Pondering about : Animal Taming

the different mobs can do different things idea is a nice addition
-Armax can wear a storage bin and transport heavy loads, like ores and enmatter
-Equus are rideable and the fastest mode of transport
-atrox are also rideable, but can be used as a hunting partner as well
-diripi(yes, even diripi) can be "activated" to scout for the nearest mob or to help choose the best path around a herd
-aethrex and hiryuu same but can also attack

personally, I want a quick little fugabarba for the purpose of looting my kills, and maybe play as live bait a little :laugh:

just thought about something else ... would be awesome if you could tell your tamed mobs to attack you with a certain frequency, etc. - maybe even set how hard their supposed to hit so you can use them for afk evade skilling. hope there will be some function that can be used for something like this :)

Yes. Like a "training mob".
And a good business will be to have a farm and rent such mobs to noobs to help them increase ther skils.
The noob must be forced to have some equip, so MA will be economicly interested to implement this feature for repair fees. But the decay to be the smallest in the game. Is only for noobs ;).

Diferent mob, diferent skill range, difrent equipment, difrent decay.
It can come a new job: Animal trainer. (If animals will increas there skills)
Job description:
Tame a young animal.
Invest in improving his skils.
Sell animal for profit.

Big and high skill animals must be verry hard to tam and train.

Shifty said:
i certainly hope mating will be a part of it.

sick - does that mean you like sheep? :rofl:

what I dont get is... if there are going to be vehicles, why do we need to ride mobs? Sure, a car cannot eat you, while a tamed Atrox can, but a car is way faster.

maniac said:
what I dont get is... if there are going to be vehicles, why do we need to ride mobs? Sure, a car cannot eat you, while a tamed Atrox can, but a car is way faster.

whos to say a tamed animal cant be faster than a car? besides... calypso is too small for cars... and theres no roads.... think of all the plants that would be run over! :scared: our whole ecosystem and way of life would be ruined!

Back