Regarding Lasers/scopes, we want an answer now!

Give us the info we need MA

• We as a community need to be informed, and that now

Votes: 126 74.6%
  • We cain wait for the information

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • I'm an EFD whore, gimme efd!!

Votes: 28 16.6%

• Total voters
Where is the option in this poll "i dont care about numbers i prefer to have red DOT when laser sight is on "

No such option, since clearly its a lie!:silly2:

They don't have to tell you shit. That doesn't mean I agree with them, but in all games there are some thing that forever remain a mystery to the players, thats part of the game. Deal with it.

There's perhaps some truth to that, but it doesn't really apply here. There are specific stats on lasers and sights which indicate they serve a certain purpose which all testing results so far suggest they do not. At best that's very misleading, I don't think it's unreasonable to request an answer on this.

Where is the option in this poll "i prefer to play instead of complain" :confused:

Is that a complaint?

What if the boost translates as extra chance of a good hit, or a non-miss at least, on Mobs that are at a certain range, or near your maximum range?

JC? JimmyB? You can test stuff better than most. Any ideas?

Its possible, and shouldn't be too hard to test, maybe in a manner similar to the way you suggest. Testing these things is much easier now with the chat logger. Anyone can perform the test, even if they need others to interpret the results.

I do remember various tests done in the past which suggested pretty strongly that damage was uniformly distributed about min/max though, which wouldn't fit well with your theory.

Voted gimme EFD but would like to know what is up with attachments as well.

Not sure if it helps any... but I've been playing for about 3 years now off and on, and just recently came back to the game a bit over 2 months ago.

A friend of mine swears by his single Abrer Laser Sight, saying he's sure it doesn't do anything, but he only gets globals with it on.

So, I went and bought my single Abrer, and almost instantly later I got my first global, and another two several days later... this after nothing since 2008. (You can look me up on Entropia Tracker)

On the other hand, I've had a Jzar scope for a while now and have seen no difference in anything with or without it besides decay.

What do you guys think?

Jup, I want an answer from MA too...:)

Just an update...

Earlier today I got a 66 ped and a 142 ped global from Atrox... of course with my Abrer equipped.

On a side note... I have yet to loot anything with a "high" mu. I'm not sure if that's significant or not.

Just an update...

Earlier today I got a 66 ped and a 142 ped global from Atrox... of course with my Abrer equipped.

On a side note... I have yet to loot anything with a "high" mu. I'm not sure if that's significant or not.

I got over 650 globals without any scope or laser sight, what does that tell you ?! :D
In certain situations it can happen, that you get a global sooner because of a higher decay, but this does not work allways, most of the times it can happen that you lose more because of higher decay.
A global is only a sign, that you lost too much to the system and it gave you a payback

Another thing with scopes, not what this thread is about tho but still would like to hear what people think.

Lately it zoom out on itself if you left it still watching some mob or other thing, why have they made such a change?
I liked to be able to watch a mob until the one I wanted was in line of sight, and also for screenshot/movie purposes.

I am interested as a crafter of lasers and scopes. Currently, they seem to sell okay. Not terrific high M/U, but almost sure to sell. This tells me that many people think either they do have some effect or that many people just think they look cool. If the word comes out that they truly have little or no effect, I expect sales and M/U would go down, and we would quit crafting them.

That's why I use them. Because they look cool :yay:

And I like the scope because I can see further distance and tell if someone is bombing/probing way off at my radar edge. Now if they'd just give my avatar an argo I'd be very happy indeed.:silly2:

Back