Question: Planet Cyrene more info

GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
Here's a quote by Ed:
I am excited to see our Planet Cyrene fan page grow. This has been a grass roots effort and the page is growing simply by word of mouth or our fans actively looking for information on Planet Cyrene. As we get close to the 100 member mark I am pleased to say that the more members we have the more information I am allo...wed to put effort into sharing. I hope the fan page continues to grow so I can put the lobby machine into full effect for continued behind the scenes information and projects. Thank you to our current member base on behalf of the entire Planet Cyrene Team.

Basically they'll release more info if they have more members.
So if you want to know more information about Planet Cyrene please do sign up to their facebook page here:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=306128641021&v=wall

Thanks

oh snap facebook...
I can't enter that page. I kinda hate it and I have promised myself not to enter it for a long long time.

Sigh. De facto like Microsoft Windows...just as insecure and annoying.

I'd like to know more but not if it requires prostituting myself like that.

There are certainly better metrics to use to guage interest than facebook.

oh snap facebook...
I can't enter that page. I kinda hate it and I have promised myself not to enter it for a long long time.

I'm not a facebook user too but I made an account just to see Planet Cyrene info and so far I'm happy with it. They seem to be doing a good job. I quite like the concept art pics they posted recently along with the description of the places. One seemed like a pvp area to me but dunno yet. I also like the fact they ask us for our input on their planet like teams, weapons. This is really good of them to do that and gives us a chance to influence the outcome to how we want it.

However, if they don't get many people joining that group then they can't really take our views seriously because it wouldn't be representative and potentitally skewed results due to a low sample size.

There are certainly better metrics to use to guage interest than facebook.

Well, given facebook is free to use, it is kind of a good tool as a lot of people don't veto it.

A better metric would have been to use the numbers of people on the subscribers list of the 'soon' to be coming website.

Sigh. De facto like Microsoft Windows...just as insecure and annoying.

I'd like to know more but not if it requires prostituting myself like that.

This is what I thought but it seems to be ok i made a new account based on my profile here and I share no real world info about myself on facebook. So problem solved for me :)

A better metric would have been to use the numbers of people on the subscribers list of the 'soon' to be coming website.
However that is not interactive.

They can shove their publicity up their ass for all i'm concerned. I'll be the one spending peds, not the other way around.
Do I sense a bit of negativity and hostility :D Doesn't sound like the normal immortal we are all used to. publicity and information for us - works both ways. Would you like to see some background info on their planet? more screengrabs? short stories? behind the scenes production progress? I know I would :)

Last edited:
They can shove their publicity up their ass for all i'm concerned. I'll be the one spending peds, not the other way around.

Smells like bs. Obviously they have no good news to report, and you are talking to some dork who looks good to his boss the more fb friends he can collect to spam later.

Lame.

Do I sense a bit of negativity and hostility :D Doesn't sound like the normal immortal we are all used to. publicity and information for us - works both ways. Would you like to see some background info on their planet? more screengrabs? short stories? behind the scenes production progress? I know I would :)

If they want to attract a high percentage of ID thieves, kids too lazy to walk a few metres and knock on their friends door to talk to them, people who think a blog telling the world they are eating their dinner or watching TV is interesting, the sort of person incapable of going to the pub unless they organize it via FB weeks in advance, and various other social misfits, by all means carry on doing what they are.

The minority of normal people who use FB are either already going to know about EU or won't be interested.

To put it another way, they can post all the news and info they like, but if they don't post it on a proper site it didn't happen. :D

If they want to attract a high percentage of ID thieves, kids too lazy to walk a few metres and knock on their friends door to talk to them, people who think a blog telling the world they are eating their dinner or watching TV is interesting, the sort of person incapable of going to the pub unless they organize it via FB weeks in advance, and various other social misfits, by all means carry on doing what they are.

The minority of normal people who use FB are either already going to know about EU or won't be interested.

To put it another way, they can post all the news and info they like, but if they don't post it on a proper site it didn't happen. :D

I hardly think 500 million people which just continues to grow is a minority :p

The normal people who use it are a minority though. ;)

Also, how do we know it's not just 500 million accounts, rather than active users?

Where did my post go?

Last edited:
Bump for the fb users that have interest in Cyrene

what is facebook?

don't answer that :p

oh so the abbrivation fb = facebook? and here I was thinkin it meant flashback...I learn something new everyday when I visit EF...question is though...will I learn something new everday if do indeed visit facebook?...I'm terrible at faces btw! :(

I'd like to learn more too but I'm not touching facebook.

oh so the abbrivation fb = facebook? and here I was thinkin it meant flashback...I learn something new everyday when I visit EF...question is though...will I learn something new everday if do indeed visit facebook?...I'm terrible at faces btw! :(

he he took me a while to figure that out too i thought it meant FBI at first :D and after that didn't make anysense tried to figure out what it could be ...

