Rewards not rewarded

Sheryo

Elite
Ranger Sheryo Fenriz
Hello,

I will try to make it as clear as possible, drama free. I wanted to stay silent and let it go but after hearing couple days ago about a well known player who received a "compensation" (yes there are some private discord where some know things before updates and bunch of other stuff) for being a good showcase/living ad for the game, I feel the need to tell my story.

The King Sceptre :
Back in the days, in 2007->2011 I was a lot into fashion, almost had all the rare clothes in the game, bunch of custom sets, won many contests on Calypso, on CND, most of them with no rewards. Won He-Man 2010, 2011 (Mr Calypso), where He-Man suits were rewarded. Then, a year later I was told, by another winner (thanks Freyr, you rock) I was supposed to also recieve a "Kings Sceptre", I ended up recieving one but I never had my "Kings Sceptre 2011", which is still probably in the contest creator inventory. There also was an issue where RavenJade who won Miss Calypso didn't recieve her Queen's Sceptre (which got fixed way later). At that time, I was like... fk it, I won many contests with no rewards so not a big deal, that was until I saw couple months ago Tforest's post about a "land" he should have won on Rocktropia after completing a quest, and it ended up being fixed. So why not trying now to get what I should have been rewarded.
Here is a screen of the rewards, for the He-Man 2011, at that time I didn't know about the Kings Sceptre as reward (even for previous years)
index.php

The Community Recognition Award :
Once again, back in the days, during the Second Golden Age, Mindark/FPC/SDS recruited dedicated players for a guiding program, the goal was simple, stand at newcomers arrival zone and guide them as good as possible. Something I immediatly joined as I was already doing that unofficially, ingame and on EntropiaFrance, guiding new players has been one of my activities for years. We were a team of around 15 guides from different countries, we had Alice in Wonderland in the team, one of the best mentor imho, met Mr-Joey at that time, a fantastic guy, the team was really awesome, I have a picture, somewhere, of the full team with Simon & Emma. With three other guides, one from spain, one from germany, one from poland we made a Mumble Server so we could send to the right guide the newcomers from France, Spain, Germany or Poland. That was the first stage of the program, SGA Guide Marber was rewarded to all of the guides. There was a second stage, with less guides. Longer stage than the first, lasted for months, we were still doing the Mumble meta as it was well organized and if one of us couldn't come online, we were guiding eachother, I remember the german guide telling me "Hey Sheryo, there is that french frog that can't speak english, what do I tell him?", that's how the four of us learnt different langages, good memories. Unfortunatly, something like two weeks/a month before the end of the program, I did a break from the game, I believe the polish guide too. Came back like a month later, guiding program ended but I, with some others were still guiding, as it became a daily routine. Then the armor called "Community Recognition Award" was handed to the guides as a thank, the thing is, I never got it and I believe the polish guide didn't get it either. Once again, I was like fk it, I like teaching people what I know, having them enjoying Entropia was way more important than an armor. For years and years, I've guided, helped, gave goodies to players, got scammed over 80K peds from socmate, friends, so called "Investment Fund", so called "Crafting service" but Entropia was worth it. For years, I was translating all the news, updates, contents for EntropiaFrance, just like the guides did for Entropiaforum.pl, the german forum and the spanish one. EntropiaFrance that was owned and runned by Master Duncan Paradox, we did bunch of hunting and mining events, quizzes, contents at our own cost, no need to say he made the best trailer of the game with a guy called Ifuri, and MA/FPC/SDS even asked it to be changed a bit to make it an official trailer
. No supremacy, no lands, no terminator for it, the trailer was shared the most on forums, news, used in game conventions, Deathifier used it in Australia game convention.
They also worked on
for a Rocktropia contest that ended into the void.
The guy spent A LOT, from his own pocket, for years promoting Entropia, asked to have an affiliate program that was refused.

Back to the real topic, I ended up sending a support in October about those two cases, providing as much informations as I could, as it's been about 10 years, and I recieved this answer a week ago :

"Hi Sheryo,

Thank you for replying.

Our investigation is now complete, and unfortunately, we are unable to offer you any help concerning this case.

We appreciate your understanding.

Take care!

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support"

I'm not the kind of guy to whine, to make dramas, I rather work in the shadows than being an attention whore, I don't like when stories like that goes "public" but how can a guy who streams and spend his time BSing here gets a "decent advantage", not even gonna talk about a guy from amcstudio who just can't lose whatever he does ingame and I get a "Fk you" as answer and case instantly locked.
I have a good friend who has 700K followers on youtube, 150K average views on each vids, we were ready to do bunch of vids for the launch of UE5, for some good content, at our own cost and time, would you also give "decent advantage" for that ?

Mindark, appreciate my non-understanding.

Sir Campbell, Frank, the kindest guy I had the chance to talk to years ago, thanks a lot for all you did in the past, I really hope one day Entropia will get its soul back, more dedicated people and less greedy ass leechers.

Sheryo,

Last edited:
Sorry to hear, this seems to be how most old and forgotten promises end up..

What !! I've won an event on Rocktropia ? It was probably a fake joke, 10 years ago :

index.php

It's long to build it ingame...

As I mentioned in a previous post, Mindark is not here to reward the creativity of the community.
I founded a French forum dedicated to Entropia, I participated in IRL events (I remember at Paris), and many others.
I never understood why Mindark didn't put an employee in place to manage the community and the different platforms.

We may be gamers but we are customers first and foremost, I don't know of any company that treats its customers so badly.

It is not useful to rehash the past but I hope for my future as a player:

That one day a game enthusiast player and businessman will be at the head of Mindark and make this wonderful universe a real exciting virtual world with real content on a regular basis and stop this "deeds" bullshit.
or
That a serious competitor enters the market and makes me leave Entropia.

I won't talk about the aberrations in the game that don't reward player motivation and investment, I'd risk being banned :D

Sheryo, Duncan, good to read you here.
Saddened to see you still involved and expecting any good after those soon 20 years to be.
Be well, guys.

Bump,

If it took four years for this man to receive his reward https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...prizes-a-cautionary-tale.280832/#post-3751460
Mine could finally be solved after 10-13 years ?

I gave up last time when the support answered me "we are unable to offer you any help concerning this case." I thought I should try again after reading Forrest's tale.

index.php

Maybe @Ludvig|MindArk as you were around that time as a player, you can remember, and now, maybe, just maybe help to solve those issues...

Well, still no compensation here.

How many years has it been now?

Back