test this, is by creating avatars in different ways, and theoretically only MA is allowed to do it (except if someone accidently have 10 siblings).

Consider this: A and B are Brothers. First, A logs in. He thouroghly reads all pop-up messages, clicks on every NPC, accepts and completes every mission, slowly makes his way through the initial areas. Maybe he even try different graphic settings and relog for that reason. Then, his brother B logs in. Brother A now tells him, "You run down the hallway, you click the light there, that NPC you can ignore nothing really happens when you click him, now you run thrhough that door and you're done". Then B could have missed a small step that was needed to initiallize the avatar properly, or could have moved from server 1 to server 2 Before avatar was properly saved to server C, so when avatar arrives at area 2 and that server asks server C there is no information (yet).

As there is no way for old avatars to know nowdays what happens for new account, it's hard to guide new avatars through. (Some time ago, it was possible for those who had at least one graduated disciple to re-enter the Creation areas "Mindark start" and "calypso start").

Last edited:
If it's two brohters, could it be that, if they were using same computer, first B signed up, then A signed up, entered the game, tried to do the things but got stuck without weapon, then A logged out, B logged in, and was able to complete?

They were both ingame at the same time, so 2 separate computers. The only difference appeared to be that one ran straight through the cave, the other one didn't.

When I've been in the cave myself, if I approach the NPC, I'm automatically offered the targetting drones mission (while not being offered the gun ofc). However, if I stay to the left side of the path, and head straight for the exit, I don't get the offer.

When I've been in the cave myself, if I approach the NPC, I'm automatically offered the targetting drones mission (while not being offered the gun ofc). However, if I stay to the left side of the path, and head straight for the exit, I don't get the offer.

A suggestion I have, is that when you enter the Cave, you get a popup "Report to mr Charkov to get essential weapon training" or something like that.

Increasing the "sensoric area" for the NPC in the cave would also work of course... unless the NPC is Deaf-mute.

(Oh, and I don't get offered the target drone mission anymore, I only got that mission once. For me it just says I should hurry to mr Yoshida so he doesn't lose his temper.)

Bristlehogs have a new and better attack animation :)

The ones I've had the opportunity to ask have clicked on the NPC inside the Cave, without success. And my guess is also that when Yoshida refuses to speak, it's again tied to not having relogged, rather than passing through the Cave corretly

The most stubborn ones do spend enough time inside to try everything, so it's not just a problem of range. And yes, once the problem has emerged, none of NPCs in gateway talk until relog. I once met a guy who made it on foot all the way to Spaceport Helios (being attracted by that sky beam) and stuck there, with Lt.Smith (who sends people to Calypso even if they haven't done any other missions) not responding.

Tried the spawn 1 minor jump north of Fort Argus? A little thin, but a pure spawn, and they seem to re-spawn fairly quickly.

Brilliant! Thanks a lot, and I'll try that tonight. I just hope they haven't been moved!

Looks as if they have been moved. I ran north from Argus and encountered Argonauts and Snables.

:-(

Looks as if they have been moved. I ran north from Argus and encountered Argonauts and Snables.

:-(

I was there last night, so the spawn is definately still there. It's the north of the argo and snable spawns. I'm not ingame at the moment to give an accurate waypoint, but roughly 76500, 95000.

just wait some days and it work better. this happens all the time when they make new updates, since ages.
And saw one thing. The game is kicking me out very often, when I am sweating at OLA 42, when I am haunting at Icarus, it doesn't happen very often. Don't understand, why it happens, it wasn't before.

I was there last night, so the spawn is definately still there. It's the north of the argo and snable spawns. I'm not ingame at the moment to give an accurate waypoint, but roughly 76500, 95000.

Thanks - found them now. I just hadn't gone 'north' enough.

A TP chip II/III jump from argus.

Back