planning hunting bankroll for dummies

• Thread starter Deleted member 71093
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 71093

- calculate dmg/pec of your weapon of choice (www.entropiawiki.com/WeaponCompareV2.aspx) and include buffs etc (ie: mayhem azuro adjusted w/ perfected ares, 2.91469 dmg/pec)
- check out mob's hp (ie: exarosaur young: 50 hp)
- divide that hp by your dmg/pec (50 / 2.91469) to get your average cost/kill = 17.15 pecs or 0.1715 ped / kill
- multiply that number by 5000, thats your "safe" number for your bankroll (857.50 ped on my ped card should allow for "unlimited" hunting) with that setup

from this point:

- never tt anything
- watch the markets, dont sell stuff when MU is at the dip, sell when MU is at its peak, use the damn graphs they aint there just to be pretty
- dont switch mobs every 5 minutes, pick a mob, then stick to it for 10k+ kills at a minimum (else you'll never get stacks big enough to sell and will end up tt'ing)
- track your returns; tons of loot counters out there, pick one and use it; dont reset the counter, like ever
- stick to the plan, dont wander off and keep focus.

some useless noise:

- efficiency does not matter, at least not for now. if you have to read guides on bankroll management you do not need over 80% efficiency and you're better off completely ignoring that parameter; stick to the dps number
- sights and scopes have their use, but fall under the category of "dont matter at least not for now", dont use them
- your tt returns will vary between 90-97% long term, no way around that no matter your efficiency or weapon you're using. only way your tt returns will be lower is if using unmaxed weapons, only way they're higher is pure luck, im not arguing this is a fact

of course you can hunt below 5000 * the cost to kill, but chances are you will end up depositing again. i found 5000 to be a safe number for any mob but feel free to experiment

if you stick to those rules you will break even and eventually profit from auctions/MU if you're not a tt degenerate

thanks for showing up to my ted talk

haxx

Bankroll should be based on input.

As a general rule of thumb, risk of ruin needs to be under 2%. To achieve that, most hunters with good looter/eff values will probably need enough bankroll to sustain a 60% drawdown over 100,000 loot events.
If you hunt 5 ped mobs on average you need to calculate your expectancy per day/run and then have bankroll to sustain.

if I kill 1000 5 ped mobs per day (5k loot events) and my expectancy is 98% (see zho’s table) I will lose 100 ped per day. At 100k loot events I will lose 10,000 ped if I reach expectancy. So I need at a minimum 18,000 ped to make sure I have enough bankroll to keep shooting and reach expectancy.

my personal experience is that 100,000 loot events is not enough, rather 250-300k loot events. So if I’m shooting 5 per mobs I want about 50-60k of bankroll.

This doesn’t account for standing/stacking stuff.

tough problems have tough answers. Plan accordingly and you will have a more enjoyable experience in EU

Back