Suggestion: Please fix the autouse tool function

Aloisius

Stalker
Society
Natural Born Killers
Jo Aloisius Smith
I remember the time when the programmer that wrote the code for the autouse tool was so proud of his achievement. I can't remember if he posted here or it was ingame bragging but it really was an achievement and everyone loved it at the time. But do you know how long ago that was. Somewhere between 10 and 15 YEARS ago. A lot has changed but not the autouse tool function. It seriously needs an upgrade. It's so bad now it's "klunken de kluges!" PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF LOOTIUS FIX THE DAGNABBED AUTOUSE TOOL PLEASE!!!! I don't care how you stop the cheaters and bot spammers but stop making me, us, pay for that.

To do what exactly? It "auto-uses" with 1 key press. That's its function. They designed it and further altered it with the interact key for the specific purpose that it is being used now - as a QOL.

You've asked them to fix something without telling them what it is you seek.

To do what exactly? It "auto-uses" with 1 key press. That's its function. They designed it and further altered it with the interact key for the specific purpose that it is being used now - as a QOL.

You've asked them to fix something without telling them what it is you seek.
So you have no problems with the way it's used? You press the button and viola it just does what it's supposed to every time? Aha, I thought not.

It's broken 5$. It doesn't work properly and I'm not gonna be the solo focus group that has all the answers. They need to call the people and find out what's wrong and then fix it.

It should be easy. I should be able to talk to my mom on the phone while playing with one hand hunting. Or watching a movie because the grind is too dam boring TBH. I should be able to tell by sound if the thing isn't hitting a mob. The autouse function should know if I'm in the AH or TPing. It shouldn't LOCK ME IN TO A TELEPORT when I equipped it by mistake. There's ALOT wrong with the autouse tool. It's not 1 keypress either - it's a toggle that doesn't work like a toggle should. It should be more like an autopilot that stops when things aren't right.

There used to be a next target and last target. Now there is only a target lock. If you hit that by mistake when you're not finished a mob and there's a crowd of mobs around it takes sometimes like 10 additional clicks to get it back on to that mob - you can target with your mouse but that means putting your mom on hold, paying attention to the screen, pausing the movie and if you have 2 computers side by eacjh and you are always grabbing the wrong mouse and the wrong keyboard .... well this is what I'm getting at. It doesn't work like it should. AND IT SHOULDN'T INTERFERE WITH MY OTHER ACTIVITIES. For instance I'm landing at Monria right now.

A lot wouldn’t play without auto use/interact, and target locking.
We aren’t all FPS gamers.
Exactly - I wish I could make my point more clearly. It's like I'm getting old. My vision is failing, my dexterity is waning. My ability to think like I used to is nearly all gone used up. It's all going and the fact that I want to keep playing the game is one of the subtle points I'm trying to make. They have got to make the game easier to play, not harder. I want to lose focus and just grind sometimes. Hell, I could just run the craft machine and do other things but I can't just craft all the time.

I can't believe other people aren't having issues with the way the auto use tool works. You've got to say something. How can you all depo like madmen from DUBAI and not demand a perfectly running software machine?

my position is that "F auto injection" versus "F manual tapping" does not affect TT Returns (for servers it is just "a F key arrived from player xxx")

so autouse is not a matter for the gamers, it is only less stress for carpal tunnel.

reading your post seems that you want a "better in game idle hunting engine" and this is a point against the WOKE attitude of many... interesting.

so F key should (example) ONLY interact with creatures and not teleporter, TT terminals, and such.

same players posted
a. this damn game make me loose money, the more i play the more i loose, i experience 60% returns
b. problem is afk hunters that make money on a constant basis

it is pretty easy to understand that statement a and b are in contrast.
either "the more you shot the more you loose" or "shooting more is an advantage"

If you hit that by mistake when you're not finished a mob and there's a crowd of mobs around it takes sometimes like 10 additional clicks to get it back on to that mob

A temporary fix for this is to hit the unequip item key , which will stop the auto TP chip or whatever tool you are using.

It is not the perfect solution , but it does help some.

