Project Entropia VU 7.8

Did you experienced more critical hits during hunting?

maxwellhawk said:
Hate to sound like a naysayer - but this appears to be of little value to me - I was hoping for something a little more robust rather then an elitist toy update. I think this is going to be as about as much value to me as the beauty stuff was - absolutely none. In fact if this is all the VU has to offer I will be sorely dissapointed.

I think it's great, although not something I see myself getting into. It might be fun to watch though. So I partially agree with maxwellhawk...

I does add a new dimension to the game. For those players that are interested I'm sure it will be fun. :)

Great Taming is here:)

I tried a quick test on taming snables, havnt suceeded yet but its fun trying:)

:whip:

omg i think its gonna be really interesting with taming update ..

imagine if u have pets like spiders and u just send them to kill everyone ..

this is gonna be fun...

btw.. can u have robots as pets??

thanx MA for all ur hard work

Envictus said:
watch your decay guys... not looking good from what I see so far.

Yeah i noticed that, MA give the rich folks pets, which is a completely pointless and useless addition, and screw the folks who are already stuggling with higher decay rates on armor now making hunting a waste of time and ped...nice one MA.

What ya goona do next, hire SoE to make the updates for PE so they can do the same thing to PE as they done to SWG? LMAO

How about using tamed animals as weapon in pvp ?

There is another (very active) thread sbout the effects this VU has had on armour. Would Marco like to offer us an explanation - bug in VU, or a new feature? :confused:

Teranoz said:
How about using tamed animals as weapon in pvp ?

Sort of like PE meets Black&White...??? Creature battles! Not that I'm very fond of B&W...

Wohoo...another VU.

I'm a relatively new player, and I primarily hunt argo north of peaks. This generally gives me a higher return of loot than any mobs i've encountered so far. I use a katsu valor, and during 7.7 I found that i could hunt 2/3 times the amount with this weapon as I can currently.

This is really annoying becuase the sword costs 93ped per full repair, and usually the argo would give me 30-40 in ped and around the same again in iron stone - and if i am really lucky i'd get some items to make me a profit.

Since the update my sword decays much faster, and those mobs don't seem to be dropping loot as often. Maybe with the mobs I could understand, but why is my sword decaying faster than before? It just seems wrong.

I've put a lot of money into this game, and at the moment i'm finding it a real battle to enjoy it. I don't want to make a profit, but I want the game to be a good experience. I would like to see more globals, hofs and nice loots for the people who put the time in. PE is a great game, but it has many problems, and compared to many other similar games, it still feels like it's way off being a complete title imho.

I will keep playing becuase I firmly believe it has prospects that many other mmorpgs do not, but only if i'm not sinking my cash into something that's actually a hardship to enjoy.

Havent been playing but for about a week and i have a question. where do i download this 7.8 from? When i go to log in i get a cannot connect to server message. Is this becasue of the update. I was able to log in two days ago. :dunce:

JackFree said:
Sort of like PE meets Black&White...??? Creature battles! Not that I'm very fond of B&W...

Sounds like pokemon

HIM said:
Havent been playing but for about a week and i have a question. where do i download this 7.8 from? When i go to log in i get a cannot connect to server message. Is this becasue of the update. I was able to log in two days ago. :dunce:

7.8 is downloaded straight from the MA servers when you try to connect to PE. If you are only getting the Connect to Servers message, check if you have any firewalls or virus software and make sure they are not hampering your efforts to download.

If you do have a firewall, go into the Program control functions and remove any reference to PE, as they could be stopping your connection to the servers to download the update.

If that doesn't work, try switching off the firewall and see if that makes a difference. Also, I would check your router if you have broadband, to see if the firewall there is working properly.

Hope this helps. :)

HIM said:

the connection problem is probably your firewall, I have to remove pe.exe and clientloader from my firewall and add them again to make it work. :)

For those interested in the taming aspect, this may be of use to those trying to unlock taming.

A Soc mate has very low whip, taming and zoology. Not sure if there are other skills for the taming thing as I haven't tried myself. ANyway, these range from 100-400 in XP.

Now, another friend from another Soc said her friend had Whip to something like 1500, and Zoology to 400-500 or something. I forget the exact figures.
Anyway, if people are having problem with taming, it could well be that other skills are involved here as I know my Soc mate has high skills in a lot of other areas.

So, it could very much be like trying to unlock MMS etc with Gun Skills. You need to have a certain level across the board in one area of skills to unlock Taming.

Not sure if this is mentioned anyway where else, but if there is a thread for Taming I will add it there.

On a side note, I thought it was quite funny sitting there watching people tame there pets. It was like being at the Zoo and watching Elephants do tricks. Well, it sounded like that anyway. :D

OK im getting a little frustrated now. I have removed all signs of PE from my computer unistall, deleted teh created folder, cleaned both firewalls, and cut them off. When i try to download PE i still get the Server unavilable. Aside from reformatting my computer i dont know what to do any other suggestions. I dont have a router just the cable modem going into my PC. Can someone heP :mad:

Wow sounds great : ) Can't wait until the day that the larger mobs will be able to be tamed, keep up the great work ma : )

I got it to work heres what i did. Cleaned registers of PE cleaned Firewalls, did a disk clean up and defrag. Cut off my firewalls reset my machine and it worked. thanks for the help everyone

Creature Handler Returns

So what your saying is 8 days after SOE LucasArts got rid of the creature handler Profession in Star Wars Galaxies. Entropia now had that profession. Sweet. With the upcoming graphics changes. It looks like Entropia will have most of the features that made (past tense) SWG great. Star Wars Galaxies is a prime example of what not to do to your player base. I've been playing PE for a few weeks now and I really like the game systems and the concepts behind them. It looks to only get better.

Back