Saturation?

I think it depends a lot on what CE2 is going to bring us. It is not unlikely we will be cursing ourselves that we didn't stockpile those UL guns back in the summer of 2008 when they were so cheap :silly2: But with the current playerbase there is definitely saturation going on. Although that is probably inevitable when the playerbase does not grow but new items keep dropping. It was the main motivation why MA introduced (L).

How many people are millionaires? 1 of 100? 1 of 1000?
How many people play EU?
How many millionaires play EU?
How many mod faps is there? How many imk2s/mm is there?

Globally, 1 in 600 are millionaires. In the western world this average is 1 on 250. Millionaire = more than 1 Million US Dollar. With the drop in the dollar rate versus other currencies the number of Dollar Millionaires increases, say 1 in 200.

I recommend reading the Millionaire next door, very interesting book on this topic.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/style/longterm/books/chap1/millionairenextdoor.htm

Many people that are millionaire don't have a million in cash on their bank account.... they own businesses, houses, pension funds etc that contain their worth.

747440 people downloaded the EU client as of this morning. There are 43k-44k active players
according to this thread https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...tion-entropia-universe-real-player-count.html
Let's make that 44k

I don't think on average more millionaires play EU than there are in the population. You can debate wether it's less or more, I think they are less. I happen to know quite a few millionaires personally and only one plays EU. He does not own uber gear. Of course anyone can say they only know non-millionaires and several own modfap in-game, so feel free to start a debate in a separate thread :D
Let's assume the average or 1 in 200

22 mod faps in game https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/tools/116532-mod-imp-fap-list.html

So with 220 ingame millionaires we have a nice modfap to millionaire ratio of 1:10

At your service :tiphat:

/Slupor

p.s. don't you love facts? ;)

Globally, 1 in 600 are millionaires. In the western world this average is 1 on 250. Millionaire = more than 1 Million US Dollar. With the drop in the dollar rate versus other currencies the number of Dollar Millionaires increases, say 1 in 200.

I recommend reading the Millionaire next door, very interesting book on this topic.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/style/longterm/books/chap1/millionairenextdoor.htm

Many people that are millionaire don't have a million in cash on their bank account.... they own businesses, houses, pension funds etc that contain their worth.

747440 people downloaded the EU client as of this morning. There are 43k-44k active players
according to this thread https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...tion-entropia-universe-real-player-count.html
Let's make that 44k

I don't think on average more millionaires play EU than there are in the population. You can debate wether it's less or more, I think they are less. I happen to know quite a few millionaires personally and only one plays EU. He does not own uber gear. Of course anyone can say they only know non-millionaires and several own modfap in-game, so feel free to start a debate in a separate thread :D
Let's assume the average or 1 in 200

22 mod faps in game https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/tools/116532-mod-imp-fap-list.html

So with 220 ingame millionaires we have a nice modfap to millionaire ratio of 1:10

At your service :tiphat:

/Slupor

p.s. don't you love facts? ;)
:laugh:

Nice post, thx. :)
And yeah, facts are cool :cool:

:laugh:

Nice post, thx. :)
And yeah, facts are cool :cool:

You are welcome!

anyone now go ahead and torture the data until it confesses what you want to hear. :whip:

Just remember there are Lies, Damned Lies and Statistics :silly2:

/Slupor

I think its freaky if you think about it

highest ath in hunting is 90k which isnt enough to buy the top end of armours..

highest ATH in mining is 158k which just requires a finder (150ped) and perhaps an amp ...

highest ath in crafting 227k which just requires a click -

you would think - from a perspective basis - that the profession that requires the most investment - (hunting) would far outstrip the top ATH lists..

Last edited:
highest ath in crafting 227k which just requires a click -

you would think - from a perspective basis - that the profession that requires the most investment - (hunting) would far outstrip the top ATH lists..

That one click cost 43ped each though. MA have made adjustments recently that make hunting far more desirable (like making trox easy to hunt, for example), and making it so we don't have to have such a big investment in the game to do well (making FAP and evader skills far more important than gun+armor)

I think average middle class in Denmark and many other countries earns 50-70k$.

I think average middle class in China (which is frequently mentioned as biggest EU expansion) earns 3 - 4k$

How many people are millionaires? 1 of 100? 1 of 1000?
How many people play EU?
How many millionaires play EU?
How many mod faps is there? How many imk2s/mm is there?

How many millioners have their door opened to public?
And play games like this?

