Prot DNA - Whats the drama about?

Status
Shoti offered mojo 101k, and won the auction but failed to pay immediately as stated in the auction rules. He gave some excuse relating to needing time to get the funds in game. What the delay was really for, was the hope that another rib would drop and he could negotiate a better price. Mojo refused the delay and sold to the next highest bidder. Thus getting less for the rib, 5/6k i believe. Shoti panics and buys the rib off the new owner without any need to put funds in game, and for alot more than he would have paid mojo.

Actually, that would have been just one of a number of cases where he and the seller of DNA parts appeared to have a different view of what was being offered as the price, when payment was due, and in which forms. Accompanied by delaying in hopes more would drop, applying pressure on the seller to lower prices by claiming more had dropped, and reportedly paying people not to bid on items - which is apparently how the proteron parts with no bids happened on auction and went on to be part of his price lowering push.

He stated his opinion and as he and any other potential buyer tested the Rib it was pretty certain. Else the price would have skyrocket a little more since it was sure that this was the rare part. On the other hand some people acted like it was known for certain only one rib would drop some of them members of the BA family as the seller(s) if I remember correctly. Buyer wants to drive the price down seller wants to drive it up. Business as usual and looks like Shoti was right.

He stated his opinion like he knew for certain. Don't know why you can't understand this. When you put the ingredients in the refiner it never tells you the quantity you need. The only way you ever know the numbers of each part you need it to make the DNA and see what you have left from the parts you had in it. It only ever tells you what you can make once you have at least one of each part needed in the refiner.:rolleyes:

Anyone else want to say the same damn thing in defense of Shoti trying to devalue the Prot Rib in Mojorisin's sales thread before there was any other Prot Rib dropped that we knew of?

As for me acting like there would not be more Ribs.....I stated clearly that no one knew if there would be more or not needed except MA/FPC. That is something that anyone who is truly unbiased in the matter would be able to say. I stated it was possible more may be needed in the same statement where I was calling Shoti out on stating it like a Fact before it was possible to know.

Possible.....not a fact and I don't think until someone we can trust posts the ingredients they used we will ever know if it was only 1 needed or exact ingredient numbers.

Shoti never said anything about looting a Prot Rib in his ATH thread, didn't post anything about what he looted actually. No post about getting the second Prot Rib until after he made the DNA. I am pretty sure that if he actually did loot one at this point and it did need a third Prot Rib that he would have thought he needed more of the other ingredients still. The people he states he purchased the third Prot Rib from never posted looting it that I ever saw. If someone knows who it was or if there was a thread they started before Shoti made the claims of where he got it from let us know. Has anyone made a thread about looting one besides the loser that made the fake thread about looting one from an Argo and got banned because he was using a second EF account? Do we know if more have dropped? I read the forums pretty regularly and have not seen a single thread.

Everyone was speculating according to former epxerience with DNA business. Star did think a second will be needed too and so did Akoz. A second Rib needed was/is more likely than 1 Million skins.

They never stated it like a fact the way Shoti did twice in the sale thread he was a potential buyer in.

To the Op: It's very similar to the tactics you use on the forum posting in every estate sales thread that in your opinion the price is too high because you are looking to buy a shop, lol.

As stated in PM, that's the exact same reason I try to counter your opinion in every thead I see you posting in trying to devalue estates.

;) :)

To everyone else: If you own an estate in Corinth, you might seriously consider increasing the price you want to sell your estate since Op really wants to buy. hehee :) (isn't forum drama fun)

Last edited:
He stated his opinion like he knew for certain. Don't know why you can't understand this. When you put the ingredients in the refiner it never tells you the quantity you need. The only way you ever know the numbers of each part you need it to make the DNA and see what you have left from the parts you had in it. It only ever tells you what you can make once you have at least one of each part needed in the refiner.

Ok, then quote the part when he is saying he knows for certain. I know he thought he knows for certain and I believe that this is/was his true opinion on this matter so nothing wrong with that. Guess most people are mad at shoti cuase they think he did not pay enough to mari back then.
You did read the same thread as me. Yes, Shoti stated he does not believe 1 Rib will be enoug but any BA member posting was acting like DNA is ready to make and the Rib is worth 400k which it is not seeing only Shoti bidding for real.

