Price of items in the future (weapons, armours)

GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
Firstly a few probabilities:
  • We are likely to get more and more items as time moves on.
    • So more weapons and armours from "normal" drops as well as from events & possibly new items not seen before.
    • From all PP's and moons
    • More items from mayhem loots and NPC (I think MA said in the recent LAN event they plan to continue restocking mayhem vendors indefinitely)
  • Number of players will probably remain at similar levels to now
  • Number of players may increase with Unreal Engine
  • Number of players able to utilise high end weapons and armours will probably increase albeit very slowly as it takes time and a lot of funds to level up. Some high end players may be leaving but mid level players of now are likely to be the high end players in the future.
  • The rate of high end weapon and armour introduced into the system is likely to be higher than the rate of players levelling up to be able to utilise these weapons and armours
  • With Unreal Engine items are likely to change in some way or another. MindArk however have said, "Relative value of items from Entropia to be kept" here:
https://www.entropiauniverse.com/bu...10/what-is-entropia-universe-unreal/index.xml

What affect will all this have on price of items?
Well since we are likely to have more and more items their price is likely to have a downward pressure. However, it all depends on various factors mentioned above as well as others e.g. owners of items not willing to sell lower and willing to keep items in storage albeit unused.

With regard to high end gear the key I think is the number of players able to utilise these and willing to pay a high price. This is not easily determined and only time will tell if mid level players of now will be willing to pay a higher price for high end weapons in the future. Some may and others may not. Will the number willing to pay a high price be equal to or higher than the number of high end items available? or will the number of high end items at high prices simply outstrip demand i.e. more items than people?

I guess I can only say what I think and what kind of "rule" I follow:

Whatever I buy I'm very well aware that it might lose value in the future, and a lot too.
If I'm worried by that then I shouldn't buy the items, but I'm not, I buy the stuff so I can
use it now and in the future, I don't buy stuff as an investment.

I actually count on it that it might lose value since thats quite natural for a game and
enviroment like EU, there must be a development and progress in new items and features too.

As I use to say EU needs more players and less investors but in a per centage p.o.v so no one
needs to leave, we just need to increase the kind of players that are here for the fun.

You can be sure of two things for rings:

1) common rings (athenic, ares etc) will keep dropping in price due to the amount of boxes opened every day. If we look at the price drop the last year we can safely assume that supply is increasing, demand is not.
2) seasonal rings will in general keep dropping in price, albeit at a slower rate due to lower drop rate. Some older rings will hold value (e.g. the miner bonus ring). Price fluctuation also depend heavily on stats on new rings for Hallo and Xmas.

If the rings are worth it to you depends on how much you cycle.
Example 1: Top macro dogs cycle 40k ped every day, 14M annually (or more for that matter). For them, having the best possible ring combo is all that matters. A price reduction of say 2 rings at 20k each won't matter much - 20k MU down is barely a dent in the equation - 0,14% MU cost added. (The ring bonus will give more MU in return, so no worries).
Example 2: Medium player cycling 500k annually: 20k MU down would mean 4% MU cost of the whole cycle.

Guns: As long as there's 1.0 shooters, there will be demand for 2.0. Again, price depends heavily on cycle. In the above examples, here's how the economy changes from going from 1.0 to 2.0, 60 eff vs 80 eff (in this example)
Example 1: 14m cycle per year, going from 60 to 80 eff = 196 000ped more tt return
Example 2: 500k cycle per year = 7000p more tt return.

Obviously, in example 1, the player would be willing to pay a lot for the gun. In example 2, a gun costing 100k won't pay off over many years, so the risk of losing more on devaluation will be very high. Whenever the big cyclers all have 2.0 guns, we'll see a nice drop in price. (assuming here constant player base and steady increase in supply)

Last edited:
I don't see why the number of players should increase much. Because of the new engine? Why? The game remains the same, only with better graphics perhaps. On the contrary, I don't even know what requirements I'll have with my hardware to still play the game. Maybe there will be problems for some players and they will stop.
I also can't imagine that the number of players willing to buy the expensive stuff will increase much. On the other hand, players will always quit.
It's all speculation, nobody knows anything, but we can talk about it.

Cyrene has some nice markup items such as tail tip from paneleon, essence from rift etc. Latest craze it seems is the new mission on Cyrene, 2-3 months ago rift was hot, now next ccraze is tnew pet mission. Just gotta look in globals and see what people are up to. Find some people in twitch that you can maybe learn from where's the markup.

And if you choose to do Rift quest you ccan take coat to maximize your potential value for sal. Etc.

