Suggestion: remove auction fees for items that dont sell.

The system as it is setup now is slow and inefficient. It needs to be brought up to date. They can make both storefront owners and auction users happy. Along with the rest of this game they need to take it off of mostly autopilot.

Deemer, I see that you use English words, but as much as I try, you just don't make any sense to me in pretty much all of your posts. Sorry. It may be a translation thing, or my lack of IQ, I dunno. I tried.

There are 10 types of people who can correctly say "I love tomatoes" in their language and those who would make a different dish with this tomato, regardless of their country. I understand your pain and I feel empathy, but to help you be more specific. My teacher was Master Yoda, who showed me that the path of thought has more power than pronunciation, so i would try if you wish.

I am not the only one who does not like speculation and manipulation in trade. The shrinking market and its restriction depend only on the MA and until this is remedied, only resellers who do not pay taxes or fees will benefit from this trade. So it will be fairer if there is a change in trade. Now just read the title of the topic, it's not that complicated.

Speaking with deliberate obscurity and ridiculous analogies does not prove intelligence or superiority, it actually displays rudeness. Instead of a clear conversation people are left wondering what is actually being said. Probably the majority of users of this forum (and the game) do not speak English as their native language. Could you therefore please make statements short simple and avoid obfuscation. If you feel I am also falling into this trap, trust me it is deliberate, to prove that you are not the only person capable of words with 3 or more syllables.

Now if you want to play an RCE then you have to accept the trading practices of real life, real trade, and sadly speculation and manipulation are always going to be there. Outright market manipulation is already against the EULA and should be reported. Re-selling is not generally market manipulation it is simply a player trying to take a fast buck. If they over-price their items, they will not sell, they will lose their fee, and the fee therefore works to help discourage the more extreme attempts to speculate.

Speaking with deliberate obscurity and ridiculous analogies does not prove intelligence or superiority, it actually displays rudeness. Instead of a clear conversation people are left wondering what is actually being said. Probably the majority of users of this forum (and the game) do not speak English as their native language. Could you therefore please make statements short simple and avoid obfuscation. If you feel I am also falling into this trap, trust me it is deliberate, to prove that you are not the only person capable of words with 3 or more syllables.

Now if you want to play an RCE then you have to accept the trading practices of real life, real trade, and sadly speculation and manipulation are always going to be there. Outright market manipulation is already against the EULA and should be reported. Re-selling is not generally market manipulation it is simply a player trying to take a fast buck. If they over-price their items, they will not sell, they will lose their fee, and the fee therefore works to help discourage the more extreme attempts to speculate.

You're wrong about my posts, I'm not trying to stand out with intellect at all, I'm just answering the nonsense properly. If I had written go fuck, a moderator would clean the message before it was read. On the contrary, read his comment again. I just don't care about this handful of people who seem to be thinking about something more.

In most of the topics, people speak half-heartedly, half out of self-interest, and the other half out of ambiguity. After all, it is a game that we are constantly studying. And on this topic, no matter how many suggestions are given as an example, they will not be vetoed by the game owner. Maybe that's why my comments seem similar to you... I'm just dissatisfied with all this and this is my personal position.

An auction is a commercial bidding tool, but when there is more than one item, this tool loses its meaning, because no one bids for a particular item when it is repeated 100 times, you will rather choose the cheapest one, right? Therefore, it is meaningless for most items. It would even be much more logical if the rare items that are repeated are on a waiting list - without knowing how many more there are or if there are. And there is no place for items like skins and oils.

Even store owners determine the price of an item according to the Auction trends, so you have more options, such as changing the prices according to the current trend without fees or commissions. But you also fall under this dependence, because no one will buy an item if your prices are higher than the market and even more so when it is much more convenient to buy quickly and easily from the Auction .. you would even lose a regular customer if he sees that your current price is 2% higher.

And what is my option as a new player who sees no point in buying a shop at the end of Calypso, where there will be 2 visitors a year.. chat channels?

Even if we assume that all this is within comprehensibility and everyone uses it for its intended purpose, in fact the Auction is used to buy items at 100% to be resold in a chat channel, shops or again in the auction at the lowest price. I don't like the last, because it undermines the mark-up for which I play twice. This directly affects my trading, which goes through the Auction and I pay fees for each item.

The game currently launches resellers the most, and mostly those with secondary family accounts benefit, who sweat or refreshing the AH button in the auction for 100% prices all day and spam the trade chat while the same person plays with their main account. Here only MA can tell their number by comparing it by IP address, but they are handcuffed, because those players can immediately give the data to their wife, husband, children, father... this not only reflects on the market at the moment, but again, it directly affects my trading and discriminates me against the basic rule of one account.

