Random Choppy Gameplay problem

Dynamic_G

Young
I have an annoying problem while playing Entropia.

About once an hour when playing the Graphics suddenly get very choppy when the avatar moves. If I log off and restart the game I will still have the problem. If I reboot the computer the problem is fixed for another hour or so and I can continue to play.

I have recently played COD 4 and Crysis with no graphic problems at all.

The computer is a Dual Core AMD3800
Graphics card: GeForce 7800GT
Ram: 2G

EU has a fairly large leak which can cause this. 2GB sounds like plenty though, but check what else you might having running at the same time. Check to see what physical memory is in use when you hit that choppy patch (task manager).

Id also look to see if you are running a website in the background with dodgy pooly coded flash ads. they can cycle somtimes so that might be it too.

I get the same thing, eventually leading to a CTD.

I have 4gb Ram.
3.2Ghz Dual Core
8800GT Ultra 768 MB
Asus Croffire MoBo

I am running 64Bit Vista Ultimate.

I get the same issues with XP, XP64 and with Vista 32bit.

So it is not my operating system, it must be the coding / networking from MA

Last edited:
I would liek to bump up this thread.. It will be interesting to see how many others are experiencing this problem. I guess there really aren't many of us thus far, but if you were in our shoes you would see that it really is a major problem.

also what operating systems are you all using? I am using 64bit XP

I'm running a 32 bit version of XP

i had almost the exact same setup as you had before with the 7800 GT. I then upgraded to the 8800 GTS and noticed no difference... I also have 2 GB of ram... I am trying to figure out why specifically this is happening to us when many others are having no problems at all.. And it's not like we are running an incompatible operating system like vista. Does anyone know of any system scanner or memory leak finder type program that is freeware? I have been looking around but no luck yet.. There was one other person ingame saying they were having this problem as well. It is not only super annoying, it gives me a killer headache and makes pvp near impossible.

i had almost the exact same setup as you had before with the 7800 GT. I then upgraded to the 8800 GTS and noticed no difference...

Bummer!

It is strange. I spent about 6 hours playing EU yesterday, got some spare time at the moment, and only had to reboot once.

I know what you mean about unplayable. When you look at the screen when its choppy it feels like it going to screw my vision up and trigger some kind of fit. I find its better just to reboot and start again than to try to keep going.

I did update my video drivers just b4 or just after installing EU.

They were the latest Nvidia forceware drivers.

169.21_forceware_win_xp_32bit_english_whql.exe

Maybe a conlict here somewhere but i would have thought having the latest drivers would be a good thing.

I'm running a 7900GS and I sometimes get random polygons shooting out from either participants or mobs which reach out to infinite... this makes hunting some hard to see mobs great but is mostly annoying... I also get disappearing polygons, weird landscapes that morph colours to look like a chess board... very annoying when that happens...

I put it down to a heat issue as it seems ok if I don't play for a little while...

Oh, and when these problems start, when I quit out of EU, it crashes... sometimes I can recover, most of the time it requires a hard reboot...

Random polygon stretch pic here:

you still having the same problems dynamic_g? I have not been able to resolve any of these issues so i will once again bump these threads to see if anyone has any suggestions to help us out. THx for any help!

Back