Scaling Cost Per Click During Random Skill Gain Bonuses

Do you think it is good to click something more expensive while affected by random skill gain bonus?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheOneOmega

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Marie TheOne Omega
Suppose you have two blueprints you wish to use, where one costs ten times as much to click as the other. I was thinking the most efficient way to gain skill while using both would be to use the less expensive blueprint until it triggers a random skill gain bonus, then switch to the more expensive Blueprint for the duration of the bonus, so that whatever percentage bonus you received applies to a higher base volume of skill gain.

Then I started wondering whether it's possible to get a second, overlapping random skill gain bonus while the first one is active, and if not, whether it actually becomes less efficient to skill in the above manner due to the smaller random skill gain bonus blocking the possibility of acquiring a larger random skill gain bonus by clicking the more expensive blueprint normally.

My guess is that random skill gain bonuses are infrequent enough that at a 10:1 cost per click ratio, the scaling strategy is worthwhile, but that for huge cost per click disparities (switching from EP 1 to EP 4, for example), the gain would be outweighed by the loss of propensity to acquire a huge random skill gain bonus, IF having the small bonus active would indeed block it. Is there a heuristic for if and when this strategy is a good idea?

Back