Prominent booth rental system.

Alainax

Elite
Society
Hardcore
Bonnie
Once in a while many of us may have a pile of items that we want to sell, often its things like sets which don't suit the auction, but similarly we are not selling enough to justify running an entire shop.

It would be nice if there were a set booths that the owners could rent out, sellers could punt a lot of more unusual stuff and buyers could peruse looking for something either unusual or a bargain. The theory being it wouldn't be a detriment to current shop owners as the wares would be inconsistent and sporadic, but still giving greater scope to sell in bulk than just auction or traders. A bit like a car boot sale/Saturday market ( maybe yard/garage sale in US?).

I am sure there will be a flaw to this I have missed, but having a tonne of stuff to sell, yet no real need for a shop long term gave me the idea :)

Last edited:
Like the idea.
However guess same challenges with an item rental system..
People would stock pile shops and have a monopoly on the rental market.

Would work if you could rent direct from MA

Like the idea.
However guess same challenges with an item rental system..
People would stock pile shops and have a monopoly on the rental market.

Would work if you could rent direct from MA
Yeah would be another good revenue source for MA, renting out the 'Marcus Calander Estate Manager' ghost town shops for a reasonable sum I'd definitely give a go.

Flea market would be great

I always loved the concept in the game SilkRoad , where you stood with an open flea market.
It only worked while you were standing with your wares available to those whom walked up to you and looked.
One issue would be those parking multiple accounts 24/7 , but maybe there could be a daily time limit.

Would be a great way to sell your non-auctionables like Ranked Psy-blade and Ranked Scorpion etc

I don't think it would be worth the time to find the thing you're looking for if the items were inconsistent. The only reason shops work is because there are shops you can go to and you always know you'll find certain types of items for just below the auction price.

I cant speak for everyone but to me the prices would have to be considerably cheaper than the auction to make up for the inconvenience and the time it would take to look through it all and find the items, check the prices etc.

MA is looking at introducing a Bazaar sort of setup where there are a bunch of "tables" available with like 10 item points each, call them "mini-shops" if you will. These would all be located at a location together so would attract shoppers. I think this will become a thing eventually on Caly and maybe on some other planets if the planet partners buy into it. This might be at the Land Plots or somewhere else.

just a "Universe wide no delivery surcharge" auction without minimum fee put a percent charge on suiccess sale would solve this....
shops are the WORST way to find items, probably there are 300 "sellinbg sites" in EU and going around to look for an item is simply wasting time looking for a PEC lower price.
it is a relic of the past when MMO were "social meeting place" with ppl chatting in a VR room.
Calypso has just Boreas and Twin peaks with street traders and a flood of same garbage offered on Calytrade.
we all are on map or instance 99% of in game time, so shop crawling is viewed as a waste of cycling/loot events by the vast majority.
prettysure that a "partable auctiont erminal" (there is one each respawn) would sell to compulsory players

Back