Question: Regular auction transport, where does it go?

Magnus Mag

Old Alpha
Society
GSA HQ
Magnus Mag Ogg
Hi,
if i order something via auction from another planet and choose regular transport, after 12 hours it arrives at storage.
If i leave the planet and fly to another planet within those 12 hours, will it be placed in the storage on the planet i ordered the item or the new planet?
Anyone knows?
Thank you!

I can be super quick to respond that I don't know... but I have wondered about it too, so thanks.

After VU 15.1, buyers will have three options when winning an auction that was listed from a planet that differs from that of the buyer:

1. Pickup at Origin - Items won from auction will be placed into the buyer’s inventory on the planet of origin (the planet where the auction was created). Buyer must then travel to the planet of origin to retrieve the items from storage.
  2. Normal Delivery - Items won from auction will be transported to the buyer’s storage at the buyer’s current location after a specified period of time (TBD, approximately 1-4 hours). This option will incur a small transport fee, based on the weight of the items to be transported.
  3. Instant Delivery - Items won from auction will be transported immediately to the buyer’s storage at the buyer’s current location. This option will incur the same transport fee as Normal Delivery, along with an extra convenience fee.

The transport fees collected for the Normal and Instant Delivery options will be held in a special transport fee pool. In a subsequent Version Update, transport missions will be made available that can be claimed by spaceship pilots via a queue system that incorporates the available transport fee pool, pilot skills, time limitations, and ship cargo capacities.

Originally Posted Here

:tiphat:

Sneaky. I know what you are trying to do, but I don’t think it works like that. It will go to the storage of the planet you are on when paying the fee.

However, if you want to wait 12 months, place the bid, win the item, but don’t collect it. In 12 months time the item will be delivered to your carried inventory free of charge, no matter where you are. Safe from those pesky pirates. And only 12 months wait time. Bargain.

Sneaky. I know what you are trying to do, but I don’t think it works like that. It will go to the storage of the planet you are on when paying the fee.
nothing sneaky about it, i really don't know what you mean, enlighten me...
i could also buy the item directly on the planet i need without pirate interaction and wait

1. Normal Delivery - Items won from auction will be transported to the buyer’s storage at the buyer’s current location after a specified period of time (TBD, approximately 1-4 hours). This option will incur a small transport fee, based on the weight of the items to be transported.
:tiphat:
i read this, but the info is obviously outdated (1-4 hours, it is exact 12 hours today) so i will not blindly believe what they wrote there and looking for first hand experience.

and what happens if i am in space at that moment?

Last edited:
I could check with something on Caly expired to transfer next time I go from say, Cyrene to NI, but I've never bothered so far, otherwise I'd know and say. I imagine we can get someone to say here faster ...

It will arrive to the planet where you paid the fee, as mentioned earlier. :) If you sell something and
it will not be sold but be expired, same thing there, could collect it elsewhere, e.g sell Lyst at Caly,
no one buys it, you go to NI and look at Caly auction for Won, click it and pay the fee, it will arrive
at NI 12h later. Or instantly if you go for that choice, and its perfectly fine to do so according to MA
so no worries about breaking some rule. :)

It will arrive to the planet where you paid the fee, as mentioned earlier. :) If you sell something and
it will not be sold but be expired, same thing there, could collect it elsewhere, e.g sell Lyst at Caly,
no one buys it, you go to NI and look at Caly auction for Won, click it and pay the fee, it will arrive
at NI 12h later. Or instantly if you go for that choice, and its perfectly fine to do so according to MA
so no worries about breaking some rule. :)
ok, thank you, good to know

this was an interesting tidbit

"The transport fees collected for the Normal and Instant Delivery options will be held in a special transport fee pool. In a subsequent Version Update, transport missions will be made available that can be claimed by spaceship pilots via a queue system that incorporates the available transport fee pool, pilot skills, time limitations, and ship cargo capacities."

15.1 was almost 10 years ago (Dec 2014 afaik)

was this ever implemented? or did those fees just go to MA?

never implemented, so sad. i think would have been a cool feature and give space a deeper meaning.

JBK has been one of the only vocal ones about the special transport fee pool over the many years.
I believe the above was part of the original statement. A subsequent one changed the wording to only being 'most' of the transport fees going into the pool I think it was, but as we know, nothing at all has happened and the pool should be Atlantic in size by now for those transport missions we never got.

Hi,
if i order something via auction from another planet and choose regular transport, after 12 hours it arrives at storage.
If i leave the planet and fly to another planet within those 12 hours, will it be placed in the storage on the planet i ordered the item or the new planet?
Anyone knows?
Thank you!
Good question. I'm sure this has already been answered, but it will arrive in any PSU on the planet you were on when you made the order. There's no way the EU system can know which planet you want to go to afterwards,

was this ever implemented? or did those fees just go to MA?
When you pay for delivery, MA sits into their sleip and deliver item for you, therefore they take the fee. They travel safe through space, because they have stars on their heads.

Back