Scamming Prevention guides

Good work on this...+rep added.

I'll be pointing any nOOb's at this thread from now on. Got a lot out of it myself too...but I'm an eternal nOOb :D

Thanks for the rep :) the guide def needs some updating again I have seen a few more scams being reported on the forums so I need to run an update on this for sure the main problem I have at the moment is lack of computer time summer is always a bad time for me as I work extra hard trying to pay of loans and such, but a few lines near the top is a great idea and as soon as I get enough time to sit down and jot down a few of the most commen scams ill shove them at the top and bolden them up.

edit---

Ok I have tried to add a shortlist it was rushed so if you feel I have missed any information out please dont hesitate to contact me by pm or in this thread and ill do my best to make the needed amendments

Chimp said:
but I'm an eternal nOOb :D
We are all eternal n00bs ;)

Last edited:
A twist on the "Removing funds from the offer window" scam.

Another scam i have experienced, but luckily did not fall for as i caught it at the last second, is this......... I was trading a quantity of ME when it was selling for 300%. I had abot 72.43 PEDS worth. (I cant remember the persons name) came and enquired about it and said they would buy it all. "Great" i thought and put the lot into the trade window. They put in the correct amount 72.43PEDS and i hit confirm. With the safe guards in place, when they removed their offer and cancelled the trade quickly my Goods were protected and remained in my inventory. The prospective buyer claimed it had been a mistake, so we went through the procedure again.

Again he put in the correct amount of 72.43PEDS and i hit 'confirm'. Low and behold the buyer withdrew his money and cancelled the trade. Again he stated that it had simply been a mistake and could we attempt the trade again. Getting suspicious i agreed reluctantly.:loco:

For the third time i entered my goods and clicked confirm, HOWEVER, on this ocassion the buyer only put in the window the sum of 7.24PED. Expecting me to be fed up with the "mistakes" and in a hurry to complete the transaction enough not to notice he was only offering me 10% of my asking price. When i cancelled the transaction he had the audacity to call me a scammer and proceeded to walk off.:confused:

Please be aware of this type of scam. I have heard it is common place around the area of Port Atlantis

Back