Suggestion: Portable auction house

ProActive Mango

Stalker
Can we please get a portable auction house tool.

This tool only allows you to look on the auctionhouse and you can buy or sell with it.

This would be very nice when you are out and doing hunting and mining to browse the auctionhouse.

They should make the auction house available everywhere like the exchange…

Although that’ll kill the towns, but high street is dead and all..

I think we should be more wary than we are of the effects convenience-focused changes have on overall gameplay experience. That's not to say this item shouldn't exist, but maybe the variable cost of using it should be fairly high (multiple PED?). I tend to view the variable costs of systems like Portable Repair/TT Terminals, Summon Claim, TP Chips, etc., as being too cheap, such that they mask interesting tradeoffs which could emerge in players' gameplay decisions otherwise. For example, mining might be more interesting if one had to weigh the expected value of an area's resources with how difficult its geography was to navigate (in terms of time and mental ingenuity expended navigating it as well as percentage of claims lost to inaccessibility), but while everyone is functioning in the mindset that MindArk is stealing or otherwise committing a moral atrocity if not every single claim is accessible at the click of a button, the decision of where to mine loses an entire dimension and becomes far less interesting (note that the less convenient system doesn't have to mean worse returns collectively, as MindArk could take a lower baseline cut knowing they will profit from lost claims, it just means better correlation of an individual's returns to the decisions they make over a more interesting strategy space).

Similarly, if some mobs are farther from towns than others, there could be a more interesting planning component in the strategy of where to hunt, but if we hyperoptimize for convenience such that an avatar can warp to any geographic location and even TT/repair/auction at any time at negligible cost, then there is some important aspect of the game's future potential that is lost.

Terrible idea, im all about being lazy and opting for convienence but not this, we already have portable repair,tt,storage, why even go back to towns if you can just do everything on the run.

On a seperate note i do believe they should introduce a system that you can access like a terminal in major towns that allows u to browse shops inventorys and if you see something you like you can see the shop number n location then go visit the shop, only for the fact that theres so many shops on planets and most go unnoticed or hidden.

When I played Silk Road , you could stop anywhere and set up a sales cart where people could buy straight from you.

Honestly I think there should be fewer auctioneers, like 5 - 10 per planet in places where there are main hubs, banks stables etc. Then youd actually see some other players and there'd be a bit more vibe. They're only a 2 second TP away after all

When I played Silk Road , you could stop anywhere and set up a sales cart where people could buy straight from you.
ahhh silkroad online.....brings back memories

Honestly I think there should be fewer auctioneers, like 5 - 10 per planet in places where there are main hubs, banks stables etc. Then youd actually see some other players and there'd be a bit more vibe. They're only a 2 second TP away after all
Not before they introduce a mute option for pet and avatar pose sounds. Listening those on repeat is annoying.

It would be cool but unfortunately it wouldn't work because if you hof or got a really high global then you could just mine and progressively sell the stuff it would defeat the purpose of carry weight basically

Back