FFS ... seems no one miss the time were "gaming" actually meant that people sit in front of their computers and actually "play" a game with friends ....now they have self driving cars, a fridge ordering the freaking grocery list ,their watch tells them to move, their phones reminds them that they missed moms birthday and a game what plays itself ....guess someone even thinks for them ... i feel like a dinosaur since i know the times when we had to hit the shoot button a million times to bring something down, and guess what ... people were grinding just as much ...

A lot wouldn’t play without auto use/interact, and target locking.
We aren’t all FPS gamers.
then don't, someone else will buy off your gear and play, less bots and more players that actually engage in game.

If you want passive revenue buy deeds crypto or maybe build that mining rig, why playing online MMO game?

yes
FFS ... seems no one miss the time were "gaming" actually meant that people sit in front of their computers and actually "play" a game with friends ....now they have self driving cars, a fridge ordering the freaking grocery list ,their watch tells them to move, their phones reminds them that they missed moms birthday and a game what plays itself ....guess someone even thinks for them ... i feel like a dinosaur since i know the times when we had to hit the shoot button a million times to bring something down, and guess what ... people were grinding just as much ...
I also remember crafting had to hit the key every craft. And you had to aim your gun physically or every shot missed was still paid for which wasn't even fixed until after the auto use tool came in. They made those upgrades.

I can hope MA would take this kind of community conversation into consideration. I did so suggest this way back at MA's AMA. Which is due for a rerun, BTW.

This game is not an FPS. Infact, it's not even a good replica of an FPS. It may be an MMO but it's not an MMOFPS even though you can play it in first person perspective and shoot. It's closer to an MMORPG or a Sandbox RPG and, even then, it's a simulation. I suppose you could call it an FPS but then you'd have to include that it's also an Economic Simulator and a Vehicle Simulator and a Space simulator and a Life Simulator and a Sandbox RPG and a 4X Simulator and Puzzle Game and Trivia Game too. It's all of those things and not great at any one. It might even be called a Gambling Simulator also. And, TBH, I'm glad Compet failed because Clicker games suck and Clicker Simulator is NOT what I'm wanting here. Entropia Universe's game genre can't be pegged down.

MA may well have a Treasure Hunting Simulator here but, I liken Entropia Universe's genre to an FFS and you can try to tell me different. I will give MA the benefit of the doubt because, they have been trying to make the game better over the years but, it will always be a Love/Hate Simulator FFS to me.

It's true too, your last statement there. I will grind just as much whether they fix it or not. But, it would be nice if MA could try to make my life easier. Without interfering with your life, of course. I understand that people are afraid of change, especially in this game. I have seen how the SHFT when changes are made here but, when you know a big change is coming, you would hope your ideas are implemented in the final product.

I love this game. You love this game. But, I hate how it gives me stress when it's not working properly. Stress is a killer you know. IRL. GL and TYVM MA:)

A temporary fix for this is to hit the unequip item key , which will stop the auto TP chip or whatever tool you are using.

It is not the perfect solution , but it does help some.
This - is one of the things I mean to say about this OP - but can't find the words to articulate. You shouldn't have to do this. So, I can bind the unequip key next to the autouse key and viola - LOL. If you knew how fat my fingers were you would laugh about this.

Auto Use Tool has got to ignore other keypresses and stay on target until you tell it to stop. And it also has to stop itself when it's out of bounds of it's meant use. It shouldn't make you have to find another button in order to get it to do what you want. When lots of things are happening, like when a hundred people are shooting at a big mob, I got no idea where the hell my cursor is. I'd really rather have a keyboard bound key that does that one thing. Like it's supposed to.

I can't stop the game and adjust the keyboard every time I need to do something. I mean, look how they are fixing the armor plate and enhancer demounting process. It would be great to get that to mount them too - like an equip all PLATEs setup button - oh wait does that work - can you equip different plates in the equip current setup (I will try it). I have my doubts but it should. LOL wait this post is about the autouse function.

Edit: TEST FAILED! The "Create Item Set: Equipped" DOES NOT WORK FOR PLATES and IT SHOULD!

Last edited:
More auto use tool bug nitpicking pet peeves and what I think can be fixed in an auto use tool function update:

When I eat a candy cane, or autoloot pill shouldn't interfere with the auto use tool. I should be able to eat the candy cane and continue shooting auto without losing the target focus. I shouldn't have to stop the auto use button, eat the candy, restart the auto use tool then re-select the same target RIGHT?!?! RIGHT??!!?

