progress bar, an explanation

firejuggler

Old Alpha
Society
RFC
firejuggler water zabimalu
progress.jpg

as seen in the picture above, you can track 3 thing at the same time : a skill a proffession and the mastering of a tool (weapon, fap, ect). the last one is defined as a %. for example with a bioregen chip VI It display a 51% mastering.

Also, it keep track of your progress during the session.

Last edited:
progress.jpg

as seen in the picture above, you can track 3 thing at the same time : a skill a proffession and the mastering of a tool (weapon, fap, ect). the last one is defined as a %. for example with a bioregen chip VI It display a 51% mastering.

Also, it keep track of your progress during the session.

How do you get anything to show up in the top 2 fields? i just get "no data". Also, it claims a weapon as maxed, even if only damage is maxed.

you have to get a skillgain.
with the skillgain you can track any profession affected by that skillgain.
Unfortunatly, locking does not work yet.
the tracked 'tool' can also be a BP

I can't figure out any of this............ can't even see my progress.... just a noob I guess :(

Menace

I can't figure out any of this............ can't even see my progress.... just a noob I guess :(

Menace

Equip any tool that gives skills (and use it) and it will show up in progress bar...i've yet to grad on it :p

you have to get a skillgain.
with the skillgain you can track any profession affected by that skillgain.
Unfortunatly, locking does not work yet.
the tracked 'tool' can also be a BP

OK, makes some more sense now. Still, could be much better.

I just have 36% with mod fap :/

Mine keeps changing between difference skills and professions. It does not add anything, it appears that it only shows what you are getting green on at the time. To me that is not a big help because it appears that there is no way to see all the things you have had an increase in for that run/session. Hell it doesn't matter anyway I can't seem to stay connected anyway LOL.

Mine keeps changing between difference skills and professions. It does not add anything, it appears that it only shows what you are getting green on at the time. To me that is not a big help because it appears that there is no way to see all the things you have had an increase in for that run/session. Hell it doesn't matter anyway I can't seem to stay connected anyway LOL.

it adds them as you get the green text in chat its alot harder to see when using a tiny noob gun, more peds spent=more skills gained, with my weapon i can see myself getting entire points every few min. once a full point is gained it flashes a sparkly gold. also might be worth noting it only counts what you got that session once you re-log it tracks from your current list of skills.

i have noticed that it decides to change the profession level at random even if you are not using that profession at all, or gaining skills that attribute to it. also the "lock" function does not work at all.

you can see all skills gained too, click on the picture of the skill/professon and it comes up with a dropdown list and you can look at each individually, so its quite handy for those who like to track skills gained per hunt. :)

hope that helps

it adds them as you get the green text in chat its alot harder to see when using a tiny noob gun, more peds spent=more skills gained, with my weapon i can see myself getting entire points every few min. once a full point is gained it flashes a sparkly gold. also might be worth noting it only counts what you got that session once you re-log it tracks from your current list of skills.

i have noticed that it decides to change the profession level at random even if you are not using that profession at all, or gaining skills that attribute to it. also the "lock" function does not work at all.

you can see all skills gained too, click on the picture of the skill/professon and it comes up with a dropdown list and you can look at each individually, so its quite handy for those who like to track skills gained per hunt. :)

hope that helps

Yea just figured out the drop down thanks though. you are saying you get 1% every few minutes, what weapon are you using and what lvl RU you I would really like to know so I will have something to shoot for :)

I really don't see the use of the progress bar. After you have played for a while skills go up so slowly it's like watching trees grow. The widget is not at all intuitive, since it seems to show different types of data as if they were the same thing. Can you use the progress bar somehow to get more skill bonuses? One thing I do like is the skills gained this session.

I can see how a real-time skill chart would be fun for a brand new player, if that's what this is, it needs to be a lot more intuitive.