Not to mention how many people are used to this trade to the extent that they have 'professional webs' for sell/buy list in Wix or on a simple list of excel in google and this is normal? No, it's not. In civilization, taxes and fees are paid, and just to avoid such unfair practices, before you become a legitimate trader you are bound by a bunch of legal frameworks. So in order to have a store in Sweden, I have to have status there, and if I buy goods from China but sell them in Sweden behind commercial law, there will probably be severe penalties against me, right? Here the opposite happens, those who bypass the rules take advantage of the weakness of the game the most. Many things can be improved in the game, it is an ongoing process, but the trade must be considered and restructured.

Even if I had all the teleports and the shops were right next to them, it would still take me hours to find what I needed. And this is also not normal for a planet like Calypso. Even in Monria, a tower takes more than an hour... and as I mentioned in the previous post, there are only 6 new shops for the whole planet, it looks like a joke in the picture of 10k players.

All trade in the EU does not work as intended, rather the negative sides are much more than the idea that the MA has built, and if this works for you then you are from the minority with deep pockets that do not mind waiting 2 months or more about selling an item.

With rough bills, on average for a profit of 200 ped, I pay fees in the auction around 1000 or more. So we are not talking about the fee of 50 pecs, but from the final fee that is taken even if the item is not sold. Because the majority has adapted to family accounts for spam and recommend this adaptation in any such topic. This trade is not normal and needs to change to be more competitive with resellers. The least they can do is refund the fees, but that's not enough at all.

I understand well the points you have ticked, but the reality at the moment is that trade is stifled by interests and shrunk by choice... this is not a free market, but a primitive analogue of trade.

Last edited:
Return auction fees if item does not sell. Everyone is saying "omg the auction will be horribly manipulated with unrealistic prices if the fees are removed". Guys, the auction is already filled with unrealistic prices and manipulation. Most people avoid it altogether and sell their worthwhile items in the forums. If fees would be removed, we might finally see some better stuff listed on auction instead of overpriced crap. Save the shops you say ? Come on, 85% of the shops are useless, filled with adjusted pixie armor and jester d1s.

Return auction fees if item does not sell. Everyone is saying "omg the auction will be horribly manipulated with unrealistic prices if the fees are removed". Guys, the auction is already filled with unrealistic prices and manipulation. Most people avoid it altogether and sell their worthwhile items in the forums. If fees would be removed, we might finally see some better stuff listed on auction instead of overpriced crap. Save the shops you say ? Come on, 85% of the shops are useless, filled with adjusted pixie armor and jester d1s.
If 85% of shops are already useless then what will happen to the remaining 15% that are tirelessly run by dedicated individuals? Who will compensate them for their now obsolete investment to the newly superior auction system? Shops need to have an edge to justify their investment cost. If you remove the fees then the only thing going for them is more item points, and the ability to sell pets, pills and shrapnel. I don’t find that much of a benefit.
With one change you kill any late game aspirations of many who wish to delve into this sector.
We aught to make shops more attractive to entice the 85% to better manage them, not kill it off completely.

If 85% of shops are already useless then what will happen to the remaining 15% that are tirelessly run by dedicated individuals? Who will compensate them for their now obsolete investment to the newly superior auction system? Shops need to have an edge to justify their investment cost. If you remove the fees then the only thing going for them is more item points, and the ability to sell pets, pills and shrapnel. I don’t find that much of a benefit.
With one change you kill any late game aspirations of many who wish to delve into this sector.
We aught to make shops more attractive to entice the 85% to better manage them, not kill it off completely.

I'm not sure what kind of killing you're talking about, as there are more items in the forum than the Auction and with simple search you will find what you need and you can directly to PM the author in the game to avoid the auction fees.

On the other hand, it is not difficult to build a shopping center, through which to indicate the shop where the items are.. to be easier to find. And like planetary transport, you have the choice to pick up the item yourself free of charge or to save time and pay 50 pecs or 1 ped to pick it up right now which has already been calculated in the final price. On the other hand, players without shops are limited by a place in the same market and limited by this privilege. This would in no way affect the competition for the final price, but would increase the number of visitors to the current shops.

Listing each item in the game would lead to more variety, which can only increase the interest of craftsmen for more non-standard items from Minig. For example, a shop in RT with non-standard goods... My laptop crashed at the entrance out of abundance, and most of the items are non-standard decorations. You can spin there for half an hour and still miss some item. But if you are looking for decoration for your apartment, you can find your way around much more easily by looking at the list where all these items are.

