player to play offline trade system

Jago

Guardian
Society
Natural Born Killers
Phil Jago Jag
Hey,
Livibg on the other side of the world to alot of eu participants, and working some interesting hours leaves me with a bit of a problem doing p2p trades.
So basically an idea I've got is to introduce a system where players can complete a trade without having to physically be online at the same time and meet up.
So, using a drop down menu like order system in auction, the item is selected (with option for what tier, gender etc). After that, it'd have a field for agreed value/total price. Now for the trade to be completed and agreed apon, both players would have to enter the same details of the trade (item, tier, agreed price/trade for other items) and then accepted then and there by both players after having added the right items, money and values/selections in the field.
Now rather than having to view the items to make sure all is above board, all the particulars of the trade would have to match up on both parties sides.
SeeingnI don't have a lot of time to post and it's on my phone, it's a bit rough and vague. But that's the general jist ofnit.

Comments? Suggestions? Questions? Death threats?

Cheers,
Jago

It was suggested many times, still nothing, like always :(

Here just some old links, hope you will find some useful ideas there as well:

Offline-Trades (11-07-2007)
Would you like ingame mail service (02-23-2009)
Offline trades a common problem (12-06-2010)

Where was some very old as well, if you interested, try to search using - "offline trade" and "ingame mail".

P.S. And yes, I would like to have "offline trade"/"ingame mail" systems as well, maybe with estates involved, like it was suggested.

Last edited:
Hey,
Livibg on the other side of the world to alot of eu participants, and working some interesting hours leaves me with a bit of a problem doing p2p trades.
So basically an idea I've got is to introduce a system where players can complete a trade without having to physically be online at the same time and meet up.
So, using a drop down menu like order system in auction, the item is selected (with option for what tier, gender etc). After that, it'd have a field for agreed value/total price. Now for the trade to be completed and agreed apon, both players would have to enter the same details of the trade (item, tier, agreed price/trade for other items) and then accepted then and there by both players after having added the right items, money and values/selections in the field.
Now rather than having to view the items to make sure all is above board, all the particulars of the trade would have to match up on both parties sides.
SeeingnI don't have a lot of time to post and it's on my phone, it's a bit rough and vague. But that's the general jist ofnit.

Comments? Suggestions? Questions? Death threats?

Cheers,
Jago

They have this concept in eve online. Its called a contract. Lets say i want to sell item A for item B. Once I set up a contract, Item A is removed from my inventory. Once someone accepts that contract, Item B will be removed from his inventory and put in mine and he gets item A.

Back