rocktropia beastiary

how should we have a rocktropia beastiary set up?

• Total voters

dargonstar

Prowler
Society
NBK Elite
Dargon Dargonstarjammer Cosmosic
I know its a matter of time before the rocktropia beastiary is added, but i belive we should have a subforum of rocktropia added for them and not mix them in with the calypso monsters.
your guys's opinions?:confused:

Somewhat biased poll options, but I too reckon subforums for each mob may be easiest for people.

I guess it all depends a bit on whether or not Akbar wants to manage the Rocktropia ones too.

it may seemed biasd, but i wanted hones opinions and not people looking for efd.
you could look at the choices this way.
yes
don't really care
no

Is there anything to say that the mobs on different planets must be mutually exclusive? I guess they'd each be the property of the various planet owners, but what's to stop agreements between planets where DNA gets transported or mobs manage to survive space flights as stowaways or something...

Still, based on the above being pure speculation, I voted for sub-forums too.

Nicely biased poll :D

edit: Oh, that was said already.. sowwy.

it may seemed biasd, but i wanted hones opinions and not people looking for efd.

With the poll options you made you can't get honest opinions, it's biased like JimmyB said.

yes
don't really care
no

Yes, if those were the options it wouldn't be biased. But those aren't the options.

For instance, a perfectly reasonable option would be to vote 'no', and suggest that the threads can all be mixed together, but a separate sticky thread (like the one currently there) of quick links to each mob be made for the Rocktropia mobs. Travel costs would not need to have anything to do with it.

You can't make a "poll" that makes people feel they are in the wrong by clicking on what you don't want them to click on.
Even though I do agree with you, I'm not going to vote on a poll like that.

I kinda like the subforum idea, but if other planets have landareas with DNA slots, it might get slightly complicated...

probably best to see how it plays out.

Could just group them by their origin, not necessarily where they end up if dna trade happens.

Just like real life, we have zoos all over the world with flora and fauna from different continents. If someone asked what is the floura and fauna in north america, you wouldn't start listing the critters from other contents just because they are in a north american zoo.

Could just group them by their origin, not necessarily where they end up if dna trade happens.

Just like real life, we have zoos all over the world with flora and fauna from different continents. If someone asked what is the floura and fauna in north america, you wouldn't start listing the critters from other contents just because they are in a north american zoo.

good point, there are alot of ways one COULD sort, but in terms of creature names that are more planet ambiguous than elvis dragon, it could get confusing to sort 5 subforums to find the planet of origin...

Let's keep the planets separated.

Maybe it'll work as an incentive to increase Rocktropia's bestiary ;)

i voted "i like wasting my time finding what i need". in fact, when i read that, i did not even bother reading the rest of the poll choices.

Agreed... the DNA xfer if it happins will only make the EU game alot more fun to play:yay:

I nearly made a thread about this yesterday and was going to make it in Beastiary itself, but on checking that section, all the threads are created by Akbar with the mob name as a thread title.

I vote either Beastiary is further sub divided with Calypso, Rocktropia, Next Island etc or that Rocktropias Creatures are in a Rocktropia sub forum.

Either way they shouldnt be mixed with Calypso's.

I'm currently not going to be visiting RT (at the earliest) until there is better loot (as in new/rare items), that lootable PVP problem fixed, and a reduction in travel cost.

EDIT: I see we have this thread in the mean time:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/hunting/185194-creatures-rocktopia.html

Last edited:
A Subforum for ROCKtopias Bestiary is a good idea and should be implemented when the chance arises and someone puts themselves forward to do the job. :)

Back