Problems...

SODERD

Marauder
soderd soder soderstrom
I got a PROBLEM!

Eu is crashing on my work computer... sometimes i can stay in for hours and sometimes seconds... its enoying...

i have checked with and without other applications running besides EU.

only a few times have i recived the normal MA error message about sending info about it to MA.

i got 1.5gb ram and a 3Ghz processor which should be more then enough to run EU with lowest graphics and as much as possible turned off...

its a 4mgit down and 1 upp connection.

and what i know of there are no firewalls or anything stopping EU.

Anyone got an idea? what should i do?

is it the graphic card thats killing it?

Are you sure that big brother is not watching you at work and crashing your Computer to give you the hint to get on with some work??

However outside of that what OS is running. if it is a work station on a network. If so try and change the compatability to Windows XP if it is running on server 2000/NT

other than that it may just be one of the random things that just happen from time to time.

If the PC is on a network it may be due to an overload on the network with other things running in the background to do with the net work. does the system have an automated system of back up or runs schedualed tasks house keeping data. these may interfer with EU's connection

Lol söder, it's simple. You shall not do EU from work!

No but try active X or what it's called, I needed it for my home computer before I got it to work. Also try to have the sound of, helped me with alot of disconnects

If so try and change the compatability to Windows XP if it is running on server 2000/NT

how is this done?

im computer retarded sry :(

... sometimes i can stay in for hours and sometimes seconds... its enoying...

:dunno: Dunno about your prob. sorry cant help u on that, but i know i want your job! :eek:

hmm actually i think i know how to change the compatibility mode, its done to my knowledge by clicking the executable file by mouse right, and there under "compatibility" - tab the wanted mode...i hope this helps...

Last edited:
:dunno: Dunno about your prob. sorry cant help u on that, but i know i want your job! :eek:

hmm actually i think i know how to change the compatibility mode, its done to my knowledge by clicking the executable file by mouse right, and there under "compatibility" - tab the wanted mode...i hope this helps...

thanks mate tried to set it on windows 2000 as the server is runnin on that.

thanks

still aint working like it should

To change the capability you need to go in to the Folder on the driver that EU is installed in. Find the Entropia.exe file and right click on it then slect Properties. in the new pop up box there should be 3 tabs. the Centre one is compatability. then select the check box and change the drop down to Windows XP and hit apply.

now if you are on a network at work you may not beable to do this as you are not the nestwork adminitrator. so

GET BACK TO WORK INSTEAD

Good louck. Wish I could play at work

To change the capability you need to go in to the Folder on the driver that EU is installed in. Find the Entropia.exe file and right click on it then slect Properties. in the new pop up box there should be 3 tabs. the Centre one is compatability. then select the check box and change the drop down to Windows XP and hit apply.

now if you are on a network at work you may not beable to do this as you are not the nestwork adminitrator. so

GET BACK TO WORK INSTEAD

Good louck. Wish I could play at work

jealous are we?

thanks for the tip mate!

any1 else got a sugestion?

Back