Qeustion about "Virtual tycoon" app for Android.

A-Bomb

Stalker
Jenny A-Bomb Legacy
So i've seen a few people "connected from a mobile device" so i figured i'd check it out. So i tried to install the app on a pad but was told the app was developed for an older version of Android. So i tried a phone with a verson of Android from 2021 and still got the same message. Is this app just dead and the people using it fished up some phone with a 10 year old version of Android? Or am i missing something here?

That app has never worked properly for me. Disconnects me at login but then restarts and sometimes let me in.

Some functions still work, some don't. Some in-game features never were implemented in the app, like the ability to buy mats from TT for crafting (which may have been intentional because of explo gambling before the nanocubes change). Some parts of the communication protocol with the auction house must have changed but were not updated in the app. It seems they wanted to discontinue VT altogether since it was already removed from Playstore, but got restored because of popular demand. However no indication was given about its future or a possible replacement (unless I missed something).

Some functions still work, some don't. Some in-game features never were implemented in the app, like the ability to buy mats from TT for crafting (which may have been intentional because of explo gambling before the nanocubes change). Some parts of the communication protocol with the auction house must have changed but were not updated in the app. It seems they wanted to discontinue VT altogether since it was already removed from Playstore, but got restored because of popular demand. However no indication was given about its future or a possible replacement (unless I missed something).
Well, i can't even install it from the play store :D

Is it gone again? Then the above is obsolete, I'm afraid. It was there the last time I installed it on a phone, must have been a year or two ago (my memory is hazy about when exactly). I still have it and can login with it (just checked). There are of course alternative ways to get it if you know what you're doing, but it means the developer really doesn't want to support it anymore.

Last edited:
Launched in 2012 and got an update in 2013. I would not trust it ever. But yeah still see some people from my FL connecting through it time to time. Plus it is not much practical to run the authenticator and virtual tycoon at same time in most phones in order to login.

Just a bit off topic, the Entropia pocket (EU authenticator) have the ability to send us messages but I only remember one time when they did that. Wouldn't be cool that they could warn us about server shutdowns for maintenances/updates or when major events start? Like getting a push up msg telling you that Merry Mayhem just started? Guess they don't need to do that cause they are swimming in money.

would be cool if they did. i would probably do some crafting from mobile if they updated it and kept it working right.

Back