Pricecheck: Boar VS Jag

dbelinfante

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Sage
In this thread a full Jag (F) is being offered for sale. Seller is asking for +30k.

Now Jag is a very nice armor, its best quality being its almost total absence of weight.
Stat for stat, it's only a little better than Boar, which can be had for a total of 7.5 including full TT.

Is Jaguar really worth more than 4x Boar? Please discuss.

Reactions: Lo.
All that really matters is if an item is worth a certain price for yourself. Obviously, for others it really is worth 4 times more. (if it really sells for those prices).

My personal opinion, not worth 4x more. Extra protection isnt that much noticeable. But then again, the difference between boar and ghost is also small, so the price of boar isnt realy worth it either. Its mainly about status and looks.

Totally not worth 30k. Although i have never had a full Jag set, i would say go with phantom which i think is better then boar. As the matter of fact, even though the price of other specialized armors have risen lately, you could get Phantom (male 8500) + Salamander (male 14000) and viking (male 8000) for roughly 30k. Or phantom + vigilante + thunderbird + viking

Last edited:
Imo not worth it.

Not to mention certain L parts are cheaper to use then UL jag:)

But then again, the difference between boar and ghost is also small, so the price of boar isnt realy worth it either. Its mainly about status and looks.
True. Ghost is just incredible value for money. The only thing that Boar really has is substantial PK protection, on the level of Vigi. In fact, it's even better than Jag there. ;)

What's a Ghost set cost today? Including feet? 4 points less protection than Boar, which has 8 points less protection than Jag.
Go from +600 (guesstimate) to +7000 to +30000... Twelve points protection are the difference between a full tank of gas and a full month's pay! :eek:

4x? probably not but then nothing should really cost what it does. but Jag is at least substantial improvment, where as Boar is jsut an incremental improvment on Ghost. cheapness of Ghost and the jump to the rarer (though you see them around all the time, how rare?) really distorts the discussion.

True. Ghost is just incredible value for money. The only thing that Boar really has is substantial PK protection, on the level of Vigi. In fact, it's even better than Jag there. ;)

What's a Ghost set cost today? Including feet? 4 points less protection than Boar, which has 8 points less protection than Jag.
Go from +600 (guesstimate) to +7000 to +30000... Twelve points protection are the difference between a full tank of gas and a full month's pay! :eek:

Mistake in calc there though

Its ghost 84 boar 95 jag 105.

So 21 more.

Lunch now detail answer later :DF

Mistake in calc there though

Its ghost 84 boar 95 jag 105.

So 21 more.

Lunch now detail answer later :DF
I was comparing main hunting protection only, as Ghost does not have (much) PvP protection.

Well, i think Boar was worth the upgrade because:

A. It's more eco to use than ghost

B. It's an overall protector, perfect for both bots and mobs. (used to have two sets with me before this)

C. It's looks! I can just zoom out and watch myself run, it's pleasant :)

Why Jag would not do it to me:

A. Not more eco

B. Not that much more protection

C. NOT better looking

D. Not as good overall considering bot protection

E. Expensive as a b*tch

EDIT: First time i felt i had *the* armor to grow into and evolve with was with boar. What limits me now is not protection, but hp, skills and fap's. What i fear most are crits and only hp could help me there really.

Imo not worth it.

Not to mention certain L parts are cheaper to use then UL jag:)

"Certain" being the right word, and only since the botevent made a sh*tload of them drop. No way of knowing what will happen after bot invasion but if its like usual ingame those parts will go back to being very rare and very expensive to use (atleast compared to unlimited "something").

Is it worth it compared to Boar? Imo yes on the stuff i hunt (I own both sets btw, would have sold jag ages ago if i didnt think there was any difference), but ofc it depends alot on just that, what you hunt.
If your main targets are mobs where you get hit for 1-10 vs 10-20 damage between the two then maybe not unless you want to avoid fapping all together (some like the "pump" that creates to just shoot until ammo is gone without even fapping once). If its bigger mobs you might save several fapuses because 8more damage * "alot of hits" means something in total, also for killspeed.
If you hunt mobs where neither get over 1damage very often then hell no, totally useless to upgrade.

Also remember one of the reasons for boar and ghost being "cheap" compared is the abundance they were dropped in, MA really opened the floodgates on boar while it dropped, and ghost is (ofc) cheap to craft (yes ghost is farking cheap including the feet regardless what people say, when it first came the other parts sold for ALOT more, only reason theyre so cheap now is since the market is saturated, shoes will get cheap over time as well since MA will drop a bp once in a while and produces an unlimited item that never goes away...).

I know its hardly relevant if were talking protection only but rarity and weight on top of some extra protection is "enough" small differences to make a real impact.
How much more its worth than Boar is up to the buyer(s) to decide i guess :)

(some like the "pump" that creates to just shoot until ammo is gone without even fapping once).
:)

I agree to what you say here, I often do this. However, this could be achieved in some way by buying ME plates. (However this also applies to Jag)

It's really up to the buyer/seller. However, if I had 30k to spare i'd much rather save those peds for a while and get a Tiger for example.

Back