I stated it was possible more may be needed in the same statement where I was calling Shoti out on stating it like a Fact before it was possible to know.

Possible.....not a fact and I don't think until someone we can trust posts the ingredients they used we will ever know if it was only 1 needed or exact ingredient numbers.

And again who cares? He explained the situation as he saw it as he did with almost any party he was dealing with. Some ended up rather unhappy because they thought their part was/is worth 1 Million PED but seriously just because some people are overpaying for Neckbones, Skins, Eyes, Blood Samples etc does not mean they are actually worth it. The question remains was he trying to drive the price down or did he truely believe this. Either way it's fair game in EU business and widely accepted. Happening every day but this time one party was rather more liked by the community than the other.

if he got less then he deserved who's fault is that ? No one forced him to sell to Shoti he could have sold to Star

Thats what I dont understand.... most people who looted parts should of or probably could of checked EF to see that there were only a few serious buyers... they could then check each one....

I dont know how Shoti scammed... and no one has really said much... Im just curious where all the anger came from.... What happened?

He didn't say that it was a guess...he said it like he knew for a fact that it needed more ribs.....twice.....in a sales thread he was bidding in. :rolleyes:

Don't care if he had 100 of all parts except ribs....until you have all parts in the refiner and it allows you to make the DNA, and you actually make it, you can't tell how many of each you need for certain.

His posting that he knew for certain that it needed more Ribs specificly before he actually made it was him working on casting doubt on the value of the Prot Rib. Not something you do in a sales thread unless you are a low life con artist.;)

Well... that could be seen as a little devious... but then who would say Mojo conned Shoti if 5 more ribs dropped and the price of the rib fell by a lot.... problem with DNA is that you dont know how much of each will drop.... it started off with leathers/hides or w/e... and people paid much more then they should of at the start.... I could only guess any serious DNA prospector wouldn't want to repeat that mistake with the rest of the DNA....

It was maybe his strong opinion I agree with that.... but.... that was what he thought and sometimes people say they know when they only guess.... Turns out he was right though... so how is that bad? Maybe if he was wrong I could see this comming back at a shit storm... but it wasn't....

Shoti offered mojo 101k, and won the auction but failed to pay immediately as stated in the auction rules. He gave some excuse relating to needing time to get the funds in game. What the delay was really for, was the hope that another rib would drop and he could negotiate a better price. Mojo refused the delay and sold to the next highest bidder. Thus getting less for the rib, 5/6k i believe. Shoti panics and buys the rib off the new owner without any need to put funds in game, and for alot more than he would have paid mojo.

Ok, I see... that is a little shady... although how much time was Shoti trying to buy... I think I read up he needed a bit of time... and I understand mojo didn't want to risk another rib dropping... but then... shoti also was doing the same... It was a lot of PED.... and I guess if he was just stalling that is shady.... if his reasons which I slightly recall were about getting funds together were true.. then I dont see it as bad.... Chances of a rib dropping in 2-3hrs extra after auction are slim compared to the time Mojo auction ran...

Actually, that would have been just one of a number of cases where he and the seller of DNA parts appeared to have a different view of what was being offered as the price, when payment was due, and in which forms. Accompanied by delaying in hopes more would drop, applying pressure on the seller to lower prices by claiming more had dropped, and reportedly paying people not to bid on items - which is apparently how the proteron parts with no bids happened on auction and went on to be part of his price lowering push.

Well... from Shotis view... Mojo editted the thread... to get payment right away... if I recall looking at the time stamp it was nearer to the end... so there was a disagreement there... and I can understand both parties views on reasons they did it... Shoti wanted more time to gather funds and maybe see if more rib would drop to back out of auction.... and Mojo wanted to sell before a rib dropped and lose value on sale.

As for the bribing other buyers.... well.... does it matter? I dont see that as bad... its a business strategy and I guess it worked... whether it cost him more then he saved I dont know... or whether he saved more then it cost him who knows only him.... Either way... if someone was serious about getting the DNA together they would bid against Shoti... unless Shoti was paying a fine rate which means he would of had a bid war anyways....

