ranking points

Society
Titans of Space
John Black Knight
Since there seems to be a 'softcap' in place with the ranking points to avoid players to advance beyond a certain limit within one season, may i suggest to just add 2 or 3 zeros at the end of the point scores and have an exponential decline in point gains the closer one gets to the softcap in place.
This allows to give players positive points at all times for winning and allows them to keep working towards the top ranking spot instead of getting demotivated by negative ranking points given for winning as it currently is.

As Long it is beta, it doesn't matter for me. But for sure, I wouldn't spend a single $ for PEDs there, when winning is the same like losing. This issue has been addressed already 2 weeks ago, where Kim commented, that there is no such issue(losing Points when winning).

So why we do lose Points when we are winning fights?!?:scratch2:

I think i have figured out the range in which you can battle now - its the people from the devisionrange +-1.
This means currently the top ranked most active betatesters - get to choose from about 13 people spread over all timezones - no wonder you hardly can ever find someone to fight with.
The most active players shouldnt get cut out from being active - lower level players should just get a popup during their search when they cant find someone in their range asking if they would like to search for higher ranked players - or maybe have it as an extended searchoption to tick a checkbox 'include players of all ranks'.

Last edited:
as long as the pet level is in range why would you bother filtering the ranking points of a player? their possible pet strength is the same anyway...

also i have to say that the first look on the game positively suprised me. but after a mere 3 weeks or whatever now i have to say that im not surpised at all anymore... the bugs and criticism gets treated in a typical MA way of doing stuff wrong and not listening to the community. and when i look at the last statements, especially considering the currency, then this game is dead before it even started. i dont think that compet will have a regular player base of more than 1000 players.

Kim's statement was clear. We should not lose ranking points while winning. The issue is known & hope solved next beta version otherwise I'll not pay any more minute from my time.

Concerning actual ranking, that's fine... We all are playing against same bug :)

I wouldnt have minded all the bugs - that belongs to betatesting and i enjoy figuring them out and giving feedback.
But they started 'rewarding' 'lucky' players based on a bugged ranking score which they ignore to comment on that they have received the feedback - instead of those who put the most effort in testing and give them the most feedback.
Its really discouraging that way.

If you have feedback that your score system is flawed, you check it out and dont just go ahead with it.

I wouldnt have minded all the bugs - that belongs to betatesting and i enjoy figuring them out and giving feedback.
But they started 'rewarding' 'lucky' players based on a bugged ranking score which they ignore to comment on that they have received the feedback - instead of those who put the most effort in testing and give them the most feedback.
Its really discouraging that way.

If you have feedback that your score system is flawed, you check it out and dont just go ahead with it.

I fully agree. At this time it does not even feel like I am Beta testing. Just playing a highly buggy game.

Deafening silence is the term that comes to mind.

Back