Renting out a Privateer

DeeDee

Prowler
Society
Entropia Pioneers
Dee Dee Deranged
I am considering letting my Privateer out for rent. It has no upgrades or any equipment installed.
Is there any problems to consider for me (or the renting pilot)?

//Dee

There are 3 levels of trust you can use to rent out a privateer/mothership,

1. Ultimate Trust - You give them the deed and they have 100% control of the ship, its guest list, and summon ability. (collateral recommended)

2. Short Term Trust - You give them the deed and they claim the ship at the Guest Terminal and return the deed to you within minutes. This allows them 100% control of the ship, its guest list, and summon ability with the exception that at any time you can enter the ship and reclaim it since you hold the deed. (collateral is also recommended for this, since they will hold the for a few minutes)

3. No Trust Needed - Give them Pilot rights only. You will need to add any pilots or guests to the list for them, but there is no risk involved to you the owner. (no collateral needed)

For the ship to be functional:

The Claimed owner needs to install an Energy Source and a Sub Warp drive or it will not be able to fly at all. For the guns to be functional an armament device needs to be installed, and for warp a warp drive installed.

Make sure you remove these devices and drives BEFORE you trade the ship, if you do not remove them, the person claiming it will not be able to see or use them and need to install their own. (If you forget and do trade it with them installed and they make them *dissapear* by claiming the ship, you can reverse the trade and claim it yourself and they will still be there for you to remove)

500SI is going to be your biggest issue.....
Pirates will shoot it down in just a couple of shots.
Mobs will eat through you pretty quickly as well if you try hunting or skilling Captain/Repair.

It wont cost you too much to get it up around 2k SI per section at which point you can hunt easily enough with a couple repair guys. This still wont help you with pirates any, but it will at least make them pay a couple ped to shoot you down.

My recommendation:

Upgrade the SI to at least 2k per section. If you hire Auktuma do the upgrading it should only cost you about 2k tt of gold to add another 2k per section. (if i remember right he can do about 2si per ped of gold, so 2ktt of gold = 4k SI = 2k SI per section)

Purchase an Energy Source, Sub Warp drive and Armament Device, they are basically for TT and about 150ped each.

Find a customer who is happy with the #2 Short Term Trust option I listed above, and lease your ship to them. This will save you a lot of risk over them keeping the deed, and a lot of hassle over you having to manage guests for them. It will also make the ship more productive for them since they can do those sorts of things.

If they want to use warp, they can buy their own warp drives, but the 3 other devices don't decay so should just stick with the ship imo.

gl with your services,

narfi

Thank you, that was a very enlightening post! :)

The short time trust thing seems indeed to be the best way to do it.

//Dee

Is there a going rate for privateer renting at the moment?

//Dee

The current SI of your ship should be 500 per repair point.
A total of 1000 SI.

2k PED of Gold Ingots should increase the si to at leat:
2300 SI per repair ponint
Total of 4600 minimum

This is also working on an average SI increase of 5.5 per gold ingot. When the Gold is dropped into the Structural Integrity Enineering Terminal the auired SI increase is divided equally between the reapir point.

On a Privateer 2 repair points = 2.75 SI per gold ingot
On a MS 4 Repair Points = 1.375 SI per repair point

Once you have done your SI upgrade your deed will show the SI of each repair point. To obtain the total SI that everyone talks about you need to Myltiply this by 2 for a Privateer and by 4 for a MS.

eg:
Kronan SI 82 k = 20500 SI per repair point.
Normandi SI 102 k = 25500 per repair point
Bismarck SI 14800 = 3700 SI Per repair point (current)

Starfinder X??? SI 40 k = 20000 SI per repair point

As you can see the Bismarck is still quite a weak ship but a well trained and alert crew can make a huge difference.

Thank you Sakuba for the clarification! :)

//Dee

Starfinder XXI SI 62000 not 40000.

Cheers
Bjorn

Back