Uber item prices depends on EU players and number of available uber items.
If EU keep growing, and uber items is still (nearly) not dropping, then prices keep going up.

Summer time, global recession, increasing oil prices etc etc might make prices slow down for a while, but in the long run, it's always supply and demand.

100% true.

I think average middle class in China (which is frequently mentioned as biggest EU expansion) earns 3 - 4k$

How many millioners have their door opened to public?
And play games like this?

100% true.

Why do people continue to underestimate China????

China has 345,000 millionaires: study
Oct 17, 2007

"BEIJING (AFP) — China had 345,000 millionaires by the end of last year, the second-most in Asia after Japan, according to a new study by US investment bank Merrill Lynch.

The number of Chinese US dollar millionaires was up 7.8 percent from the year before, helped by a stock market that saw its value soar 130 percent over the 12 months, according to the study, co-authored with consultancy Capgemini." http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5ixQlU1GeghWewhn1PFb2nZwzEPPg

With China having 1.1 Billion people you can't look at averages of earnings. You can't look at what the middle class earn, but simply the top 10%. With the top 10% accounting for 110 million people, and especially with the one child policy (which concentrates spare cash - ie rich kids) the potential number of Chinese who can afford high end items is huge.

To understand the potential for Entropia and the prices that high end rare items will achieve in the future it's important to not look at it through your own ees, but rather to look at data. Entropia has barely scratched the surface in many western countries.

Having just returned from the G03 expo in Perth, Australia I can tell you I spoke to many people at the stand who didn't shy away from the high prices in Entropia. It acted as an attraction to many.

i dont know why ppl always compair prices in EU for uber items as "would you buy a uber item in EU or buy a car instead"

put it this way.. would you buy a real life gun or a car for 10-30k ;)

and if u want to go to the top, would u buy a nice ass house in RL or neverdie's club :confused:

I think there are more wealthy players here than we might realize. I have met several myself in game. For them, money is no object. I don't know how many there are ...but I think it is more than 15.

But those folks are also smart, and don't like being chumps either. They may not care about the $10,000 they might lose on a bad investment...but the idea of making the bad call would probably bother them more. So, there may still be limits as to how inflated things can go.

And I don't think of getting a hof on crafting as costing a click... to get to ATH territory takes a lot of investment I think.

It is hard to evaluate this economy in Summer. Unlike we Arizonans, who try to stay indoors durring the summer, the large number of Northern European Players are taking advantage of the weather to get outdoors more often right now.

I think it's just a lack of education.

If you put it this way - then your post is lack of common sense.

In China (first hand info):

Yearly funding of 10 employees department producing ~300% return + space rental + all ammenities = ~40k$

Mod FAP 40k$

Hmm - yearly funding of new dept - Mod FAP :scratch2: yearly funding / Mod FAP :scratch2: - I BET THEYLL BUY MOD FAP :yay:

I.

P.S.

Btw its a small factory of 10 employees producing changable LED traffic signs :ahh:

P.P.S

I dont really care about prices - wont buy or sell any of those items - just dont like to be considered a moron... been lotsa places, done lotsa things, so excuse me for straying offtopic in such an extent. China has its (large) share of newborn millionares...

If you put it this way - then your post is lack of common sense.

In China (first hand info):

Yearly funding of 10 employees department producing ~300% return + space rental + all ammenities = ~40k$

Mod FAP 40k$

Hmm - yearly funding of new dept - Mod FAP :scratch2: yearly funding / Mod FAP :scratch2: - I BET THEYLL BUY MOD FAP :yay:

I.

P.S.

Btw its a small factory of 10 employees producing changable LED traffic signs :ahh:

P.P.S

I dont really care about prices - wont buy or sell any of those items - just dont like to be considered a moron... been lotsa places, done lotsa things, so excuse me for straying offtopic in such an extent. China has its (large) share of newborn millionares...

Sorry Igorl, I didn't mean "lack of education" is that way

Lack of education can simply mean (and certainly wasn't to be directed at you, but as ozi was talking about people "in general" so was I) that, in this case, people, such as in the US - the average person - , wouldn't be able to identify which countries are economic powerhouses - their media simply doesn't say "China killed the US in the market today".

"Education" in that sense means "gathering of information from non traditional sources"

I understand the point you make. Citizens of Hong Kong, Shanghai and Beijing, I imagine are the target market (50million people). Not the other 1 billion.

I apologise for being too brief/vague in my previous post and I hope that clears things up.

Back