Sometimes when I switch weapons, from the arsonistic chip to the rifle for example, the auto use tool loses focus even though the target is still targeted and it won't continue shooting until I re-select the already targeted target even though the auto use tool shows it is still running. I'm sorry for the funky english but it's as specific and direct as I can make it. Half of MA's problem with the community is how much innuendo and inflection is lost in the translations.

People are saying they don't have these issues. Perhaps you aren't doing the same things. Maybe you can tell me why these things are happening to me if I really am doing something wrong.

Maybe MindArk is developing an antibot protection protocol.
I would like to think it would be done on purpose , but its most likely a bug.

Last edited:
Question: Using these auto-use "F" keys and macro and other programs that are undetectable or otherwise, are you truly playing? Your skills posted here on PCF or attributes ( as I have stood and watched many..Yes I could steal mob and exposed them and maybe I shall)

Who are you really competing against? Who and why would you say or tally your score and can be proud? Enjoy that empty victory and maybe your agenda has less then to do with a game possibly..IDK.

Depends on agenda most have: Are you trying to fill your time? Bored? Money? Prestige or Ego? Attention?

Odd..

Back on topic: I love auto use function during hunt and please fix this MA.

Last edited:
I agree with Rose.

auto use key is great and is easier for people who I guess havnt played from old times. but programs and cheaters etc are using them now to gain advantage then post their codex accumulation and brag.

other than that I get it. Ide like the old way back but it’s new time new game I guess so I just hope something changes in regard to it. Don’t get me wrong the auto use function is great and makes killing mobs more effective and faster.

just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Not trying to tune a bot LOL. I just like casually playing. I need to relax my brain and play. I'm definitely not competing with anyone. Furthermore, the bots in the world don't need the auto use tool to function. Mind-control works way better when there's no interference with the hypnotic patterns and robotic interactions. MA should be very concerned with this. When a humans mind is in the state that I'm WANTING it's much more suggestible. I'm not trying to pull a fast one at any level.

Now I'm trying taming. The auto use tool INTERFERES with that. I can whip the animal with auto use tool just fine but, I can't click tame on the animal I'm taming UNLESS the auto use tool is toggled off. That is not only annoying it's STUPID AF.

Last edited:
I just like casually playing.

Then stop trolling and go play. :LOL:

Now I'm trying taming. The auto use tool INTERFERES with that. I can whip the animal with auto use tool just fine but, I can't click tame on the animal I'm taming UNLESS the auto use tool is toggled off. That is not only annoying it's STUPID AF.

So, you want an auto use tool that sees that you are using a whip on a tamable mob and can stop before the creature is dead, but only when it's in the "try to tame" range? And if you somehow end up using the whip on a non tamable mob, then it keeps going until dead. AND I suppose you want it to slow the usage of the whipping so you can line up the spirit and respect AND health without your needing to DO anything????

Really????

Crafting: doesn't use the auto use tool, but still auto-clicks and stops after the exact qty of clicks you asked for
mining finders: auto use keeps dropping until you hit a claim then stops
mining extractors: stops after deed is gone
tree cutting: stops when tree is gone
hunting (healing) stops when you are fully healed
hunting (weapons): still shoots, but doesn't count unless you're in PVP (but my memory is they even fixed this??) so...

I mean.... There is literally 1, one, I said ONE part in Entropia that the auto use tool is not good at and that is precisely because the taming action was designed to require finesse and work on your part.

That's not casual playing, mate, that's just straight lazy.

I think if players have found a way to shoot at the floor for hours in an auction house, they should be allowed to. :whistle:

Video isn't by me, if the video creator wants me to remove it, I will do but I think it'll be removed fairly swiftly anyway.

I think if players have found a way to shoot at the floor for hours in an auction house, they should be allowed to. :whistle:

Video isn't by me, if the video creator wants me to remove it, I will do but I think it'll be removed fairly swiftly anyway.

All the video shows is someone who equipped a weapon and is shooting at the ground.

