Price Check Pricecheck - Gorgon sets (Adj/Imp/Mod/Aug/Perf)

B-K-K

Dominant
Society
Hardcore
Kamonpach BKK Empress
Trying to figure out how far I'm willing to go down the Gorgon rabbit hole.

So far I have concluded that Gorgon Armor start to be worth using on some mobs at Imp/mod level.

But what is the price of Mod and the other levels - And will the price justify this compared to other alternative armors (I know then we have the rarity as well)

My guess:

Adj Gorgon = 1200-1400ped
Imp Gorgon = 8-9000ped
Mod Gorgon = 27-29000ped
Aug Gorgon = 80.000ped
Perf Gorgon = 200.000ped

Add to that plate sets that most likely would be about the same, maybe even a bit more - Would you be willing to pay 400.000 for perfected Gorgon with Perfected plates ? If not for anything else then just to have it :p

I think your valuation is too high. Of course, these sets are so rare that their actual value to someone is highly debatable, but I think their actual market price should be somewhere around there:

Adjusted Gorgon: ~1k
Improved Gorgon: ~5k
Modified Gorgon: ~20k
Augmented Gorgon: ~57.5k
Perfected Gorgon: ~140k

A lot of hunters need to skill up to the point where they will be able to grind the Gorgon Shade for fangs, and once they do then perhaps prices will come down to a more reasonable level but the way I see it, it doesn't really make any sense to pay more than this for these sets.

with current pricing
a mod set is ~ 23k
augmented ~65k
perfected ~165k

Trying to figure out how far I'm willing to go down the Gorgon rabbit hole.
At least the info is available on stats and upgrade requirements, which makes an assessment easier. However, upgradeables seem to be the rage right now, with new armours and plates from various rabbit holes, but without knowing their costs nor stats right now. Do please correct me or direct me if I'm wrong...
Personally, I think I have something in my character called 'customer loyalty', so if I like the method around a product I may be more loyal to it. For this reason I'm a bit mixed on the gorgs as there have been many rebalancings that should have been better balanced in DD plannings in the first place, but I DO stress that I like it that the mission chain info was released in advance.
On the price check side, I don't expect gorgon parts or basic mats to drop in mu much anymore (or at all) moving forward, so only fangs as a possible source of lowered costs to make sets if buying the parts. Actual value - dunno - but that was my opinion on the cost to acquire side :)

Back