Radio Stations not working

SoftHart

Elite
Society
Skillin' Villains
Softhart
None of the stations are working for me.:scratch2:

Yes Soft seems the radio server is down.

I'm on MSN chat with 711 ... he said that there's nothing wrong with the server ... and reports are in that people all over the world are having an issue of some sort. I haven't been able to get into the radio server since last night, and I also spent over an hour with my ISP today at 3 levels of tech support, and they can see nothing wrong on our end whatsoever.

Well none of them ever worked for me, not on Firefox, IE, Safari, Google Chroome.
I tried a couple of times with a few months in between... I gave up =)
(on 2 different computers!)
Win 7
Win XP HE
Win XP Prof

All of the EntropiaForum and EntropiaRadio servers are working just fine for me. I have also confirmed that this is the case for people in Sweden and Denmark.

There appears to be a widescale internet routing problem in certain countries at the moment, impacting access to some websites.

Not sure how all this works on the back end.. there are allot of web radio stations out there who all seem to workout just fine.

Isn't it much easier to have a direct link for WMP, winAmp, QuickTime ?

I'm on MSN chat with 711 ... he said that there's nothing wrong with the server ... and reports are in that people all over the world are having an issue of some sort. I haven't been able to get into the radio server since last night, and I also spent over an hour with my ISP today at 3 levels of tech support, and they can see nothing wrong on our end whatsoever.

The world is coming to an end the Aliens are shutting down the Internet first!!! :eek:

Where are the space pirates??? Save the satellites!!

Not sure how all this works on the back end.. there are allot of web radio stations out there who all seem to workout just fine.

Isn't it much easier to have a direct link for WMP, winAmp, QuickTime ?

There are direct links ... at least this is what people are being told to put into their media players, and everything has worked just fine up until last night. For many around the world ... there is no access to the Entropia Radio server whatsoever.

mms://www.entropiaradio.com/mindstar

mms://www.entropiaradio.com/atlashaven

mms://www.entropiaradio.com/jamhot

Also ... Denmark and Sweden are only 2 countries who don't seem to have any issues, but all over Europe and the US, there are major issues.

If it was me I'd be checking for a DoS Synflood attack on the Gamer HQ site as a number of other sites for another RCE game has suffered these since the weekend and GHQ has pages devoted to the same game.

GHQ isn't loading for me atm, but don't listen to the radio stations.

I'm sure the data centres would be adequately protected against such but worth mentioning.

If it was me I'd be checking for a DoS Synflood attack on the Gamer HQ site as a number of other sites for another RCE game has suffered these since the weekend and GHQ has pages devoted to the same game.

GHQ isn't loading for me atm, but don't listen to the radio stations.

I'm sure the data centres would be adequately protected against such but worth mentioning.

If it were a DDos attack, then the servers would be overloaded and the sites would not be working for anyone, not just certain regions or countries. In fact, we wouldn't be able to have this conversation on EF about the situation. ;)

In any case, all of my servers are in top quality datacenters that have very robust protection against such attacks. Denial of Service attacks are not what is causing some members to be unable to connect to EntropiaRadio.

As I said before, the connection issues are being caused by an internet-wide DNS/routing issue, not a problem with any of my servers.

There are also reports that World of Warcraft servers are entirely unavilable to UK players at the moment.

I tried to connect to JamHot .. and got denied !!

I swear .. it wasn't me.

Good luck figuring it out 711 =)

Hello,

the only way i can connect to EF or any other website like the AHr one etc is via proxy.

I spoke to my ISP and they were about as clear as mud.
Obviously Desire will not be on air tonight and any other DJ for AHR having the same issues wont either.

I guess ill be back when its fixed..

I think David is on air for AHR right now.
If you cannot hear it then i have no idea how you will be able to untill who ever needs to fix it does..

Maybe someone typed google into google and broke it..
I dunno..

But untill its done..
See ya soon folks!

Hopefully it wont be so silent for long.

I was speaking with MS9 about the issues and she said that twitchie is streaming so for those that can hear MSR then you have the jukebox their.