These crafters understand the game much better than most players and increasing their turnover can also increase the demand for a variety of items that are currently TT food.

Therefore, in my opinion, the exact opposite would happen. Diverse trading with another trading structure would increase interest in new investments of current dead shops, because many people have many items that are very difficult to sell at the moment.

The specificity of the Shops would keep the mark-up of a certain item, which currently has no place in the auction, and still be visible where it is and that there is such an item. It would also eliminate momentary speculation and manipulation, because many people sell their items for a long time in their shops and this would only be a wall for the next manipulation of any item.

All this can only increase the choice of items in Orders, where for Calypso they are very few, and for other planets it is completely absent.

Who sells an item 100%? And pay a fee for it? And are there items that are sold below these 100%? You may even need a minimum of 101-105%. because if you want your 100% of this item you can always sell it at the Terminal.

There are tons of topics for trading .. bonded items .. pills .. pops .. everything should be sold and be visible and easy to find in the game and not in the forum or other site. And this would not reduce the prices but would balance them, because those who sell at 100% do not have a budget as an investor who will not sell at 100%.

I think you're just used to the current mess and don't accept that something else can be built. Stop thinking of resellers as part of the game and you will quickly find a sense of a better trading environment. It's just that the current trading system is stifling the game by trade, that's is the truth.

This is a game and everything can be improved. Where is Jack Sparrow to make an adequate analysis?

No offence Katie, but I feel that you have not been around long enough to fully understand this mess. I began in 2010, and I still barely know what is going on. Shops will always be fine that have owners who take pride in them and keep them stocked with useful items. Oddly, most shop owners just assume that traffic will naturally be driven to their shops, and I believe some just use them as a kind of storage area. Compensate ? No one gets compensated properly for anything in Entropia Universe Katie. Welcome aboard.

refund auction fees if items dont sell.. or at least have it be 1 ped flat for auction listings that dont sell..

i think MA are making too much money from auction fees for having done absolutely nothing but ruin our market..

for one, i find it very difficult to sell loot or anything for that matter, very difficult because only thing ppl want are the nanocubes.

so im just suppose to go on wasting auctions fee and never say anything about how flawed this game can be?

i think they are getting too used to living off this broken game, sh1t has to change.

In the past there wasn't an auction fee (if I remember correctly, or either it was a fixed 1 ped but that also might have come later).
Nor was there a auction market graph.

Oh my, those were happy reselling days!!

In a growing up economy (at that time) you could litterally make shit tons of ped on the auction.
Just throw anything you had on auction, never caring about the price, just as high as possible.
Nobody cared if it didn't sell.

Even though it hurts my wallet as well, I'm against removing the auction fee now.
It regulates the auction listings, preventing people to just offer junk for ridiculous prices, ALL OF THE TIME.
It's keep the auction more free of to highly priced bullshit.

Also, what's the problem for paying for a service?
If you don't like the fee, just go shout around and sell it on the streets or buy a shop.
If you want convenience, what's wrong with paying for it?
Nobody forces you to use the auction.

You could maybe argue about the height of the fee. Maybe lower it a bit, but hell no, don't remove it!

No offence Katie, but I feel that you have not been around long enough to fully understand this mess. I began in 2010, and I still barely know what is going on. Shops will always be fine that have owners who take pride in them and keep them stocked with useful items. Oddly, most shop owners just assume that traffic will naturally be driven to their shops, and I believe some just use them as a kind of storage area. Compensate ? No one gets compensated properly for anything in Entropia Universe Katie. Welcome aboard.
You would be correct in your assumption, no offence taken. I'm not going to bullshit like I'm some veteran because I'm not, but I will state my opinion. This is certainly a polarising issue and I think we will continue to disagree on this.

I guess I just have the mentality of don't fix it if its not broke, now before you bite my head off I do realise the auction system could be vastly improved in other areas, but as far as the core mechanics go, and the fee structure, I don't have an issue dealing with it. Most of my stuff sells, I often always make up the auction fee (and then some) in the end price vs selling it privately. Overall I have a great time. The only trouble I see is the high end items which can take a few cycles to sell, but that's why its good to keep other trading options open, instead of having a catch all option. Sell it in your shop, your buddies shop on commission, the forums. trade channels, all good alternatives to which I have used with success.

As for the compensation remark. yeah it was rhetorical.