Nice to see i'm not the only noob :)

Two pictures they have posted on facebook

"An early look at one of my favorite location and hot spots of Cyrene. Still under development, this zone will feature high end content and rewards for those crazy enough to make the journey and strong enough to enjoy it."

"Once an important distribution and warehouse hub, this city has since become an abandoned ghost town and taken over by the criminal elements of Cyrene. Many great things await those strong enough to enter and survive long enough to claim the rewards had at this conflict ridden city"

I have done my duty in the quest for more info and am now a facebook fan.

forgot how many there is that plays EU, was it 800k accounts last I checked:confused: Now think the same about Facebook as you probably do about PE/EU/PC/RT...................

This is to all who think facebook are as big as they claim(not legion specifically), I know atleast 5persons who had an account but never use it but didn't close it as I did a while back.
anyone know how I can make them completetly erase all data they got from me, as they said all you have to do is use your login again and it's active?? never posted anything too personal but I hate the thought of leaving the smallest trace on there servers..

Two pictures they have posted on facebook

"An early look at one of my favorite location and hot spots of Cyrene. Still under development, this zone will feature high end content and rewards for those crazy enough to make the journey and strong enough to enjoy it."

"Once an important distribution and warehouse hub, this city has since become an abandoned ghost town and taken over by the criminal elements of Cyrene. Many great things await those strong enough to enter and survive long enough to claim the rewards had at this conflict ridden city"

judging from the two images I'd say the first is definitely from the sandbox editor and better than most of the attempts by FPC (sorry but its true) the second is concept art.

This is to all who think facebook are as big as they claim(not legion specifically), I know atleast 5persons who had an account but never use it but didn't close it as I did a while back.
anyone know how I can make them completetly erase all data they got from me, as they said all you have to do is use your login again and it's active?? never posted anything too personal but I hate the thought of leaving the smallest trace on there servers..

Check out http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/facebook/7724359/How-to-delete-your-Facebook-account.html follow the instructions and remember Google is your friend ;)

Im interested in the new stuff and would like to see more as well. Unfortunately I refuse to add yet another login I need to keep track of just to see info that will not happen for longer them I can keep focused on.

Now if they want to set this up where I dont have to give personal info or remember a password and login I will gladly check on at least a weekly basis to see what is new and exciting.

If not.. it falls into the catagory of the in game radio stations that want us to do the same..Just not gonna happen.

Reactions: Mac
I really dont see everyones problems with facebook.

In the time it took you all to write your self-important replies on this forum, you could have set up a fake account on facebook with false details, and even had chance to set up a one-use hotmail account for your facebook login too!

Even if you did use your own details, the amount of customisation you can do to your page means you dont even have to share any personal information.

Stop being a retard, quit your whining, and either go look at the information they are providing, or be quiet and go play PE.

Bah! some people! :eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

Ed added a new pic to facebook group (city of Janus).

With description:
The Gate city of Janus is one of the last great cities of the human inhabitants on Planet Cyrene. Originally a vacation hub for the political and military elite, it now houses many refugees and is one of the main re-cloning centers after the devastating attack on the capitol city of Cyrene. Built to reflect the architecture of one of mankind's most ancient civilizations, there was no expense spared in its authentic feel including a massive colosseum at its center. Whether you are a refugee, re-clone, or an adventurer who heeded the call for help, Janus will undoubtedly be one of your first experiences on Planet Cyrene.

I've just accidentally found this planet on wiki and even bothered to look into the press release...

...Entropia Universe, an enormously successful Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (MMORG) with a real cash economy that is already positioned to challenge the dominance of market leader World of Warcraft...

woof!

...but what I actually want to say is that wiki mentions three companies in regards to this project: Digital Scryers, CKA and Creative Kingdom

all of them seem to be digital production companies so they are going just to build the planet, not to own it

correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to be MA itself building another planet for sale and it's not BS:

...Our 30 years of experience in creating top iconic resorts around the world was a key factor in our being selected by Mindark to create its next planet...

..The technology introduced by this project will enable other companies within the media, film, music and gaming industries, among other content providers, to efficiently acquire their own planet within Entropia Universe...

I really dont see everyones problems with facebook.

In the time it took you all to write your self-important replies on this forum, you could have set up a fake account on facebook with false details, and even had chance to set up a one-use hotmail account for your facebook login too!

Even if you did use your own details, the amount of customisation you can do to your page means you dont even have to share any personal information.

Stop being a retard, quit your whining, and either go look at the information they are providing, or be quiet and go play PE.

Bah! some people! :eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

It's just wrong in principle. One shouldn't have to share personal details everytime he wants access to certain information. It's like having to show passport and home adress everytime you buy a newspaper.

And faking info is morally uncomfortable as well.

Thanks to those who share info with the rest of us by the way.

Back