Can you use the progress bar somehow to get more skill bonuses?

nope i think its mainly for players who would like to track gained skills in volume more accurately versus tt cycled. i think its a great tool and allows alot more transparency in the behavior of skill gains.
i think, alot of people think that one skill message is a static volume of skill gain but its really not static and alot more variable then alot of people believe, and this tool helps show that :)

its a pretty cool feature... at first i didn't really see the point as skill gains are so slow later on... but i did notice for the short while i was able to be in game.. that it isn't entirely accurate... for about 15 min it showed 100% and the next level on power fists.. yet i was still at 99.15% according to the "K" screen. and this is one of my lowest pro levels. I used it crafting and it was kinda handy in a way to see some random .01 point gains here and there. about the only thing I really thought was interesting. was sometimes the progress thingey would react and there were no green lines of text... not sure if thats a bug, latency, or what.. but it was interesting to see skills not usually associated with actions suddenly appearing as gained.

its a pretty cool feature... at first i didn't really see the point as skill gains are so slow later on... but i did notice for the short while i was able to be in game.. that it isn't entirely accurate... for about 15 min it showed 100% and the next level on power fists.. yet i was still at 99.15% according to the "K" screen. and this is one of my lowest pro levels. I used it crafting and it was kinda handy in a way to see some random .01 point gains here and there. about the only thing I really thought was interesting. was sometimes the progress thingey would react and there were no green lines of text... not sure if thats a bug, latency, or what.. but it was interesting to see skills not usually associated with actions suddenly appearing as gained.

After a bit more study I think I have learned a little more. It may show 100% because of rounding and maybe it always rounds up. I didn't see any decimals in the tool line just full amounts. Also I think it reacts to increases even though no green shows up because you may have got a small amount but not enough to get a greenie. Also it may have been a green for a skills that help the progress of the item being shown. I.E. dexterity helps many professions so that may have caused the blink.
Just my thoughts.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. what comes to mind though, is the age old question about the skill gain threshold for some activities. For example texturing and coloring, always seemed you needed a min amount TT of whatever paint or texture depending on your skill level to get a bump up in it. I'll have to give it a try if I can stay online long enough. or with crafting, of course you get less skill bumps with low bp's long ago maxed.

But if you do get some slivers of gain without the green text, then I wonder what the more efficient route for grinding skills would be.

from what I understand it works like this.

you watch this new screen, it u use peds, it moves, you dc, you relog, it moves back to where it was before you started using the peds

nice

How do you make this widget show up? I searched for "Skills" in the action library, but maybe it is under "Progress". :scratch2:

Thanks!!

Look in the top left of the screen. The icon in the corner is for the keyboard etc, and other general icons appeared next to it. Now there is a new icon in the second place. Click the small arrow bottom right of that icon and the main box will pop up.

A few clarifications for everyone.

Skills: By default, it shows the skill you gained the most of in the past 1 min (I think that is the interval) and if you click on the skill icon you can select to view any skill you gained in the session. The lock feature doesn't work yet, but it would hold the locked skill and prevent auto swapping.

Professions: By default, it it shows the profession you progressed the most for in the past 1 min (I think that is the interval) and if you click on the profession icon you can select to view any profession you advanced in the session. The lock feature doesn't work yet, but it would hold the locked profession and prevent auto swapping.

Tools: By default, it shows the currently equipped tool or bp, and your level for that weapon. Similar locking feature as skills and professions.

Source: Clicking on the Help icon in the little square progress doohickey at top left of screen.

At first I thought this was stupid, but I've come to see that is really very cool. It has value for new and old players alike. (If you think its lame, leave it off.)

I think the best part is being able to see your session starting skill as a TT value, along with the current skill TT value so you can see exactly how much skill (or prof level) you have gained in a session. This info is displayed as a tool tip.

:beerchug:
Miles

Last edited:
How do you get anything to show up in the top 2 fields? i just get "no data". Also, it claims a weapon as maxed, even if only damage is maxed.

If your tool is maxed in hit and dmg its stands with nummer 100 in the field at the bottom.

If your tool is maxed in hit and dmg its stands with nummer 100 in the field at the bottom.

The problem is it also does that if you are maxed on only one, but not both.

A few clarifications for everyone.
I think the best part is being able to see your session starting skill as a TT value, along with the current skill TT value so you can see exactly how much skill (or prof level) you have gained in a session. This info is displayed as a tool tip.

:beerchug:
Miles

FOLLOW UP - The progress panel does NOT show skill as a TT value, but as a point value. I'm not sure if this is a change in the progress panel, or if I was just wrong - either is possible. I felt pretty certain about it until someone asked me about it in-game, and I realized it was not quite the way I had thought.

Miles

Back