And also AHR has David on as a live DJ right now.

So for those who can hear it you have that.

For those who dont... Read a book?

ttyl

Sap.

no sound too:mad:
Czech.Rep Central Europe

Thing is ... I can connect to every other site on the internet with no problems whatsoever. I also have the 20mg turbo service with my ISP as well, and the speed test worked out perfect. However, even though I am connecting with EF, it's at dial-up speed, and I cannot connect with the Entropia Radio site whatsoever ... I get the message that the address is unknown. I tested the GamersHQ site as well, even though I don't use that site, and I get the same message, so ... it has to do with routing to the servers that host those sites, and not sure why it's just those servers, because for a while, I couldn't get into EF either, nor could some others from around the world, but ... I have no other issues surfing the net AT all.

This is just strange! :rolleyes:

its very strange indeed i acn get on EF on our second pc but cannot stream to the server on the other pc nothign nada somthign has gone wrong as world of warcraft, afterworld are all down and i was told youtube was down earlier too

Hopefully this gets sorted soon and we can all egt back to normal again

Just a matter of waiting and checkign if there is any news abotu what may have happened

Desire xx

Thing is ... I can connect to every other site on the internet with no problems whatsoever.

Correction: you have been able to connect to every other site that you tested. I doubt that you have tried to connect to 'every other site on the internet'.

Point being, it is quite possible that there are other sites/servers for which you would experience similar connection issues, you just have not tried connecting to those. Thus, it is inaccurate to state that this is an issue affecting 'only' my servers. As I mentioned, I have seen reports that the entire United Kingdom cannot connect to the WoW servers due to the current routing problems. Thus, it is not an isolated problem affecting only my servers or my web host.

By all appearances, this is a worldwide internet routing and/or DNS resolution problem that is affecting certain countries/regions/ISPs.

For example, some people in Sweden have no problems whatsoever, while some others (probably using a different ISP) are having connection issues.

I also have the 20mg turbo service with my ISP as well, and the speed test worked out perfect.

Connection speed is irrelevant to these routing/DNS issues.

However, even though I am connecting with EF, it's at dial-up speed, and I cannot connect with the Entropia Radio site whatsoever ... I get the message that the address is unknown. I tested the GamersHQ site as well, even though I don't use that site, and I get the same message, so ...

GamersHQ and EF are hosted on the same web server, so it makes little sense that one would work and the other not. The fact that GHQ isn't working for you and you do not visit it very often points to a DNS caching issue (something controlled exclusively by your ISP), not a problem with the server itself.

AAAHHHHHHH no sound
AHHHHHHHHH no sound
AHHHHH starting to be MAD
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9E-9S2IZXY[/YOUTUBE]

ISP's need 24 to 48 hours to update everywhere. Guessing something got changed that just needs time to catch up around the world.

well by the looks of it everything is back to normal now :yay::yay:

Desire xx

ahhhh the world is safe again :woot::banana:

Well now ... my purple ass is conscious again, and it looks like the world has come to its senses, so all is cool.

To 711 ... thank you for your responses, they are appreciated. Technically, you are correct, there are a lot of places on the net that I don't visit, and perhaps I should have been more clear in my comment. I tested all of my bookmarks, which is quite a hefty list, and I was able to get to those websites without any issues whatsoever, so not sure why it was just EF and Entropia Radio that I had the issue with. I don't play WoW or AfterWorld, but I actually tested the WoW main site and didn't have an issue with that either, so not sure what the deal was.

Anyway ... we're back on track, and that's a good thing. Hopefully we won't run into this issue again, but we know how the worldwide thingy stuff works, and we shouldn't hold our breaths. :D

Can't Get Enropia Radio Working on 1 provider

I am lucky to have 2 internet connections to my house. I have both DSL and Cable. I have no problems with DSL connecting to Entropia Radio, but on Cable (of course the faster connection) my media players just say "Connecting....." I also phoned my Cable provider to see if it was something on there end, but I Was able to play any other streams (that I could think of ) through my cable, just not entropia radio. :scratch2:

Hope we can find an answer to the problem.

Last edited:
Back