Question

BBpunisher

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
BB BB Punisher
Why don't mobs take damage when falling down hills/cliffs? Should be more realistic when they run off the edge of a cliff to attack right?

Well if you can come up with a realistic and good way to balance that so no one can exploit it... :silly2:

Why don't mobs take damage when falling down hills/cliffs? Should be more realistic when they run off the edge of a cliff to attack right?

Think they did at first when the falling damage was introduced. Since the mobs fall from the sky when they spawn they were all taking full health damage and appeared to not be spawning any more. :laugh:

if you can find the answer, maybe we can figure out why the foul spawn at EOS is inside of the water someday?

I had a bunch of papoo on NI follow me over a cliff. I took damage and they all died. That was about 3 weeks ago.

I had a bunch of papoo on NI follow me over a cliff. I took damage and they all died. That was about 3 weeks ago.

LOL I need to test this :laugh:

Well if you can come up with a realistic and good way to balance that so no one can exploit it... :silly2:

>50% Mob damage from fall == No Loot Similar to drowning and turrets
X<50% Mob damage from fall == X% Less dropped items/loot.

Pretty simple if you ask me.

sooner you stop compare that game to reality, faster u get fun from it :)....that advice is serius, this is only game

sooner you stop compare that game to reality, faster u get fun from it :)....that advice is serius, this is only game

Oh the game is always fun no matter whether you compare it to reality or not but the design of the game is meant to be realistic and its hard to do that when its so easy to find exploits when certain realist points are put into a very complex system.

>50% Mob damage from fall == No Loot Similar to drowning and turrets
X<50% Mob damage from fall == X% Less dropped items/loot.

Pretty simple if you ask me.

Yeah... except a few things:

1) If they then get 51% or more damage, the person might still have to kill the mob, getting screwed over because he has to kill it and gets no loot.

2) For the person to get x% less loot, the game has to remember/send/calculate all that for when the loot is created (which happens at the moment of looting), creating extra server load.

3) It would make it harder to hunt as you wouldn't be able to tag a mob that is standing above a cliff without risking the scenario of having to kill the mob without getting loot. You would therefore have to avoid mountains and cliffs to a much bigger extent.

Hmmm thats all I can think of right now :dunno:

I'd rather them fix the horrific AI before they start making it even more annoying by adding mob fall damage.

I'd rather them fix the horrific AI before they start making it even more annoying by adding mob fall damage.

This a very rough outline. :D

AI and Aggro Changes
Aggro: 6 Sense divisions for creatures: Sight, Sound, Smell, Mental sense, and Predator sense
Physical touch should auto aggro most creatures.
Sight would have a conical aggro with closer creatures within sight range of creature raising aggro faster or more like to gain aggro.
Sound would have a round area effect with running and shooting at other creatures causing more sound, and high agi, athleticism and the like cause a decrease in the likelihood of gaining aggro.
Smell would also have an area effect with aggro growing slowly over time as you continue staying within their area of smell.
Mental sense the use of ME chips attracts these creatures very fast with high gains aggro (ME skill related sensitivity).
Predator sense these creature hunt the weakest prey first and usually auto aggro anything within a specific range. Often times with a combination of other senses.
AI: Currently I only have 3 AI mentalities that i can think of Pack Solo Herd
Pack: Usually together, sometimes loosely, oftens time hitting one or another will auto aggro nearby pack members.
Solo: Fight or Flight subdivision
Herd: Usually a large group, usually together, attacking a stray member of the herd outside of its group will have a percentage chance of running back into the herd and a percentage chance of charging the attacker; attacking a member within the herd will...most likely get you killed.

yep... trying to develop a blog for that too.

Why? When the player "makes a mistake," it's pure profit for MA. Why should they make it fair?

Back in v8-9, you could waste ammo by hitting a small stone in front of the mob, or shoot your teammates in the back of the head. If you had the buffer on, you would waste an extra shot after the mob died.

Back