To the Op: It's very similar to the tactics you use on the forum posting in every estate sales thread that in your opinion the price is too high because you are looking to buy a shop, lol.

As stated in PM, that's the exact same reason I try to counter your opinion in every thead I see you posting in trying to devalue estates.

;) :)

To everyone else: If you own an estate in Corinth, you might seriously consider increasing the price you want to sell your estate since Op really wants to buy. hehee :) (isn't forum drama fun)

Exactly... its a different view from buyer and seller... its the fact I want a booth/shop... but I believe currently with the savings offered by potential sales that most booths/shops are far over valued... and as I can see from many listings and threads... people are lowering their prices a lot....

I want to buy, but not seriously atm... no funds atm for big purchase that most shops/booths are attempted to be sold for.

And again who cares? He explained the situation as he saw it as he did with almost any party he was dealing with. Some ended up rather unhappy because they thought their part was/is worth 1 Million PED but seriously just because some people are overpaying for Neckbones, Skins, Eyes, Blood Samples etc does not mean they are actually worth it. The question remains was he trying to drive the price down or did he truely believe this. Either way it's fair game in EU business and widely accepted. Happening every day but this time one party was rather more liked by the community than the other.

Ya thats what I dont understand.... with DNA theres no trends or previous sales to really track a fair price or true value... so its all speculation on the buyer....

Id say 99% of the people here would love to buy something much below its regular value if they could... but the problem is most goods in EU have been traded so much over the years and so much information is out on them that the seller can easily get a good idea of what its real value is....

If I could Id love to sit at twin and buy ores and enmatters at -10%... of course Id feel dirty... but itd make me a profit... but so much information is out that sellers would laugh at me and walk away.... so therefore because they know the price and I know the price... I need to be competitive and offer good rates to get the product.....

This isn't the case with DNA.... the only information on the DNA that could be used to attempt to value it is... entropiatracker on Prot.... from that a person could take some assumptions and attempt to figure out a value of the DNA based on certain numbers and how much time he wanted the DNA to pay itself off..... other then that... its all a guess whether more of a part will drop or not.... but can we at least all assume we all believed more then 1 rib would drop... at least at some point :D.

PS: Sorry for a million replies and not 1 big one :D.

Last edited:
As for the bribing other buyers.... well.... does it matter? I dont see that as bad... its a business strategy and I guess it worked...

True, once you've decided lying and cheating is ok, the rest of it just falls into place as ok as well.

True, once you've decided lying and cheating is ok, the rest of it just falls into place as ok as well.

How is it cheating? Anyone could of paid for the parts that were up for grabs.... the fact is no one wanted to... and those who might have wanted to were potentially paid off by shoti.... I dont know where lying and cheating comes into place.

But please elaborate... cause I dont see the root cause of evil... and Im not trying to defend shoti in any way although most my posts are comming off like that.... I just dont understant what he did that was so awful to get such a backlash... except maybe jab at Star....

Shoti had mods clean up threads so he looks shiny and clean after the shit storms. :D
:
Oh really? Can anyone confirm this? i thought i checked those threads very often, and no posts were deleted to hide someone deeds...(some posts were deleted,like "SHOTI SUCKS He bought DNA parts for way under market price.. but oh wait he was the only one buying them actively(others didnt want to pay as much)...mmm anyways SHOTI sucks!!!") So no post that contained vicious information about case was deleted.

No one has really added anything... like.... what did Shoti do that was a douche manuever?

All the public info has already been detailed in the many threads about this subject, as well as responses in this thread. All those threads are closed, but to my knowledge, not deleted, so it's a simple matter of research. Advanced search is your friend.

Also if you truly care for the juicy details, I suggest you PM those involved. Perhaps they'll speak, perhaps not.

I can't see the point of this thread, other than to reopen flame bait that I've already had to deal with.

:locked:

Shoti had mods clean up threads so he looks shiny and clean after the shit storms. :D

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

I moderated those threads same way I always do. Yes, Shoti reported some cases. So did others who were involved.

Some moderating was in Shoti's favor, others were not.

If you want to insinuate I'm a biased mod, I suggest you get better evidence.

Status
Back