Edit. Ah shit wrong leaf.

people didnt get cheap highend items back in 2003
people dont get cheap highend items 20 years later
people wont get cheap highend items the next 200 years

oversupplying the game with ul, wont result in cheap ul
it will result in cheap stackables that leads to a dead market, what leads to a dead game
mindark is aware of that since 2003

restocking the vendor indefinitely does not mean that you see 200 mod nanos ingame
it actualy just means that they restock it every now and then , what they already do since we got the vendor
(guess what... prices didnt go down.. they did go up....)

please understand that the balance team does a very good job
please also understand that high class items wont ever be cheap to buy and they allways have a price from 150K up to 300K (not counting the "new" tiering)

people didnt get cheap highend items back in 2003
people dont get cheap highend items 20 years later
people wont get cheap highend items the next 200 years

oversupplying the game with ul, wont result in cheap ul
it will result in cheap stackables that leads to a dead market, what leads to a dead game
mindark is aware of that since 2003

restocking the vendor indefinitely does not mean that you see 200 mod nanos ingame
it actualy just means that they restock it every now and then , what they already do since we got the vendor
(guess what... prices didnt go down.. they did go up....)

please understand that the balance team does a very good job
please also understand that high class items wont ever be cheap to buy and they allways have a price from 150K up to 300K (not counting the "new" tiering)
I also believe they do balance the top tier items (tier S), but as time passes and more tier A-E 2.0 UL guns are added, we'll run out of ubers who grind big enough, and many of these will soon be affordable for even mid-level players ( who grinds 300k-600k per year). Just look at BHG. Last year it sold for 70k, now it's down to 30k (T0). Of course, pricing isn't only influenced by MA, but by world events like inflation, unemplyment rate and what not, so there's that.

Bgh is not even near top tier

Its a very good mid lvl weapon , thats all.
Price of camo bgh was influenced because two people simply overpayed big time for it , the price was 25-40k when it came and the price is 35-40 k today (tier 0) actualy the minimum value did increase. Above 25k

I can Promisse that inflation and Real World Problems such as war in ukraine or corona didnt influence prices in entropia.
No idea how people get to this conection... like oh ukraine is in war lets all get our money and put it into a Company located in sweden thats not even part of nato but like next to russia ( Sounds safe right ? ) no connection to Real World Events @ all

Or hey i got 20k usd left over and a pandemic is all over us , i cant buy stuff in rl with it because corona is all over The place ... lets put the money into entropia there is no corona in entropia and i am safe in my virtual live...

Just search the market history of entropia for the past 10 years and you will see that prices allways where the way, they are

Everyone got a diferent point of few and thats ok,just dont panic :)

Last edited:
Number of players will increase with UO5 but only for some time after it's release by the time that happens UO5 might be already obsolete . Unless something was to change cycle will repeat itself new players come put some money in they will loose it they will run away to the next game

Bgh is not even near top tier

Its a very good mid lvl weapon , thats all.
Price of camo bgh was influenced because two people simply overpayed big time for it , the price was 25-40k when it came and the price is 35-40 k today (tier 0) actualy the minimum value did increase. Above 25k

I can Promisse that inflation and Real World Problems such as war in ukraine or corona didnt influence prices in entropia.
No idea how people get to this conection... like oh ukraine is in war lets all get our money and put it into a Company located in sweden thats not even part of nato but like next to russia ( Sounds safe right ? ) no connection to Real World Events @ all

Or hey i got 20k usd left over and a pandemic is all over us , i cant buy stuff in rl with it because corona is all over The place ... lets put the money into entropia there is no corona in entropia and i am safe in my virtual live...

Just search the market history of entropia for the past 10 years and you will see that prices allways where the way, they are

Everyone got a diferent point of few and thats ok,just dont panic :)
Its just 1 simple answer,more people played the game during corona..lots of old players came back to play and maybe some new ones..More demand for items raising the price which is logical even in real life.Other things in real life got expensive so the value of the currency went down since you need more money to buy something..players just transfered it to the game..maybe thats not the best explanation but English isnt my language by birth.

I don't see why the number of players should increase much. Because of the new engine? Why? The game remains the same, only with better graphics perhaps. On the contrary, I don't even know what requirements I'll have with my hardware to still play the game. Maybe there will be problems for some players and they will stop.
I also can't imagine that the number of players willing to buy the expensive stuff will increase much. On the other hand, players will always quit.
It's all speculation, nobody knows anything, but we can talk about it.
I always laugh when someone saying his Pc wont be able to handle it but spending 100s or 1000s of $ in the game and cant afford a bit better PC...
Doesnt make any sense at all..

There are supposed to be players who don't spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on the game. Your ideas are a bit out of touch.;)

Back