FYI: Retard prices on 1 PED TT weapons

That's why I made this thread.
So people would think twice before paying the equivalent of almost 200% of the normal version

IF the MU (PED equivalent) of the 1 PED weapons exceed the MU (PED equivalent) of the normal version then don't buy it

here's the thing eco-boys.

there are players around who have played a lot of years, and have gathered a decent amount of skills, but have always stuck to a "normal gameplay" amount of deposit per month. Let's call this semi-poor player Storm Spawn Bootcamp.
This player has had some lausy runs and is down to his last 300 peds. Then in society chat there is a call for a nice soc-hunt on big bulks. Storm Spawn Bootcamp wants to join, but helas if he wants to join he could only use an unlimited non-sib weapon which he hasn't maxed, or buy an L-weapon. But if he does that, the cost of the weapon will take a big chunk out of his 300 ped that he could also use for ammo. So he checks out a 1 ped tt weapon, it has the same stats as the normal version, but it will give him the ability to buy it, hunt with it and once his deposit comes in next month, decay it further. Yes, it's a bit overpriced, but he can join the society hunt, have more spare ammo than he would have if he bought the normal L one, and maybe hit a nice hof which takes care of the high markup.

or he could take the opalo/a101 and shoot daikiba.

Some people just play the game. eco schmeco, bankroll banktroll.

Yeah threadstarter probably thinks tt spend affect loot in some way, BUT Mindark said ... that loot is not affected by amount of peds you waste on the mob.

MA can say whatever they want, but tests show that PED spent does affect loot.
MA can tell me that if I jump out of a plane, I will fall upwards, but... you get the idea.

[edit]sorry I see your other post now[/edit]

here's the thing eco-boys.

there are players around who have played a lot of years, and have gathered a decent amount of skills, but have always stuck to a "normal gameplay" amount of deposit per month. Let's call this semi-poor player Storm Spawn Bootcamp.
This player has had some lausy runs and is down to his last 300 peds. Then in society chat there is a call for a nice soc-hunt on big bulks. Storm Spawn Bootcamp wants to join, but helas if he wants to join he could only use an unlimited non-sib weapon which he hasn't maxed, or buy an L-weapon. But if he does that, the cost of the weapon will take a big chunk out of his 300 ped that he could also use for ammo. So he checks out a 1 ped tt weapon, it has the same stats as the normal version, but it will give him the ability to buy it, hunt with it and once his deposit comes in next month, decay it further. Yes, it's a bit overpriced, but he can join the society hunt, have more spare ammo than he would have if he bought the normal L one, and maybe hit a nice hof which takes care of the high markup.

or he could take the opalo/a101 and shoot daikiba.

Some people just play the game. eco schmeco, bankroll banktroll.

The prices aren't that different though.
129PED
211 PED
Not all that different, just get a lower TT of the normal kind and you get the best of both worlds.
I'm actually often in the same boat (similar) as you, so I do understand where you're coming from. Until I read this thread I too was purchasing the RX/MM versions.

MA can say whatever they want, but tests show that PED spent does affect loot.
MA can tell me that if I jump out of a plane, I will fall upwards, but... you get the idea.

[edit]sorry I see your other post now[/edit]

It's like no-one has heard of unbiased data...

yep. Paying overpriced on anything that is UL is sometimes OK, so long as you use it a hell of a lot to make of for the markup as every repair will reduce the amount of markup you'd be paying otherwise for the L equivalent. Other advantage is that UL items reduce your hassle later of trying to find L items, which in some cases can be a major hassle depending on what the item in question is.

Really just depends on your play style somewhat.

All this mental calculations lol!

Just compare the dmg/pec, its really not that hard... why are you guys trying to calculate total dmg per gun etc?

This. Just compare dmg/pec.

yep. Paying overpriced on anything that is UL is sometimes OK, so long as you use it a hell of a lot to make of for the markup as every repair will reduce the amount of markup you'd be paying otherwise for the L equivalent. Other advantage is that UL items reduce your hassle later of trying to find L items, which in some cases can be a major hassle depending on what the item in question is.

Really just depends on your play style somewhat.

Indeed. The market value of something is not equal to "the highest amount that someone will pay for it". A market value is just the average individual value for a lot of individuals. Any real estate agent will tell you the same. :wise:

So it might very well be worth it for one person to pay above the market value for an item.

Looks about right to me...give or take a few 0.00x damage/pec due to estimation...

Try putting economy enhancers on these guns and you see interesting results.

These new 1 TT weapons are great, and last forever. No wonder everyone is fighting over them in auction.

Fits many players needs perfectly.

I think the 1 PED TT value is the reason. I see it very often, people will pay higher markup for lower TT.

156 TT + 55 PED Markup = 211 out of pocket in just the gun.

1TT + 129 MU = 130 total out of pocket.

People tend to see the "now" cost, and think about the end result at the end. Players in this game have very strange and often illogical spending behaviors. They Pay more for " now", sell for less for a quick sale.