So, you want an auto use tool that sees that you are using a whip on a tamable mob and can stop before the creature is dead, but only when it's in the "try to tame" range? And if you somehow end up using the whip on a non tamable mob, then it keeps going until dead. AND I suppose you want it to slow the usage of the whipping so you can line up the spirit and respect AND health without your needing to DO anything????
Fat lotta help you are. This IS NOT WHAT is happening. Let me explain it again in another way. Some strangeness afoot that people can't understand my questions. Like I'm from Betelgeuse or something.

Taming a leprechaun the auto use tool runs. It stops automatically when the mob is ready to tame.

THEN you have to stop the auto use tool in order to do the tame. If you don't stop the auto use tool then taming doesn't happen. You can press the whip button 100 times and nothing happens UNTIL YOU TOGGLE THE AUTO USE TOOL OFF.

Has nothing to do with being lazy lazy. It's crappy code and poor design. They've dumbed it down too much. I'm not asking for auto TAME or AUTO HUNT like the crafting machine does AUTO CRAFT.

"Crafting: doesn't use the auto use tool, but still auto-clicks and stops after the exact qty of clicks you asked for" - ok
"mining finders: auto use keeps dropping until you hit a claim then stops" - but it doesn't stop if you stop running. it should know if you want to double drop or not. You could literally just keep dropping in one spot until your probes are gone
"mining extractors: stops after deed is gone" - ok
"tree cutting: stops when tree is gone" - ok
"hunting (healing) stops when you are fully healed" - NOT OK - I don't want to keep it running when i'm nearly healed.
"hunting (weapons): still shoots, but doesn't count unless you're in PVP"

when I switch weapons, from the arsonistic chip to the rifle for example, the auto use tool loses focus even though the target is still targeted and it won't continue shooting until I re-select the already targeted target even though the auto use tool shows it is still running.

There is a problem with everything you list here. The biggest problem is when you are switching tools or weapons.

Here's an experiment for you. Toggle the auto use tool ON then equip A BRUSH. IF YOU CAN'T SEE THE PROBLEM AFTER THAT THEN THERE'S NOTHING I CAN DO FOR YOU.

I did not start this thread to talk just about taming. If you don't see the problem, how are you helping to solve the problem?

All the video shows is someone who equipped a weapon and is shooting at the ground.

Later on when the Big Pumpkin shows up you see the macro doing its magic. It's a disheartening to see but this has been going on since I started in 2004. Back then it was auto-clicking FAPS in acid pools and scanning trapped mobs or avatars. It wasn't quite as complex but times have changed and the exploiters have adapted as well. It is against the rules but its really up to Mindark to police their own game. It sucks for people who are actually at the keyboard every session and just can't compete with an automaton. I've seen people exploit in games that aren't RCE so this isn't just an EU thing. If this was really hurting MA's bottom line I think there would be more exploit moderation and maybe this is on their radar but they are reacting in much the same way as the Yog exploit.

I can suggest away on how MA can improve EU but its up to them to make the call on what is important. The only thing I can control is how much I sign in, how much I spend, and how I play the game within the parameters they've developed. UE5 might change the paradigm in the core mechanics (even the auto-use tool) in some way but I don't doubt there will be unethical players trying to find a way to game the system.

Ah ok, it's been a while since I did any taming so guess there may be something w/ the auto use that I'm not aware of. If so, my apologies.

But my main point was simply that of all the many, many bugs in Entropia, I'd say that one is likely not on the high concern end of the spectrum.

But we can look forward to the new engine and see what This Universe is like as we move from Crying to be Unreal.

I have thousands of tames under my belt , and I know for a fact that once the auto whipping has gotten the mob to the correct taming parameters , the whipping stops , and then you must interact by attempting the taming process.

*edit
I went back and read through the thread again , and I think I couldn't quite get the gist of what is bothering the OP , but maybe this is it.
The OP wants to know why the Auto-use tool doesn't work for every process in the game , or am I getting this wrong ?

My own personal experience with Auto-use tool is similar , so instead I do not use the that tool often , as well as I do not use the F key.
The interact command works with every process I can think , and for those it doesn't , which are few , I have a shortcut on my mouse or keyboard.

I have cats , so of course I can play the game with one hand.

Last edited:
Back