Prelimenary study of regeneration

Solaris

Elite
Society
Perseus
Robin Solaris
Solaris has gone into test mode.

First tests is to establish knowledge of the regeneration (regen) rate of mobs.

2 different regen rates has been spotted:
1. Regen while mob is attempted killed (fast)
2. Regen while mob is not under attack (slow)

Both rates vary from different type of mobs. Some are extremely fast (Eviscerator) and others are very slow (Attacker).

Solaris hopes to find a few fixed variables so we can categorize the regen of all mobs.

More info will follow as soon as enough evidence is gathered...

regen_kill_evisc2.jpg

This image shows the health bar of Eviscerator Generation 2 during a kill. Total time of the kill was unfortunately not tracked, but approx 40 seconds.

Full HP of the robot was tracked by the first shot subtracting 202.9 dmg from the missing pixels in the healthbar. No regen at this time.
Total regen from the robot during the kill is estimated to be 380 hp.
Thus HP of this generation 2 is calculated to be 980. More tests will establish accuracy.

Last shot gives 81 dmg but only 17 is needed to kill the mob at this point. Thus the term "Overkill".

regen_heal_evisc2.jpg

Whatching an Eviscerator Generation 2 heal up while not in combat. Picture shows healing intervals from 50% healthbar till full. Ingame clock is used, and small differences in times recorded are obvious. However a very firm average of 6.5 seconds between healings. This turn the Eviscerator to the fastest healing mob I have ever seen. :eek:

Enjoy :girl:

Last edited:
Well done + rep

Good luck with finding some of the variables to categorize the regen.

Nice test.
Although I'm a bit sceptical of the part mentioning different regen rates if under attack or not - that has to be a mistake?

nice facts, pretty interesting!:) +rep

Nice test.
Although I'm a bit sceptical of the part mentioning different regen rates if under attack or not - that has to be a mistake?

Yes, I've never heard this suggestion before, where did this idea come from? :scratch2:

As far as I'm aware, mob regeneration is a constant rate (for that particular mob/maturity), whether it's being damaged or not.

You can easily find out the full HP of the mob by scanning it. Max HP = Stamina x 10. According to Entropeidia the Eviscerator Gen 2 Stamina is 101, so 1010 total health, just a little more than your estimate.

Good work with the testing :)

Back