If anything, the exact contrary should happen. Remove/Return the fee when an item actually sells, it would encourage more sales and discourage listings of absurd prices. Personally I like it the way it currently is. I only wish the initial fee of 0.5 ped could be reduced to also encourage smaller quantities of low MU items to be listed, which is currently impossible.

many comments about shops and how unfair it would be to them and i agree shops are struggling even without this hypothetical change.. i feel MA needs to do more for shop owners, i think auction should have a SHOPS TAB where you can actually search for items to see whats available in shops so then you are able to buy goods from the shops standing at auctioneer as long as you're willing to pay the extra auction fee.. (this is for rare cases if shop is on another planet, its an extra convenience fee) or players have the option to walk to shop and buy there for shop price, i think this one is overdue..

...never caring about the price, just as high as possible.
Nobody cared if it didn't sell.

Just the first thought that came to my mind after reading this was about the 2.0 weapons now :p
And if everything else is bullshits let they be removed from the game, then we will all sell only 2.0 bullshits at godless prices :laugh:

The service is not performed, I do not understand why you think you have to pay for a service that is not completed.

The biggest problem comes precisely from the street trade that dominates this market. Give a better suggestions seems you have experience.

perhaps a compromise would be a possibility:
the fee splits in 2 parts right? fixed part, and flexible part based on MU

something like:
the fixed fee of 0.5ped is a goner every single time (=unrecoverable, paid)
the mu fee is recovered when unsold

Imagine MU has fallen greatly, now you have to wait untill it expires, and relist it.
what if we could change the SB/BO during the auction (when there are no bids yet)
this would require paying the fixed fee again (but not the flexible mu fee)

still... I don't like the 7days system, but I guess that's another topic

Last edited:
the fixed fee of 0.5ped is a goner every single time
the mu fee is recovered when unsold
This recreates the issue of people just keep listing stuff for ridiculous prices (as we had in ancient times).
Since it doesn't "hurt" anymore if it doesn't sell.

This recreates the issue of people just keep listing stuff for ridiculous prices (as we had in ancient times).
Since it doesn't "hurt" anymore if it doesn't sell.

perhaps, but when I look at auction, I see stuff being relisted at rediculous prices all the times, right now.

perhaps, but when I look at auction, I see stuff being relisted at rediculous prices all the times, right now.

Yes, indeed.
Now, imagine that, but then unlimited.
Is that what we want?

The "few" ridiculous listings are rare now, in comparison with the old system without fee.

And, let those few retards, who list a 10 ped item for 10k ped pay up the auction fee. I don't mind.
But an auction full of those listings can be quite annoying.

Please... there are all kinds of people and the example you give will always exist, but the biggest corrective are people who have a lot of capital in the game and jump on every illogical trust on the market. It is this majority that would balance the market of each item if they have this opportunity, because they know very well the value / risk for each item. If there is a hole somewhere, it will always be filled, neither at too high a price, nor at too low.

It is not 2005 now and there are many people with much more knowledge and experience than then and Zippo above has very well defined the current trade as autopilot, which is due to all these resellers who directly influence the final price by taking advantage of the margins, but without participating in them. Everyone else who does not want to participate in the gray economy is discriminated against by following the rules and morals. I would like to be able to be competitive in this market without being part of this gray economy.

Let people with Authority in its true form, and not the sarcastic one that reigns at the moment, have the opportunity for direct correction in this market. They currently remain in the background due to the inability to participate in real trade regulation. Only these people would change the look of the game if they had this opportunity, which at the moment seems deceptive and manipulated.

I don't think this topic is made for those 50 pecs, but for the main loss that is accrued after that, even though the item is not sold. At the core of which are again those street traders that you gave as an example in your previous post.

If there are people from MindArk who read these posts, please do not be fooled by the few comments in these topics. In the current state of trade, a reasonable person can only approach with sarcasm. Enable real investors by actively involving them in market regulation.

i feel the auction system is very outdated.

why does it cost 1 ped to place an order for 1 day? but costs me more than up to 60 ped to list an item for 1 day?

bump bump bump it up

I will probably be flamed but.....
i would love an hybrid system that makes in the AH pages ALSO the shop prices for a specific item
and if you want to hit that price, automatically AH adds 0.50 pec free and "teleport" the item from that shop, into your inventory and keep the 50 pec
That makes sveryone happy
shop runners can undercut and sell also if they got a remote booth in corinth shore that no one visit or in some toulan road
ma takes his 5 cents of a dollar so can buy 1/10th of a cup of coffee to some programmer so that he can develop something
buyer has a costant "best execution proce" like in financial market
some sort of "automaric arbitrage" that allow maximum competition for offering the best price
moreover
ANONYMIZE ah trades. i dont want to let someone know i hit his price, i dont care of who purchsed by me

Back