Question: Quad prices: stable or decreasing?

Kombinator

Marauder
Society
CCCP
Velikii Komby Kombinator
Seems the quad price has kind of hung around 500 PED for a while. I would like it as a toy, but seems that they are destined to go the way of sleipnir prices as more vehicles are introduced...any thoughts on this issue?

wait, they will come down ... Everything has so far ... Eventually everyone that really wants one has one and then you can pick em up for a cheap buck ...

Angel

Ype, I think so as well, just want it for coolness factor, as with teh latest space bs makes not much difference up there. Guess will wait for a bit and get, does look very cool:)

They are decreasing after what MA did with the space, now is no matter if you have a Q-wing or VOLT is the same shit.

Thanks to MA.:mad:

Right it seemd quad and VTOL are the same now, except faster flights on planet I guess...but that is minor.

I do hope MA does something reasonable with space, because as of now it is such a pian to go to other planets, myself and I bet most people just stick to Caly...whoch is a shame, because I was really looking forward to the concept of a multi planet universe.

I see that Kim has been tremendously involved and interactive, perhaps they will intro a reasonable solution.

Right it seemd quad and VTOL are the same now, except faster flights on planet I guess...but that is minor.

I do hope MA does something reasonable with space, because as of now it is such a pian to go to other planets, myself and I bet most people just stick to Caly...whoch is a shame, because I was really looking forward to the concept of a multi planet universe.

I see that Kim has been tremendously involved and interactive, perhaps they will intro a reasonable solution.

I have an idea.:yay::yay:

MA could make it possible to take a tp for 30 - 50 peds between the planets, but player would not then be able to bring some loot when he is using the tp with him/her.:)

The difference in speed between Quad and VTOL is not 'minor', you can ask anyone who travels in both kinds of ship, they will tell you that Quad is much faster than VTOL in space.

Price will go down, but we do not know when.

As with just about every item, once the supply exceeds the demand or the "coolness" factor decreases, the price will drop, as it has been since last update. I would really like to own one of these machines just as a toy for atmospheric flight, I will NEVER go into space as long as it is pvp lootable. I give it about another 3-4 weeks before its down to about 350 ped.

Seems the quad price has kind of hung around 500 PED for a while. I would like it as a toy, but seems that they are destined to go the way of sleipnir prices as more vehicles are introduced...any thoughts on this issue?

I looted a quad bp and sold it for 250 ped / pec

I looted another one and sold it for 130 ped / pec (after making myself a few )

Work it out.

Quads are important to space, and space is important to MA.

But I don't think they will get to sleipnir level, because they look cooler.

I honestly think the quad prices are about as stable as they are gonna get. Yes, they are more useful in space, and I think we will see that as space progresses.

Quad is much faster than even sleipner Mk III. It's got better weaponry, with easily acquired ammo (TT). Higher SI, and as a fighter, more maneuverable.

As more people use them in space, the demand for quads will remain high, which, in turn, will cause the prices to remain high.

I suppose it all depends on what people use them for.

It used to be a good personal transport between planets and I know a few are still using them. I suppose the biggest group buying them now will be the pirates but as it takes a while for the tt value to drop the numbers buying will not increase.

It's a shame really as space could have been a great system if more people had access to it, with hundreds or thousands of ships moving between planets. I guess what really spoiled it was MA's effort to make their investment opportunities worth something. They opened it to the masses and then slammed the door in their faces and went for instant cash.

What's next, the stations being sold off?

Last edited:
just take a look here
http://www.entropiabay.com/auctionitemlist.asp?CatID=9806
you can see how the price is changing over time, by planet, you can see how many successful an un successful offer there are, you can also SEE one by one those offer. OFC we have no the BO value because MA refuse to share with us those info.
DC

Last edited:
The only reason quad wings have any 'stability' is because certain avatars buy them all up when they drop in price and then relist them for more.

The only reason quad wings have any 'stability' is because certain avatars buy them all up when they drop in price and then relist them for more.

Yup, the prices should drop a lot more in order to get more players into space. The blueprints for these drop so much to craft them because they are meant to be cheap for PvP. People are supposed to be burning through them fast and not caring about them decaying. That will only happen once the price fixers stop. They could be the death of the other planets almost as much as MA increasing the time to travel.:rolleyes:

I do feel that i must point out, If you fly a Quad AND IF you are looking to kill some one in space... IF you see a Quad, maybe you attack, MAYBE you keep looking.

IF you see a Sleip, you attack with no question...

On average, Quads pilots answer my questions, "Would you attack a Sleip in space?" 99% is YES
Same Pilot asked, "Would you attack another Quad?" 80-90% say probably not.

IMHO Conclusion, Quad grants you much safe trip planet to planet over the Sleip... Do not get me wrong, interplanetary travel is POSSIBLY with the Sleip BUT one must plan there trip much more carefully.

well, last time i questioned quad price they were selling for 2500 ped , and twin maffia told me that NEVER EVER WILL THEY SELL BELOW 2500 PED.

patience my friend.... patience

cheers

ermik

It will happen same as it happened to the gungnir (helicopter)

In the beginning it was 7k+%
Then it dropped to 3k%
Then 2700%
Now it's 350%?!

That's lower than a VTOL, yet it's much better :)

Matter of time before the quads will go lower as well.

Yep, also keep in mind we know MA is putting new vehicles up for sale for mission tokens in next release, so that will likely intro new cool stuff and bring the quad prices into level of reasonableness, I am guessing at around 200-250% or so.

I guess what really spoiled it was MA's effort to make their investment opportunities worth something. They opened it to the masses and then slammed the door in their faces and went for instant cash.

It's a big mistake on the part of MA not to care about the players, and not listening to them, finally not treating EU primarily as a game for entertainment.

They'll drop for sure.

So the Quad was originally named the "medium fighter", so we can expect the small & large fighters in the future.

Back