Post your graphic settings!

Deadgoon

Alpha
Society
Pyrates of Calypso
Deadgoon Ghoast Ghoasttoaster
Ok first off if this has been done my apologies, but I could not find the thread in searching.

Second this thread is for LEGAL settings, not tweaks to registry files, or other MA frowned upon tweaks.

When I first logged into the new VU I thought I was done for, it was virtually inoperable for me. Between updating my graphics driver and whatever MA has done it steadily got better. After this last update things have really cleared up (good job MA). So on a little run today I tried setting my general fx to medium. I was pleasantly surprised to see I can now run it on medium. It's just the tiniest bit laggy, but tolerable.

Got me to thinking, what might be the optimal custom settings? I'm not at all knowlegable as to how the different parameters affect system performance vs graphics, so I was hoping some of you more knowledgeable people can recommend custom setting that would give optimal "look" with minimal system degredation?

This might be a subjective thing too, for instance maybe shadows are a drag, but IMO they are huge in the visual appearance.

I have toyed with this endlessly. What seems to work for me is... Set all graphics setting to medium, and then turn shadows and objects quality to low. Turn the textures WAY up. It looks stunning, though you can't see grass and stuff (which I don't care about).

:)

Personally for me, everything works fine on highest settings, but surely this question is subjective, based on what specs your pc is?

E.g. I run everything on high and its fine. Your PC can't manage that and appears to manage at medium. Someone with a worse pc than you would only manage low.

Maybe if people posted their PC stats as well, it would help build a comprehensive list, but without that info, its pretty meaningless what stats people are using to get the maximum settings out of their PC's

All settings on very high, render texture quality maxed out, motion blur on, and AA 8xQ.

It runs perfectly well outside, running around hunting. However my FPS goes right down to 5 if I enter a mobile service centre. Even lowering the graphics quality doesn't do much for me - get it to about 10-15FPS max. Not sure whats going on in those buildings or what causes it... maybe all the extremely bright lights? Anyone else have this issue?

I have noticed that EU is not SLI friendly either, so whenever I play, it must be disabled. Otherwise there is a fairly significant FPS drop. :/

I have toyed with this endlessly. What seems to work for me is... Set all graphics setting to medium, and then turn shadows and objects quality to low. Turn the textures WAY up. It looks stunning, though you can't see grass and stuff (which I don't care about).

:)

cool I'll try this. Right now what works for me is to set everything to low and texture quality to med, and the render texture quality way up. This gives me the best look with no degredation at all.

THANATOS said:
Maybe if people posted their PC stats as well, it would help build a comprehensive list, but without that info, its pretty meaningless what stats people are using to get the maximum settings out of their PC's

I get your point, but I guess I was more trying to see if we could weigh the settings in general. I'm interested in what has worked well for others, mainly those who can't play on high and have had to tweak it to balance look and performance.

Everthing on high except the shading which is on medium seems to be a good balance for my PC at the moment.

Maybe as FPC optimizes things that will change.

Posted via Mobile Device

Im with the few people replying that has everything on very high.

Everything is very high, all settings turned ON, and every option at its peak. Being able to OC video cards and cpu speeds is a god sent!

:yay:

Everything low... ok, my ATI 4550 just can't cut it, everything looks like it is covered in ice... ok, with my ped profit return, I can upgrade my new system by 2012... heheheheh. Building a new box now with an 8800 card that has been sitting in my desk.

From my little experiment, using anti aliasing gives you nice rich deep colors, but my system lags so bad, even with 2x, can't do anything....

Hopefully will get a dual core cpu next week.

~s~

Everything on max with no AA. The last update MA did really helped my system peformance. Using 6gb ram, Core 2 Quad 9550, and GTX275. Getting 45-70 FPS out hunting in most cases and 30 at best in shop containers.

well I don't run medium, but even on low/custome I am still seeing improvements. the other day I cranked the water to very high while at new switz ( or whatever it is now). It looks great and almost no loss of performance. So if I had to guess water is NOT and big drag on resource and can be put up a bit.

at least that how it seemed to me.

EDIT: I find that all low and just put up textures to be optimal for bare minimum sys

Very freaking high :yay:
AA i switch off im places like the eomon event to have the most FPS possible :D
GTX260
Phenom II 550 BE
4gb ram
wind7 64bit

start slow...

start with safe setting and change one thing at a time... start with texture slider all the way to the right... then texture quality on high...

next see how it is doing... test it out a bit...

if all is well, try objects and avatar on medium. That's right about where I stay at. Turning up shading makes the entire world go strobe lights or super black for me, especially in the mall.

If medium on avatar is too much, just go medium on object or vice versa... kind of would suck seeing no textures on avatars or objects, but at least you would have nice textures for what you can see.

I have everything on very high, except for the sound that is on mute :D

Asus P6T Deluxe V2, Nvidia GTX295, 6gig Corsair 1866 ram i7 950 cpu (watercooled) 16QAA Everything on Vhigh cept shadows + avie - set on high
25-50ish fps depending where I am........

Back