Go home Bettlejus your drunk

here's why:

after some calculation you can see that the prices of the guns are correct when you wont calculate the higher ammo burn.

its simply not looking right and forgetting the higher ammo burn.

Look at the ammo burn. That is why these 1TT guns are so awesome. I wonder why price isn't even higher...
Also, you get awesome eco slapping some eco enhancers on them.

You pay les for now?

You pay less for a couple of hours!

If you burn a gun in 4-5 hours you will pay 200 peds only MU for the same shit, can you make 200 ped MU from 5K ped hunt.

Someone said, Mu is made by players, so high MU on 1 ped guns is because people are stupid..true:)

Take note that my example is based on LC-240

Ammo burn doesnt matter itself, its calculated in eco of of both 1 ped TT guns n normal guns. So yes, price of 1 ped guns r stupid (from the buyer's perspective :D)

Yeah threadstarter probably thinks tt spend affect loot in some way, BUT Mindark said shortly before introducing 1 ped tt weapons,that loot is not affected by amount of peds you waste on the mob.

So 1ped tt weapon is much better at this price :)

where did they say that?

I dont know, Im having fun with my 10ped EMIK S60 ELM

I seriously worry about the mental state/capacity of some people.

It's also about the feeling you get.

If I hunt with an UL non-sib weapon, I always feel I should'nt be doing that because I am not maxed on it.
Even if the numbers tell me that by buying this overpriced 1 ped weapon is way more expensive than shooting an ep-41 with my skill level, I still feel the 1 ped weapon is the better option. And feeling better in game is more valuable than the cold hard truth I suppose.. lol

I use UL sib swords most of the time now, and I only buy L-guns when my swords cannot handle the mob. But I'm nearly maxed on my shagadi tier 2 longblade and I haven't found many mobs anymore I cannot handle. So I guess I won't be buying 1 ped tt weapons anymore.

This thread deserves a bump!

Was browsing AH for a gun when I stumbled over these 1ped TT guns going for insane MU.

If people would use Entropedia, insert "Weapon markup" and check the "Markup based" in Settings - they would see DPP dropping under 2.7 easily.

For Vamachara Mk.Exo (L) (just an example) MU should be ~3000% for ~2.86 dpp, while right now is over 13000%

Yet as someone said, is all about players feeling good and not bother with math even when is money involved.

Paying for MU is worse that paying for decay, according to OP.
So you assume that more decay means better loot.

Is it an old myth? Or is it true? :scratch2:

Only MA knows. :wise:

This whole 1ped TT trend is a way for MA to shift the risk unto the player base. ie MA's profit loss risk is reduced by lowering the flat tt (What they commit to out of their own budget) Not saying there is anything wrong with that, just my 2pec

On the contrary, I think the 1 ped weapons are nice for the hunter.

Let's say you hunt eomons, and you get an option in a loot window during the hunt: You're about to get a 200 ped loot and a 240 rifle. Do you want to get a 200 ped 240 rifle, or do you want to get one 1 PED TT 240 rifle and 199 ped of thyroid oil (which you can turn into ammo at closest outpost)?

The problem with 1 ped TT weapons is when you want to put a decent "market value" to it. It's a problem that occurs for the seller or the buyer (trying to assess the "right" price). But as long as the weapon isn't traded, it's pretty much a non problem.

The 1 ped TT weapons seems to be a way to drop more items without the TT-swing you get by requiring higher level globals needed in order to "fill up" (L) weapons. 1 ped TT items also locks less amount of PEDs for the hunters.

Some year ago there was discussions about (L) mod faps, or more in the line, you get an (L) item at low TT that lasts for a long:ish time.

Another way to see it, is that the 1 ped TT weapons separates the "locked ped" part from items from the markup part, if traded. The problem is just to get a fair comparison. I don't know if it's that easy, but as a rule of thumb maybe, generally, the markup of a 1 ped TT weapon is to be compared to the total markup of a "full TT" one from the normal series.

I can add an oddity: I once looted a "1 ped TT" weapon that had less TT than 1 ped (43 pec or so).

This post is the correct one for eco....

Well if you asked me, shot per shot comparison, this is what I yield while fooling around with the entropedia weapon compare calculator.

lc-240_comparison.jpg

It doesn't matter how many extra shots that you can get from using the MM edition cause you still have to pay for it in ammo, so if you ask me, I'ld most probably go for the normal version since it gives me more dmg/pec spent.

And erm...pardon me whiteknut, but I can't seem to see the MM version being anymore eco than the normal version just because it decays way less in comparison, since the additional portion gets covered up by the spending of more ammo.

I did the calcs on these as well and unless the gun, in particular, the LC-35 editions go for <30 ped(not gonna happen) the increased cost relative to decay and ammo spent for same damage more than offsets any lower cost of RX or MM edition...the only advantage you get is, typically, less 'peds up front' cost...but you more than pay for it in the end...they are a bad eco choice unless u just wanna cycle more peds...because u WILL cycle more peds per shot with RX and MM editions! :wise:

Brick

yeah it maybe suited for players with a lot smaller bankroll

so i guess you will continue to see uneco % on the AH

Back